wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2006, 07:34 PM   #1
Panto
LASER DRAGONS IS RELEASED

Development Moderator
User Project: Panto

Submissions (2)

Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)

Approved Map: Call to Arms

Default (12) Call to Arms [Pre-1.24]

Here's the latest release version of the Call to Arms footwar map, which was once known as Pantokrator Footman Wars. I wrote and created the map from scratch with four new races with four new heros each.

Footman Wars is a game where you compete as a team against other teams' heroes, while your standard units are generated for you as time passes. Destroy your enemies' town halls to win.

Features:
  • Made from scratch
  • Four new races with four new heros each.
  • Rally points work for spawned units
  • Dialog box race and range selection before the game begins
  • Computer players give control of their units to their allies
  • Players that leave the game give control of their units to their allies
  • Custom upgrades (including rate of spawn) and items
  • Free gift system promotes the use of some items to spice up gameplay
  • Both ranged and melee units balanced and in the same map
  • No lag when heros are summoned
  • Cohesive and complete "feel" for all races
A couple important things to know about this game:
  • Rally points work for spawned units. I haven't encountered this for any other Footman Wars map to date, and I think it's a really invaluable skill for micromanaging your developing armies. Just as you can get skilled at automating your base in melee Warcraft 3, so can you control your base structure, remote armies, your hero, and your deployment in this map. Being capable of doing that is a decided advantage for skilled players.
  • Computer players and players that leave during the game are not lost. They give control of their units to remaining allies. While this requires more micromanagement for the remaining players, it also gives you unified control of more units, which can be an advantage. Furthermore, you can get a full house a little easier by fleshing out a couple teams with a computer player. You can make a 2v2v2v2 game much more interesting by adding a computer to each team. The "difficulty" level of the computers does not change their behavior in-game. Note: If a player is controlling a computer army or the army of a left-player, the only structure that the enemies need to destroy is that of the remaining player.

See the Map Forum for additional details including all hero information and a complete list of the triggers!
Attached Images
File Type: gif war3mapPreview.gif (24.5 KB, 1999 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x CalltoArms120e.w3x (865.1 KB, 4210 views)

Last edited by Panto : 10-10-2006 at 01:53 AM.
Panto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-19-2006, 09:16 PM   #2
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

Good map, but some things>
I assume its still in earlish stages

- Heroes repsawn to quickly, I was slaughtering them and they were back in mere seconds :-(
- Needs more items after about 5-10 mins playing I had to much gold
- Need more upgrades just as above in the end I couldnt spend my gold
- Items need a smaller cooldown, e.g. a res scroll is quite pointless unless I can to buy a stack of them
- No fountain of healing at base? I was microing all my injured units back to base but they couldnt heal=(

- Id recommend giving units some autocast abilities that can be researched. Like the arachnids the ability that makes dieing units turn into mini spdiers.
- Perhaps adding some tiers, like evolving units into a bigger stronger unit.
- Add one extra ability to each hero

Also I recommend
- Adding buildable buildings, such as towers. Giving the match some strategy in a team building up defences
- Perhaps capability to build more spawning buildings maybe with new units?
- Perhaps Walls/defence towers, traps like the Arachnid race could build an invisible ditch with a mouth that gobbles units that fall into it. *shrugs*

Last edited by Fulla : 01-19-2006 at 09:19 PM.
Fulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 05:08 PM   #3
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

Approved, of course.

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 06:15 PM   #4
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

1st footman wars map I try.

seems that footman wars are un friendly for 1vs1 games so I can't really judge it.

But I think that it could use some improvements, some way to increase your gold profit and more reasons to use it.

What I'd really like is that if players could have 2 unit types and not just 1 or at least an option to allow so. I think that if players got the ability to alternate between ranged and melee it would help.

More items would be a good idea too.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 05:00 PM   #5
Blade.dk

Respected User

Submissions (15)

Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)

Approved Map: Azeroth's Arcane ArenaSpell session 01 winner

Send a message via MSN to Blade.dk

I fully approve this map.

It isn't the only footman wars type map? Correct. But it is one of the best maps in it's genre, seems very balanced and has some unique features.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:50 PM   #6
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

bah, I think that maybe a good 2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2 would be a great experience. aproved
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:51 PM   #7
Juliano
User

Submissions (1)

Juliano is on a distinguished road (11)

Send a message via MSN to Juliano

I love this map...really... ehehhehe

Suggestions:

-Add more itens to buy, because "late game" I got a lot of money and I got nothing to spent...
-Do more trigger enchanced spells, only few of them have...
-Perphaps you can make a "random event" like : spawning a powerfull creature at the center of the map for some seconds...
-Do some more heros...

That's all... than it will be much nicer!!!
Old 10-03-2006, 05:16 AM   #8
Panto

Development Moderator

Submissions (2)

Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)

The map has been updated with a new version! See the first post in this thread.
"The perfect is the enemy of the good." Voltaire
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." C.S. Lewis
Old 10-03-2006, 06:02 AM   #9
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Very nice map. Nice abilities, with some good synergy, and it comes together to make a nice style.

Cleaned out the thread a little as well.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:23 AM   #10
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

Very hot, it's about time!

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 01:40 PM   #11
DurotarLord
User

Submissions (2)

DurotarLord has little to show at this moment (6)

Welp i fiannly had a chance to play it and i must say it is fun. but, I hated how i had computer allies and id be microing all their heros around when they would randomly cast their spells. Id go to cast my clerics heal spell in a good location and the cooldown would be going off on it because he stuipedly casted it when there was only 1 or 2 units around him automaticly. nice game though (trails off into offtopic)

Last edited by Captain Griffen : 10-07-2006 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Off-topic bitching deleted.
DurotarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:25 PM   #12
illidan92
Banned

illidan92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-10)

In the description it says "computer players that leave", how does a computer leave?
illidan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:59 PM   #13
Panto

Development Moderator

Submissions (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panto
Computer players and players that leave...
In fact, you misread it.
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." C.S. Lewis
Old 01-10-2007, 12:35 AM   #14
corrupt
User

corrupt has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Computer players give control of their units to their allies

Seconding this as a micromanaging problem. Who wants to control of their AI allies? No point of even having AI if you are FORCED to have control of their units.

Dont get me wrong it's a good map, but it'd be a lot easier if the AI did his own job and didn't leave you to micromanage him as well as your own guys.

Biggest problem though is the AI doesn't seem to even attack. I brought it back down to a 1vs1 with me in the NW and an AI in the SE and the AI player just sent all his guys to the middle area, almost breaching the entrace to my corner but not quite.. I waited.. and waited.. and waited.. but alas, he did not attack!?

If those two things could be fixed, IMO this would be pretty much a PERFECT map! ;)
corrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:43 PM   #15
Panto

Development Moderator

Submissions (2)

The behavior of your computer enemies depends on the level of difficulty chosen for each computer during pregame. Easy computers will only defend their base. Normal computers will only control the middle. Insane computers will attempt to eliminate players.