wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Spells
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-04-2006, 06:57 PM   #1
Daelin
Kelani Mage

Submissions (48)

Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)

Hero Contest - First place

Default Mana Surge - Version 1.1

Revival of the High Elves spell, like usual. ;)

Description:
Mana Surge - Curses the target so that everytime it is supposed to lose mana, it will lose life instead.
Purify - Blocks all negative buffs from an allied unit.
Shell - Prevents any physical damage from affecting the target, being absorbed by a shield. The shield has limited life!

Version 1.1 - Now fully compatible with Spell Steal.

Icon included for Mana Surge, and made by me as well. Comments and suggestions are welcome!

~Daelin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BuffPackScreenie.jpg (364.9 KB, 1011 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x BuffPackROTHE.w3x (63.2 KB, 725 views)

Last edited by Daelin : 01-08-2006 at 01:13 PM.
Daelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-04-2006, 06:59 PM   #2
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

In the name of the spell making conminity please boycott spell steal not even try to make a spell compatible with it.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 07:01 PM   #3
Daelin
Kelani Mage

Submissions (48)

Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)

What was that? Can you please try to reformulate cuz I didn't get it... Thanks! Oh, and you can delete this post ;)

Old 01-04-2006, 07:07 PM   #4
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Seriously I think that making spells compatible with spell steal will only produce harm to the spells
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:13 AM   #5
Daelin
Kelani Mage

Submissions (48)

Fixed some more issues which could've caused problems for spell steal. Now not only is it Spell Steal compatible (fully, 100%), but it no longer picks up all units on the map. Now the algorithm is efficient!

~Daelin

Old 01-05-2006, 08:48 AM   #6
Blade.dk

Respected User

Submissions (15)

Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)Blade.dk is a glorious beacon of light (418)

Approved Map: Azeroth's Arcane ArenaSpell session 01 winner

Send a message via MSN to Blade.dk

The spell itself is not legendary, but it is ok.

I agree with Vex that spell steal should be ignored, but in cases like this where it is for melee, you need to support it.

I have seen very few spells that supported spell steal, this one is the first that does it good, I didn't find a single bug. Nice, spell steal support makes this spell unique.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:57 AM   #7
Daelin
Kelani Mage

Submissions (48)

Well, I know that the spell is not incredible. I posted it mostly because I wanted to prove that it is possible to make spells compatible with spell steal. That was its only purpose. The effect of the spell is mediocre close to good, I am aware of that. ;)

~Daelin

Old 08-26-2006, 09:35 PM   #8
FrankHamand
User

FrankHamand has little to show at this moment (1)

2 things...

The buff tooltip cuts off

Is the priest supposed to be magic immune? flamestrike doesn't harm it
FrankHamand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 09:59 PM   #9
smith
User

Submissions (1)

smith has little to show at this moment (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHamand
The buff tooltip cuts off

That always happens to the buff tooltips cuz of their length. If it cuts, it means it's too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHamand
Is the priest supposed to be magic immune? flamestrike doesn't harm it

Is it so hard to open that map and take a look?

Last edited by smith : 08-26-2006 at 10:00 PM.
smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:26 AM   #10
norava
User

norava has little to show at this moment (0)

i gotta say i like mana surge but y make it so the only unit that is damagable on the map WONT ATTACK

also its pretty ironic i found this i was just having a idea to make it so u lose health instead of mana but u can still heal by resting or something like in my books
norava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:40 PM   #11
MoCo
User

MoCo is on a distinguished road (14)

Send a message via ICQ to MoCo

I want to use the shell spell in a new rpg project of mine but it seems to me, that itl has a little bug, when cast on a unit with very few life. When the unit takes a huge amount of damage it dies, even if the damage should be absorbed by the shell. Maybe I am wrong but looks like it first gets the damage and then the shield immediately restores the lost hitpoints but if the damage is deadly, the unit dies even with the shell.. or did I have set up something wrong?

Last edited by MoCo : 12-31-2007 at 04:45 PM.
MoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:49 PM   #12
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Well, maybe Daelin made this spell before he discovered how to properly avoid damage. If it uses a 0.00 second timeout timer then he did do it properly and there's probably some option regarding killing the unit you didn't change.

If it doesn't use the timer, then you simply can't make it not kill the unit; to make it not kill the unit you'll have to have somebody rewrite part of the spell for you.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote