wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Project Recruitment
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 01:10 AM   #1
Magnum123
User

Magnum123 has little to show at this moment (0)

I'm in the process of updating Sonic Saga, an action/RPG based on the Sonic game series. Version 1.05 is currently in the download section, but I'm currently updating it because of some bugs and balance problems that were discovered in the current version. My philosophy regarding updates is to not make them quick and dirty changes, so I've decided to add even more things to it.
-Current Features:
1. Six starting characters and seven unlockable characters.
2. Six stages and a hero level cap of 14 (enemies can reach level 18), and one bonus level.
3. Seven Chaos Emeralds to find, with a reward for collecting all seven.
4. Mini games such as Sky Chase Zone stages, player versus player duels, and Chao raising complete with hybrid (such as running/power) Chao that were added for 1.05.
5. A Crono Cross EXP system. (No EXP but characters auto level up at specific moments. This system is designed as a balancing tool to help the less combat oriented characters have the same levels as the more combat orientated ones.
6. Ideally, I'm aiming for a Mega Man Zero 3 style difficulty for this map.
-Features to be added.
1. One more secret character that gives the player the ability to pick what spells he has.
2. More stages, making the hero level cap 18 and the enemy level cap 23.
3. New Chao Karate and Chao Racing mini games.
-What this project needs: I'm currently looking for are the following things.
1. A modeler. (Preferably someone who can make models from scracth and animate.)
2. A skinner.
Here's a screen shot of Sonic's Super Form in action. I added the cracked ground at the unit's feet to add some DBZ like effects that are purely for visuals.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-09-2005, 07:00 PM   #2
Metal_Sonic64
User

Submissions (4)

Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)

Send a message via MSN to Metal_Sonic64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum123
3. New Chao Karate and Chao Racing mini games.
Chaos! I've played your map a couple of times and it's pretty good, to say the least. The only thing that really bugged me was the terrain and the fact that everything seemed clutered, I would have enjoyed an opening cinematic or something.

I'm willing to terrain the map (especially chao garden :D) and help out with any other little things like that. I'm a pretty good terrainer and I think that with some nice eye candy, this map could make a much bigger impact.

Another I'd like to see is a single player RPG like this, where you get to choose your character and battle Eggman's Robots, but I think it would be cool if it was entirely based around SA1 and SA2B. Both of which I know by heart pretty much. I own SA2B and Sonic Mega Collection, I also own Sonic R for computer and I've played nearly every old Genesis sonic. Anyways, those are my ideas, so make what you wish out of them :)
Terrain- llllllllll
Triggers-
llllllllll
Old 05-09-2005, 07:06 PM   #3
Arkidas
User

Submissions (1)

Arkidas is on a distinguished road (10)

Looks pretty cool ;) I wish you good luck with it. But is it really a campaign?
Old 05-09-2005, 08:00 PM   #4
Metal_Sonic64
User

Submissions (4)

Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)

Nah, it's a Bnet map.

BTW Arkidas that flashing sig could give someone a seizure 0.<
Terrain- llllllllll
Triggers-
llllllllll
Old 05-09-2005, 10:46 PM   #5
Magnum123
User

-Welcome aboard Metal_Sonic 64. You are now officially a terrainer. When you're ready, I'll send you the map (still has unfinished triggers that I need to write) for terraining. I'll try to think up of something regarding an opening cinematic although I have a good idea regarding an opening story that ties everything together. I agree about everything being cluttered up. Note to self: Never try to cram 6+ games worth of material in one battle net map again. By the way, do you have any copies of a basic Chao from that Chao map you were working on. Come to think of it, Sonic Mega Collection is where I got the idea to make this project from (especially with all of the manuals serving as good resources). During your playthroughs, did you find any major hero balance problems? (I've been working on hero spell balance for this update but I'm not sure what needs fixing yet.)
-I'm also looking for people who know cinematics well to act as advisers. (Most of this map with exception to beta testing, some of the icons, all of the skins, the bonus sounds, and all of the models, has been a solo effort.) My first question is how do I get the camera to go from the default view to the view shown in the screen shot attached to my first post during a cinematic?

Last edited by Magnum123 : 05-09-2005 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something
Old 05-09-2005, 11:25 PM   #6
Metal_Sonic64
User

Submissions (4)

Yay! First of all, you can send me the map when your ready, I'm looking at yournewest avaialable version now I believe. Anyway, my email is keenanjohnston@pei.sympatico.ca I've done a cinematic before, altough it's not been very advanced (some dialogue, a bit of camera movement, not much) But to answer your question, first of all activate cinematic mode to begin your cinematic, (make sure you have your cameras set up) then go:
Camera- Apply Camera Object (Timed) to set up your first camera. Use the camera triggers to set up more cameras, and that's pretty much all I know :P

One thing you need to fix is the fact that not all Heros can attack air units, I believe I was playing as Tails, and I encountered a flying anemy which was pretty diificult, since I had to kill him with spells.

