wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2006, 05:19 AM   #1
ShadowWolf
Mr. Awesome!

Submissions (1)

ShadowWolf will become famous soon enough (39)ShadowWolf will become famous soon enough (39)

Approved Map: SheepGuard TD

Default (8) SheepGuard TD v2.5b

Not your ordinary TD, this map has many unique features untouched by any other map. With only taking 20 minutes to beat (even less if you fail =P) it's a bundle of whacky sheep massacre.

This is the final version for a long time, unless some major bugs are found.

It may not be the most popular map, but it has gotten it's pedastal in the spotlighted maps at Battle.net, and is worth some good tries, and a few more. Just remember not to try and play it like other TDs, and it'll be lots of fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SGTD.jpg (49.7 KB, 1227 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x SheepGuard_TD_v2.5b.w3x (198.0 KB, 3113 views)
ShadowWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-20-2006, 07:32 AM   #2
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

I played quite a few games of this map back in the time when it got spotlighted on bnet, and I must say I really liked the design and gameplay mechanics. A fun map. It has my approval.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:58 AM   #3
Azazel_
User

Submissions (1)

Azazel_ will become famous soon enough (35)Azazel_ will become famous soon enough (35)

Approved Map: NOTD Aftermath

Send a message via MSN to Azazel_

A nice change of play from the regular lane TDs. Interesting tooltips. It is relatively simple to get into and has a small map size, which are great plus points.

Last edited by Azazel_ : 01-20-2006 at 11:19 AM.
Azazel_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 12:46 PM   #4
iNfraNe
PhD

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe

has my approval.
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball
iNfraNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:52 PM   #5
ShadowWolf
Mr. Awesome!

Submissions (1)

ShadowWolf will become famous soon enough (39)ShadowWolf will become famous soon enough (39)

Thanks guys! =]

If you only played the version that came out when on b.net, I suggest you check out 2.5b, rebalanced and more noob-friendly. It's also possible to solo now :D
Old 01-20-2006, 09:35 PM   #6
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

Different take on TD's, I like it. Howeve,r in my opinion, the hay should not be selectable or attackable by the players. Although the hay is placed back instantly, it is still a little silly.

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 10:25 PM   #7
ShadowWolf
Mr. Awesome!

Submissions (1)

Yeah, a little technicality issue, I have no clue why or how that didn't get fully fixed, but it's not all really that big of a deal, so I'm not going to worry about it. I just threw a trigger to replace it because I didn't feel like messing with who can target what.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:13 PM   #8
GaDDeN
Map Dev *********

Respected User

Submissions (3)

GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)

Approved Map: EliminationApproved Map: Stand of the PeonsApproved Map: Elimination Tournament

Quote:
because I didn't feel like messing with who can target what.

Lazy :D
GaDDeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 02:10 AM   #9
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

approved, it's a good map, but there are a few bugs.

If you choose to restart at the dialog menu, you keep all your resources and the trees planted by tree-eating sheep stay, giving you an advantage.

Also some waves are just plain crazy in particular waves 12,18,and 20. Wave 12 wasn't so bad, it was liveable but almost got overrun. Wave 16 was insane, I mean it wouldn't be so bad if you could actually train unit to fight or if you could uproot your towers, but honstly your hero has sooo low damage it takes forever to kill all the demolishers who stay safely out of range and destroy your towers.

Wave 20 is just ... uber insane. I mean you get attacked from all sides. THere has to be some reasonable-ness in the last level, I mean my 3 nature guardians, 3 pulverizers and 3 iron chefs (level 3) did nothing agianst them.

Last edited by Taur : 01-22-2006 at 02:45 AM.
Taur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 06:28 AM   #10
ShadowWolf
Mr. Awesome!

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaDDeN
Lazy :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taur
approved, it's a good map, but there are a few bugs.

If you choose to restart at the dialog menu, you keep all your resources and the trees planted by tree-eating sheep stay, giving you an advantage.

