wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Spells
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-07-2006, 10:52 PM   #1
Daminon
WWIAFTM!

Submissions (12)

Daminon will become famous soon enough (70)Daminon will become famous soon enough (70)Daminon will become famous soon enough (70)

Send a message via Yahoo to Daminon
Default Daminon's spells

An updated version of my spell map. Contaings 10 spells. Don't care about that the threads' name says "v2". I will use this map for all my spells. The last 5 was origninaly to be used for a constest but I got tired of waiting so I relseased them now.

Splitting Lightning
Shoots out a lightning bolt at a target and deals damage. The lightning then splits to a specific amount of the closest targets and deals less damage to them. An alternative to Chain Lightning.

Unholy Lightning
Detects the targets of Chain Lightning and casts Soul Burn on them. Can also be used to affect allies instead of enemies like Healing Wave.

Flashing Spiral
Spiral spell with a custom amount of curves extending from the caster that can be customized to affect allies or enemies, cast a spell on them and deal damage/healing.

Glacial Storm
A channeling rain spell using missiles.

Pain Mirror
A passive chance to trigger spell that reflects damage to the attacker if in range, the triggering unit takes no damage. There are two more options to choose from: damage converts to healing or both effects.

Chilling Wind (my favorite of all spells ;) )
A chain spell that uses missiles and can be customized to target either allies, enemies or BOTH with different effects.

Hoarfrost
You know Bhaal's most annying but coolest spell. A frost wave that pushes targets back.

Burn Shield
A passive spell that triggers when attacked. The spell has a chance to ignite the attacker if in range. For every interval the chance to continue burn is reduced. In return the power is transfered to the damage for each interval. Can be costumized to have a limit for the chance. Shortly: high chance to deal low damage and low chance to give high damage. Those who know JASS can uncomment some interrsting debug messanges in the code. Supports dispel.

Shock Nova
This nova spell is unique. The problem with standard novas (not using moving missiles) are that the gap between the segmentes becomes bigger as the ring expands. This spell will try to keep the gap distance constant.

Lightning Stroke
Sends a lightning to a target. All units in its' path will take damage. Also slows them. It's purpose is to group units in an angled rectangle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Daminon's spells v4.1 real.JPG (13.4 KB, 2378 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x Daminon's spells v4.1 - JESP.w3x (470.5 KB, 2293 views)

Last edited by Daminon : 05-01-2007 at 04:24 PM.
Daminon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-07-2006, 10:57 PM   #2
Blade.dk

Respected User

Submissions (15)

Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)

Approved Map: Azeroth's Arcane ArenaSpell session 01 winner

Send a message via MSN to Blade.dk

Nice spells.

Approved.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:00 PM   #3
Daminon
WWIAFTM!

Submissions (12)

Daminon will become famous soon enough (70)Daminon will become famous soon enough (70)Daminon will become famous soon enough (70)

Thank you.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:34 AM   #4
Nasrudin
User

Respected User

Submissions (31)

Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)

I found that sometimes enemies can be cursed with soulburn even if they are too far to be directly hit by the unholy lightning (on bounce of course); you may want to check that.
Nasrudin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 08:06 PM   #5
Daminon
WWIAFTM!

Submissions (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasrudin
I found that sometimes enemies can be cursed with soulburn even if they are too far to be directly hit by the unholy lightning (on bounce of course); you may want to check that.
Did you look at the variable configuration section in the script? There I added 33 to the pick radius since Vexorian's function that picks like OE seems to fail on my computer in this spell. Remove the 33 addition to the pick radius and see if it works.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:02 AM   #6
Volte
User

Volte has little to show at this moment (4)

Send a message via AIM to Volte Send a message via MSN to Volte

Unable to download. Any ideas why? Yes I am logged in, it says I do not have enough permission or something similar.
Volte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 01:16 AM   #7
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

that would be kind of weird, something is screwed then, I will check the permissions of the "user" usergroup.

Everything is allright: Most likelly you have cookies problems, try clearing your cookies then log in again.

If it doesn't work please paste the complete error message you get
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:36 AM   #8
gnolllord
User

Submissions (1)

gnolllord has little to show at this moment (3)

i have the same problem,

gnolllord, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
gnolllord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:19 AM   #9
Daminon
WWIAFTM!

Submissions (12)

I guess you havn't activated your accont.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:59 AM   #10
Daminon
WWIAFTM!

Submissions (12)

Map updated folks. Yes yes double post.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:34 PM   #11
Nantuko Husk
Son of the eagle

Submissions (4)

Nantuko Husk has a spectacular aura about (99)Nantuko Husk has a spectacular aura about (99)Nantuko Husk has a spectacular aura about (99)Nantuko Husk has a spectacular aura about (99)

Send a message via MSN to Nantuko Husk

nice nice spells!

rep , I also see my func....

mostly the rep is because of the math thingies there!

-------------------------------------------------
you still have space for performance Improvement.

Actually a major imrpovement you could do is use vexorian's tables. they work faster than the Local Handle Variables.

Last edited by Nantuko Husk : 03-03-2006 at 12:39 PM.
Nantuko Husk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:49 PM   #12
Daminon
WWIAFTM!

Submissions (12)

It seems that the CS will consume more and more jassers with it's efficiency. I thought I wound't need it but it seems that even I have to start use it. Mm, just begin to read all the readmes.

The math things. Oh since I have always been having some difficulities with math these functions where very hard for me to make. The GroupEnumUnitsInAngledRectangle took around 6hrs of drawing and gauging with protractor and ruler. I havn't even learned trigonomery in school. And the nova thing, I didn't know that real/integer=integer so that caused some annying problems.

Any way many thanks for your appreciating.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:42 PM   #13
Chuckle_Brother
Oh for the sake of fudge

Respected User

Submissions (2)

Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)

Send a message via ICQ to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via AIM to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via MSN to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via Yahoo to Chuckle_Brother

Bug found...that lightning blast that strikes units in its path, well it seems to be giving the target soulburn...while unholy lightning doesnt.....
Old 03-07-2006, 08:30 PM   #14
Daminon
WWIAFTM!

Submissions (12)

Sounds very strange. I will take a look at it later (don't have time now).

EDIT:
Fixed lot's of debugmsg that I forgot. Lightning Stroke was supposed to cast a dummy spell but it wasn't descriped in the tooltip and the spell was wrong. However I can't find any (new) error with Unholy Lightning. The only problem I experience is that it picks more targets than it should (which is becouse (as you can read in the spells trigger) that Vexorian's function doesn't work on my computer).

Last edited by Daminon : 03-07-2006 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:47 PM   #15
Daxtreme
Wc3Helper

Submissions (2)

Daxtreme will become famous soon enough (34)Daxtreme will become famous soon enough (34)

Nice spells. Incredible actually ;)

They all are efficient, beautiful, and useful. GJ!