I'l also post my Chao map here in case you want to use anything in it, it doesn't have much but it shows off my terraining skills a bit ;)
Terrain- llllllllll
Triggers-
llllllllll
Old 05-10-2005, 12:48 AM   #7
Hacken_Hacker

Old 05-10-2005, 03:22 AM   #8
Magnum123
User

I just checked out the early version of that Chao map, and I like what I see. I'd like to know who created the Chao icons so I can give that person proper credit. I like the picture provided by the last poster, but I have a question. I can't download it, so I would like to know what it is. If its a loading screen or a mini map preview, its a nice looking one.
-Here's a list of all anti air techniques used by the six regular heroes (off of the back of my head).
Sonic: Sonic Wind and Super Form (for purposes of receiving damage, Sonic is classified as an air unit although his move type is hover rather than flight.
Tails: All spells and attacks. His innate skill should be used often for it allows him to pull down flyers so characters who can't attack flyers can hurt them (part of the teamwork based gameplay). Note: Laser Missile is being reworked so that it now summons 1-5 wisp units (depends on level) that you order to explode when near a target land or air unit.
Knuckles: Thunder Arrow
Amy: Attack
Rouge: Attack and Sleep
Shadow: Attack (when you unlock his unique item), Chaos Spear, Super Form (same properties as Sonic).
The white Chaos Emerald allows the wielder to attack flyers. I really need to make it more clear in future versions that the owner of Sonic can pick a second hero to control (in addition to Sonic) if there isn't a full house. This is a back up plan in case there are less than four players. I also need to indicate in the tutorials that the party should pick Tails and Amy in every game because they're the most important partners for Sonic to have with him at all times.
-Here's a new screen shot of Shadow's Chaos Burst skill in action. This skill (based on Thuder Clap and inspired by one of his special moves in Sonic Battle) teleports Shadow to the location of a random ground enemy within 500 range of Shadow and hurts all ground enemies in the blast. This is one of the first EX skills I added to 1.05. (Inspired by Mega Man Zero 3's EX skill system.) Enjoy!

Last edited by Magnum123 : 05-10-2005 at 03:26 AM. Reason: grammer edit
Old 05-10-2005, 11:07 PM   #9
Metal_Sonic64
User

Submissions (4)

If you're willing to send me the map I'l begin terraining whatever part you want.
Terrain- llllllllll
Triggers-
llllllllll
Old 05-11-2005, 03:13 AM   #10
Magnum123
User

I have sent the map via e-mail. Notify me when you get it.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:53 PM   #11
Metal_Sonic64
User

Submissions (4)

I got it. I'm going to start to terrain now, I'l update you every time I finish an area/zone.

EDIT- Would you mind if I restarted from scratch? I understand this would be a lot of work for you copy and pasting regions and stuff, but if I have a clean slate to work with I'l be able to get more of what I'm imagining done.
Terrain- llllllllll
Triggers-
llllllllll

Last edited by Metal_Sonic64 : 05-11-2005 at 06:59 PM.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:32 PM   #12
Magnum123
User

No problem.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:36 AM   #13
Elindie

I wouldnt mind modeling for you here are some examples of my work... www.elindie.deviantart.com

e-mail me at elindie@gmail.com if i am up to your standards

Old 06-11-2005, 02:39 AM   #14
Magnum123
User

I like the models you made in your gallery. You can get started right away if you wish. Here is the first model I'd like to see.
-Model: Sonic
-Equipment: None except his trademark red shoes
-Animations:
Run: His run animation from Sonic Adventure or Sonic Adventure 2
Stand: Doesn't matter, just something that fits his personality.
Attacks: Some punch and kick animations.
Spell 1: Make one up.
Spell 2: Metamorphisis animation (linked to ultimate).
Death: Falls down to the ground and disappears (no blood).
-Other Notes: He is a hero, but a hero glow is not nessecary. The amount of polys doesn't matter as long as it looks good. If it is possible, for the skin, try to have the blue parts of his fur be the sections controlled by team color. This might make it possible to make a Sonic and Super Sonic model with only one model since I'm going to set the team color of the models to blue and yellow respectively.
Closed Thread