wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-22-2007, 05:33 PM   #1
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk
Default (12) Advent of the Zenith

Click image for larger version

Name:	AotZ.jpg
Views:	2384
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	19714
(12) Advent of the Zenith
Current Version: v2.03d

Overview:
Advent of the Zenith is a custom map for WC3: The Frozen Throne created singlehandedly by Rising_Dusk. It has been in production for 5 years, and possesses some nifty features and 20 wicked heroes to play as so far, 10 on each team. This version will (hopefully) be the last of the 2.XX series of AotZ maps. AotZ will see a 3.00 in the future, but for now this is it.

Features:
  • 6v6 gameplay!
  • 20 heroes, each with their own theme, design, and personality.
  • It's entirely optimized from the ground up!
  • Most of your old favorites are back with new twists, check them out!
  • A Hired Hero system that allows you to hire defensive heroes to guard your base and ALSO that increase unit spawns for that base.
  • An insanely PvP oriented design, so that mauling heroes isn't easy, but a common practice.
  • A relatively unique balance system, allowing heroes to be retardedly powerful but completely balanced at the same time.
  • Assistance given for hero kills!
  • A fun traveling merchant!
  • Fun gameplay that'll keep you coming back for more!

Comments:
I am not going to change skills/heroes/items just because you do not like them. If you have balance complaints, those are helpful and perfectly okay by me. However, if you say "Remove Scamp, I don't like him" let me tell you now that I simply will not. No more WoW models are in use in the map.

Yes, in this map you are intended to die fast when against multiple heroes. Nearly all of the skills in the game require some degree of skill to use, and all heroes have specific themes and styles that they favor as well as conditions they work better under. So yes, if you're fighting 3 heroes alone and at once and die in ten seconds, do not be surprised. Anyways, hope ya' enjoy the map! <3

Change Log:
The change log for all versions of AotZ can be found here.

Download:
AotZ Download Mirror
Attached Files
File Type: w3x AotZ_v2.03d(p).w3x (2.34 MB, 2469 views)

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 11-08-2009 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Updated
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-22-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Disapproved.

Quote:
Another thing, this map uses two models taken directly (And optimized) from World of Warcraft.
These are required so far as I am concerned, and unless you plan to make me a better scratch model I am not removing them.
I realize this is against the rules, and if this single object stands in the way of approval then so be it.
I am willing to accept my map being graveyarded because of that.
I can only hope it does not break down to that.

You presume we'd bother to test a map after you've said you will never allow it to be approvable? The rules are no WoW models.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:14 PM   #3
Jacek
Banned

Submissions (1)

Jacek is a jewel in the rough (164)Jacek is a jewel in the rough (164)

Send a message via MSN to Jacek

Stupid rules -.- kick the map because of two necessary models... :((( sux

Last edited by Jacek : 01-22-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Jacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:34 PM   #4
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

LOL, you dont takes maps that have WoW models?
Ok, now the rules really are getting ridiculous (or I guess 'always have been').
Old 01-22-2007, 06:34 PM   #5
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Project Leader: WotTH

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd PlaceSkinning Competetion #3 - Elementals

Dusk, I'd be willing to help, this map is too good to be unapproved.

If you can find someone to model and texture the models you need, I think I'd be willing to animate you if I can find the time. And I'd make time.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:40 PM   #6
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

Ok what the hell...

I just re-read the map submission rules twice over, where does it say about the WoW models?
Perhaps I missed something.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:47 PM   #7
Mc !
Master Creator !

Acting art director
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (101)

Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd PlaceModeling session 2 - Chimeras

Send a message via MSN to Mc !

I guess I can try helping. Just tell me what are those two models and I will try making the model (maybe the skin as well (or maybe no custom textured)) to give it to chriz. since he offered to animate it

Awesomeness = #Rep / #Posts

Last edited by Mc ! : 01-22-2007 at 06:49 PM.
Mc ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:59 PM   #8
Jacek
Banned

Submissions (1)

Jacek is a jewel in the rough (164)Jacek is a jewel in the rough (164)

Send a message via MSN to Jacek

this is a joke ... wc3c
Jacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:21 PM   #9
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)Chriz. has a brilliant future (830)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc !
I guess I can try helping. Just tell me what are those two models and I will try making the model (maybe the skin as well (or maybe no custom textured)) to give it to chriz. since he offered to animate it
Awesome.

And we could submit it as a resource too, for others to use. I think in-game texture usage would be ace.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:41 PM   #10
Mc !
Master Creator !

Acting art director
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (101)

Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd PlaceModeling session 2 - Chimeras

Send a message via MSN to Mc !

ok, I can't open the map xD(I mean in the world editor).

Could you please send me those 2 wow models so I can see them and then make non-wow probably nct models?

Awesomeness = #Rep / #Posts

Last edited by Mc ! : 01-22-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Mc ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:43 PM   #11
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Submissions (17)

I'll try and get them, hold on.

Nevermind, I assume the map is protected : P

Last edited by Chriz. : 01-22-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Chriz. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:59 PM   #12
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Wow, I love you guys.
I'd never thought you all would rally to help get it approved, this really means a lot to me.

I can supply both original models.
They are attached to this post below.
If I forgot to include anything, let me know.
I think I got it all.

The models are for Myriad and Scamp.
Scamp is an imp, and the model from WoW was about as perfect to his personality and style as I could possibly achieve.
Even the animations were attuned to his personality.

Myriad is the WoW skeleton model, and to be fair there's nothing too specific about him, so as long as it's a skeleton with armor and a gigantor sword.
He's all about the squad-based combat and such. You'll have to try him in an earlier version, since he's in the shop for bugs at the moment.

And yeah...
Thanks again guys, I really don't know what else to say.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 01-22-2007 at 11:09 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:07 PM   #13
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Submissions (17)

Thank us when it's finished, okay? : )
Old 01-22-2007, 08:32 PM   #14
SentryIII
Hello world!

Submissions (2)

SentryIII will become famous soon enough (56)SentryIII will become famous soon enough (56)

Approved Map: S3 Marine Corps

Send a message via AIM to SentryIII

I've played this map many times and if you remember, I said I have not found anythin wrong with this map. That statement still stands. I haven't found anything wrong with this version. Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulla
Ok what the hell...

I just re-read the map submission rules twice over, where does it say about the WoW models?
Perhaps I missed something.

Apparently those rules need to be updated. There's a few rules that are currently unwritten, such as requiring admin approval on top of the 2 staff member approvals.

S3 Marine Corps (Map Series)
http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=83733

Warcraft III AutoRefresh (C# .NET Open Source Application)
http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=93728
SentryIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:40 PM   #15
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Here are the submission rules.
And yeah, those rules make no note of the "No WoW-Model" thing, nor the 2mod-1admin thing.
Still, I knew about both walking into this.

I think it's silly to strike a map down because it uses WoW models though.
It's not like we're stealing or anything, it's using Blizzard's property to make a map for Blizzard's game.
If they really had a problem about it, people would have been sued already.
And that hasn't happened.

Oh well, it would be absolutely awesome if Scamp/Myriad could get better, scratch models. <3
So it's okay.