Also some waves are just plain crazy in particular waves 12,18,and 20. Wave 12 wasn't so bad, it was liveable but almost got overrun. Wave 16 was insane, I mean it wouldn't be so bad if you could actually train unit to fight or if you could uproot your towers, but honstly your hero has sooo low damage it takes forever to kill all the demolishers who stay safely out of range and destroy your towers.

Wave 20 is just ... uber insane. I mean you get attacked from all sides. THere has to be some reasonable-ness in the last level, I mean my 3 nature guardians, 3 pulverizers and 3 iron chefs (level 3) did nothing agianst them.
Yes, the restart function is a very recent addition, so there are some kinks that still could be worked out. As for certain levels being insanely hard, that honestly varies for every single person who plays, as each person has their own 'style' and since each tower is good against certain things, it's generally best to keep a wide variety of towers. 12 I can't remember for sure what it is, I think it's the Magic Immune- again, look at your tower selection. By that time you should have enough mana to place a mass jumble of level one towers to handle that. Level 18, 2 ways to get past this. First, it really depends on your hero build, as when you put a lot into Intelligence Bonus and/or Fist of Heaven really helps. Also, higher level sharpshooters have longer range than these, as well as level 3 magic towers. An early upgraded magic tower is almost always a nice bet, but again watch out for the magic immune. As for level 20, kekekekeke. Basically anyone who beats level 20 solo, I hold them in highest regards, it's not easy task, and is not something I myself have done. But early prep, and managing the damages of levels 17+18 might help, just play around with your strategies and the such. Each tower has it's according benefits. Best towers for mass levels like 20 are probably Magic and Cannons for their splash. Iron Chefs are good, and a little OP on level 3, but I always prefer the animal caller or frost poacher, especially since there's unlimited use for that. Poachers are very useful when placed properly. =]
May I ask what difficulty you were playing one, and how long it took you to get as far as you did? I like to know these things for judgement on the precision of difficulty. It ranges between solo and open house, but I think I've nailed it where Easy is passable by noobs and first-timers, medium is a good rate for people who have played a few times, and hard is still a challenge for the pros. (Based on open-house bnet games)

Last edited by ShadowWolf : 01-22-2006 at 06:33 AM.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:46 PM   #11
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

I was playing easy, so I could test as many levels as possible. And I didn't mean lv.12 I mean't 8, those high level armour sheep :P It took me err.. dunno 20-30 min?

I played again this time choosing the animal guy, he was very good, but very hard to control I mean he can summon all these critters with all these abilities, it's very hard to manage, I suggest maybe giving them to a computer player that the human player has full shared control over so they cast some themselves.

I managed to survive level 18, coz of the animal guy and had 4 magic guardians built, but still nothing to lv.20.

Basically my strategy is to build kinfe throwers early and don't spend points upgrading them. I try and get magic guardians as soon as possible and then overload my towers on the left side, becuase most sheep come that way. Then I build pulverizers in front of the guardians and knife throwers, to protect them and block up the lanes so the sheep have to go around and then get toasted by my guardians. Works very well till level 18, then I get toasted on the right side, barely escape level 19 and get flattened on lv.20

Last edited by Taur : 01-22-2006 at 03:49 PM.
Taur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:29 PM   #12
ShadowWolf
Mr. Awesome!

Submissions (1)

Oh hehe, forgot to mention, for attackers, throw a bunch of poachers in front spaced out as buffer zones, they have the most hp and armor.It'll help buy time. Also like I said, the sharpshooter can attack the long-ranged towers. I'll see how far I can get and post a replay.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:50 PM   #13
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

Oh by the way, I approve. =P

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:44 PM   #14
Wizardum
User

Wizardum has little to show at this moment (4)

Send a message via MSN to Wizardum

Really very good and original map.
Perfect for team work.
An original terrain, you were capable of creating a TD with a map completely different from all others.
The idea of casting the towers is very good and the caster capable of casting deadly spells and attacking is awesome too.
+Reputation for the originality!
Wizardum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:25 PM   #15
NET-RUN
User

NET-RUN has little to show at this moment (4)

I do have to mention that the upgrade points carry through resets, so you can fail 68 times and then have every tower you could possibly build upgraded to max.