wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-16-2006, 05:34 PM   #31
Blair46
User

Blair46 has little to show at this moment (0)

I agree with Tim and other nay-sayers here. The few times I've played this map, I had no idea what was really going on, but since I stuck beside the group and the "vets" as you call them......... .......blah. But anyways, since I stuck with the group, all I really had to do was stand there and let the game play itself. It was incredibly boring due to the repetitive nature of these survival games. Even though the TD genre is repetitive, it's atleast fun.
Blair46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-17-2006, 02:44 AM   #32
Caster87
User

Caster87 has little to show at this moment (0)

Well...I guess this is a either you hate it or you love it map...just like DOTA some people would everyone play DOTA non-stop or after a game, would hate it for various reasons and swear that they will never play it again...
Caster87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 09:09 PM   #33
SS3Goku
User

SS3Goku is on a distinguished road (10)

NOTD 2 took place on a terraformed Mars in the year range 2145-2160, cant remember exact year though, according to FM_Osiris.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:40 AM   #34
Azazel_
User

Submissions (1)

Azazel_ will become famous soon enough (35)Azazel_ will become famous soon enough (35)

Approved Map: NOTD Aftermath

Send a message via MSN to Azazel_

Trigger:
loop
exitwhen when is fully understood
DisplayTextToPlayer( GetAftermathPlayers(), 0, 0, "The Medical Personnel in Aftermath are called Corpsmen, not medics.")
endloop

NOTD Aftermath 1.2a has been released.

Last edited by Azazel_ : 02-28-2006 at 01:20 PM.
Azazel_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:11 PM   #35
Chuckle_Brother
Oh for the sake of fudge

Respected User

Submissions (2)

Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)

Send a message via ICQ to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via AIM to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via MSN to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via Yahoo to Chuckle_Brother

Add something to prevent camping. I was playing online, and none of the people on my team would let me leave this little ridge thing. Then one guy went out to do all the missions. Overall that ruined the game for me, I didn't even get to be in the thick of the battle.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:40 AM   #36
Hyarion
User

Hyarion is on a distinguished road (14)

I would agree. This map, and others, like for example Skibi's TD, are so different from regular Warcraft that people often don't actually judge them AS WARCRAFT MAPS, but as if they were games in their own right, which tends to lead to the great achievements made by the creators being overlooked.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:44 AM   #37
Azazel_
User

Submissions (1)

Azazel_ will become famous soon enough (35)Azazel_ will become famous soon enough (35)

One countermeasure to camping has been the Cloud in Aftermath 1.2a, as well as some general strategic incentives. An element that I would implement in the next patch is Objective Driven XP, where a material about of XP is awarded for successful participation and completion of a mission. In such a situation, a person who stays on a hill while the rest of the team participates in fulfilling an objective will not acquire any mission XP. This would represent a more fundamental shift in XP and incentive mechanics that may lead players to play more aggresively.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:18 PM   #38
Freakazoid
I love you all.

Submissions (14)

Freakazoid is a jewel in the rough (159)Freakazoid is a jewel in the rough (159)

A great and inspiring map, i got lost while playing the first and second time, but got used to it. I love the quest menu =),I also like the voices, also you can attack crates and destructables without loseing ammo, it could use some improvements but i give it a 5/5. GJ
Old 03-21-2006, 06:02 PM   #39
GaDDeN
Map Dev *********

Respected User

Submissions (3)

GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)

Approved Map: EliminationApproved Map: Stand of the PeonsApproved Map: Elimination Tournament

The best way to solve the camping problem would be to simply not encourage them to; You just shouldnt survive if your cornered with hordes of monsteres attacking. Players that stay on one spot too long should draw larger and larger hordes of monsters toward them, while moving should allow you to evade hard / impossible fights.
GaDDeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:29 PM   #40
Ghost.X
User

Ghost.X has little to show at this moment (5)

Send a message via MSN to Ghost.X

I'm not a very good fan of games that seem pointless. You pretty much stay alive and their is a few random missions here and there that half the time you don't feel like undertaking. The one thing aout a map for it to be successful in my opinion is that it's FUN!! Perhaps the map can use mores structure rather than wondering around a map trying to stay alive.

My Catch Phrases: ALIBIBIDAK! FISH'N'CHIPS! IT'SDAHBOOTIE! BOO! HIO CHANG!
Ghost.X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:43 AM   #41
BBDino
Wc3c's resident llama.

BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)

Who would have thought! A survival map about...survival!
Old 03-27-2006, 10:06 AM   #42
Azazel_
User

Submissions (1)

NOTD Aftermath 1.2b has been released. I have done my best to incorporate as many relevant and constructive feedback as possible.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:26 PM   #43
Ghost.X
User

Ghost.X has little to show at this moment (5)

Send a message via MSN to Ghost.X

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDino
Who would have thought! A survival map about...survival!

Yeah I see your point however, when I said I don't like it when you just wonder around a map aimlessly trying to stay alive; I meant trying to stay alive should be more then just wondering around the map aimlessly trying to stay alive.

My Catch Phrases: ALIBIBIDAK! FISH'N'CHIPS! IT'SDAHBOOTIE! BOO! HIO CHANG!
Ghost.X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:15 AM   #44
Azazel_
User

Submissions (1)

Aimlessness is a result of having insufficient exposure to the game. As you continue learning more about the game, you will develop purposeful strategies and tactics to maximise your survival chances. The game concept replay is an example. There are important objectives for your squad that you are required to accomplish, some of which aid your chances of survival.

Our wikipedia entry will provide more details about the missions and outline of the events that transpire in NOTD Aftermath : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notd_aftermath

=====

NOTD Aftermath 1.2c has been released.

Last edited by Azazel_ : 04-05-2006 at 05:40 AM.
Azazel_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:04 PM   #45
j45on
User

j45on has little to show at this moment (0)

This is to note that:
NOTD Aftermath's official website has been upgraded to cater to the growing community of NOTD Aftermath as well as being inline with the release of NOTD Aftermath 1.3 which has gone through another significant changes ever since v1.2 to signify the next development stage of the map. Everything is currently on schedule to be officiated by the end of this April.

We hope that v1.3 will be able to influence new players to play the map as the map continues to implement changes that totally revolutionalise the basic idea of the map as it always does in v1.0, v1.1 and v1.2. V1.3 is a key change that would require constant players to redefine NOTD Aftermath in such a way that v1.2 can never be the same as v1.3. V1.3 not only is different but has brought back one element of the game which has been replaced to be reinstated due to player's heavy request.

It's true that it operates under WC3 engine but players can never seem to realise that, more often than not. Information about the map is now accessible through the website, that started off with a humble beginning of a single page and forum, which has been entertaining both the critics and the fans. The decision to upgrade the website shows the next level of effort and seriousness that is being placed on the map development. Hopefully in the near future it will evolve into a hub for everything that is inline with the idea that carried the map. We wish to annnounce that v1.3 will be released at the end of April and open for the next round of map review for WC3Campaigns at it's upgraded official site at
http://www.notd-aftermath.com.

We hope you will like it.

Last edited by j45on : 04-24-2006 at 03:11 PM.
j45on is offline   Reply With Quote