wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Project Recruitment
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 03:54 PM   #1
Fladian
User

Respected User

Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)

Projects in Development, that started in march 2005 became quite a success as people seem to be liking the awards. It will be about time that a new description will be right.

Projects in Development is a project started by me, Fladian, that sums up all projects in a single thread to explain what the projects that are running - and those on hold - are about. Projects that are based in the subforum of the General Development forum or the Terrain Request forum will NOT be added in this thread because it is out of my section. What happens outside the Team Gathering forum is outside my knowledge and I don't know, nor really care what happens to those projects. If it does happened to be placed there and you rather have it here, so perhaps it will be added here, you can ask it to the local moderator to move it here.
Thank you.

Popular projects, quick projects, promising projects, nearly finished projects and more of such will be added in this list. If the project DIDN'T won any award, the subject later on, and becomes hosted, it will be removed from the list with no hesitation. If it has won an award, then the project will not be removed from the list.

All projects that are in this list, are projects that have a chance of winning the 'Best Project of the Month' award. In march, the winner has been Imarion RPG. I cannot tell you how the best project is chosen since all judges (that can be found at the bottom of the page) look at the project in a different way. You can talk to them, but I don't think you'll be able to convince them. The people that are hired as the jury aren't easily convinced and have more than enough experience regarding the projects.

Let me get this straight as well. Writing descriptions, reviews and working on the awards is being done in my free time and it is not something I have to do. I started this, and can break this down whenever I want. Impatient or arrogant people that want a description the moment I add the project in it may have the chance that the project will be removed from the list, though the chances remain that it will be added again.

I don't choose projects in a certain line. If I added Fates of Arkidas before Unsung Legends (wild examples) it is not always that I will write the description of Fates of Arkidas before Unsung Legends. I just write what I feel most like writing. If the project is not very interested in my opinion, or too large, I usually delay the description since I don't know what I am going to write.

If anything in the description is false, or if you are not satisfied, contact me through whatever means you find useful except sending an email. Sending me a PM, contacting me on MSN or point it out in the Projects in Development discussion thread are all possible options. Pick whichever you want and whichever you feel is the best choice.

Thank you for your understanding.
-Fladian

Projects in Development

Fate of Arkidas

Project Leader: Arkidas
Fate of Arkidas, a project about a young man who is living for revenge, and nothing else. A highly promising campaign and the project leader with a determination as no other. One of the most promising projects around, but because of a lack of help, only little progress can be made.

A campaign about a young man named Arkidas who finds himself traveling towards the small Moontear Village because of his job of moving supplies. Knowing that the wildmen would attack in the morning, the supplies could better be delivered soon. Because of Arkidas' family who lives in the small village, a racing speed and the determination to move forward could not be pushed out of his mind. While sunken in the thoughts of his family, a loud scream of a man could be heard, as he saw a man fighting desperatly against four wildmen. Hesitation was not an option and Arkidas grabbed his sword in instance and joined the fight.
Finding out that the man's name is Kelgor and a Necromancer. After learning his name, Arkidas soon learned that the Scourge was aiding the Wildmen in their fight towards the small village.
Feeling desperate and weak as a small peasant, seeing his village being doomed, was the limit for the man. He learned about the Hunters of Chaos and their power, not much after, he learned that Kelgor was one of the older members of the Hunters of Chaos.
Is Arkidas able to become a Hunter of Chaos? Is Arkidas able to save his village? Is he able to take revenge for the intentions of the Scourge and the Wildmen? Find out by aiding Arkidas in his task of creating the Fate of Arkidas: The Birth.

The project is a RPGish campaign. While it is played as a RPG, it is a campaign that exists out of several levels. Play as Arkidas, find out if you are able to become a Hunter of Chaos, show that you are not afraid of the Scourge and the Wildmen, show bravery in battle and fight until your heart content.

Zoom (requires log in)

One of the more interesting features is that is the RPG-style Campaign, something I personally look forward to playing. Playing like the Rexxar campaign of Blizzard was a nice experience and many people tried to mimic it. Arkidas is perhaps one of the most promising projects that is very similar to it.

My opinion of the project:
Right now, this is the project I look out to the very most of all projects that are still alive here. The gameplay will be excellent and I have nothing but praise on it. Arkidas knew that he was unable to create a good story, and he got the help of friendly members that showed that the forum mood is not gone just yet. Arkidas ended up with an excellent and promising story and a project that is far from ambitious. A project that can be created without doing too much trouble but only possible with the right potential.
Fate of Arkidas is a project that people are willing to look forward to playing, but first it has to be created under the influental leadership of Arkidas himself. An eye of several of the most experienced members of the forum, a touch of the moderator of the Team Gathering forum and a praise of one of the more respected members of the forum.
I have little respect for people who are starting projects that are too ambitious and try to brag about it, but I have a lot of respect for someone who start ambitious and is very succesful. Unfortunate, Arkidas is none of those which I mentioned before. But in opposite of those I mentioned before, Arkidas has a determination like no one else who is left out here. Even though he started the project a long time ago, it is still going and alive, but Arkidas cannot do much without help. Now, watch the project with attention, and see if you want to join.

Zoom (requires log in)

At this moment, Arkidas is willing to take every bit of help that is given to him. But triggerers and cinematic makers would be the biggest priority. While the project is filled with talented and experienced members, Arkidas is still something unexperienced in general. But don't make this stop you from joining, while Arkidas is somewhat low in experience, his determination makes a lot up for it. Check the thread, I'm sure you will find it promising.
If any project has a future, then it is definitely this one!

After time passes, Fates of Arkidas is still not dead, something that is more than special than just to be expected. Usually, projects die after they don't get much attention, or when they lose critical parts of their team. Arkidas seemed to ignore both factors, and just continued to work on it. As a matter of fact, Arkidas showed enough dedication in his work to complete three levels in total! That is stunning, especially seeing as he is working mostly alone! Like I mentioned before, "If any project has a future, then it is definitely this one", and I'll keep saying it.
As Arkidas said, the work on Chapter 4 (aka. level 4) is still going nicely, and not much has been shown that he is planning of stopping on it. Fates of Arkidas is still up and running and probably one of the bigger projects that will be around after a while - I surely hope so.
Screen shots of the project can be found here while some of them are placed throughout the description.

Warcraft III: World of Warcraft

Project Leader: Beantony
An excellent leader, creating a good project, surrounded with a talented team and a more that experienced team.

World of Warcraft, what more can I say? It is the singleplayer map for World of Warcraft with no features different from WoW. There is very little to praise or criticize about the story seeing as it has nothing remarkable, but by the talented team that is available, SP WoW as I usually short is, is an excellent project that is not easily overlooked seeing as it is definitely the project that has made the most progress over the last amount of time. SP WoW is a project that is probably currently on hold since I haven't seen any recent updates, regardless, the project is still in full fire and still nice and going.
Joining the project is not really something that is in dire need anymore, but always will it be appreciated.

Unfortunately, it is not a project I am looking forward to play, partly because I never was a man who was actually waiting for the MMORPG of WoW, not to mention the SP WoW map. Although my opinion might not be too positive about it, it remains a fact that it has some nice progress and that is probably even nearing the beta-phases if it is going right.
Because of the large size of the thread, I haven't bothered to check at the moment, partly because I have been very busy... even though I have some free time now. But the size of more than 40 pages is a bit too much for me.

Personal opinion:
Without a doubt, no longer a promising project, but a project in full acceleration and is making nice progress as far as I know. I would appreciate it if any of you members of that project would contact me regarding the progress of the map.
Thank you in advance.

After hearing about the progress of the project, I learned that the demo of the project was already released and they were already preparing to release yet an other demo for the community to use. When Kalimdor (the western continent) is improved, then there could be worked some more on the Eastern Kingdoms. Logically that the project created a massive amount of more progress thanks to the instant release of ~the World of Warcraft~.

Some of the other features that are available have little- to no relationship with WoW-original and is standing on its own legs. Other hidden areas, items, more dungeons and even a little fancy surprise for the players that is not always told - but rather something to look out to. My only comment on it is: "It's wet" but for those who recently started playing that map will have little sight of it, it is specially for the somewhat higher level players.
The project is not exactly asking for anyone in particular, but if someone is willing to join up, than they could give it a try. Until recently, AgenSmith, a terrainer, signed up for the project. What is also very worth mentioning that this project is perhaps the project that is right now making the most progress of all projects around. If that is completely true, then you will definitely see this project again in the next coming thread of 'Projects in Development'.
The community and I will be looking forward to more releases of the project.

Progress about the project is decent, not bad, not overlly good, just decent. It is definitely higher than most projects that are around at the moment, but it is special to see that they are still... 'dedicated', even though the mood is getting perhaps a bit too loose, seeing as how people react to each other posts. If I did see it wrong, and the progress is good, everything is fine and everything will offer no serious problems.
The project remains a nice project, and features remain in progress, everything is still going as it has to go, with no exception at any moment at all.
Check the thread yourself to see what I mean by this, and to see how well the project is going, making nearly a difference to all other projects by taking one more step forward to leave everything in its shadow.

Warcraft III: World of Warcraft

Imarion RPG

Stoner-peon69
One of the more ambitious RPG's but most chances of finishing projects that is right now around here on the forum. Definitely worth to check it out if you like Single Player RPG's.

An open RPG that may be considered as one of the more promising projects of this forum. A talented team and they show that they are very willing to finish this project, and naturally, I wish them luck.
While the project is making nice progress and is very promising in terms of progress, it is placing all its strength in the many attractive features it had as example that Game Caches are replacing the save/load codes, which automaticly is a lot easier. But even though the Game Caches are used, the intention is to bring the Alchemy system back, only much more intense thanks to the single player mode. If that isn't something to look forward to.

A RPG project is often grabbed too high and falls quite often back into the pits it originally came from. I think that this is different and that a talented team as this will have a decent and fair chance of finishing the RPG-project.
I was told that there are 2 possible areas to venture in, Imarion and Kerrain; completely the opposite of each other seeing as Imarion is a desert with ruins of "the Forgotten Masters" that have an exciting history to listen to. While Imarion is a vast desert area, Kerrain is the opposite and mostly filled with plants, trees and the like - you guessed it, a jungle. As far as I see it, you won't happen to stay stuck on a certain part since you have no where to go, there are more than enough options to venture to, and there are more than enough quests to attend to.
And if you are bored or annoyed by doing quests all the time, feel free to take a break and work on some specific skills. Hunting, mining, smithing and enchanting that are all very useful but not a primary priority to the game but they are only few of the options given. By using these skills you might find out that you are able to create weapons that the people haven't seen in years, or do you find it more attractive to sell it off for some valuable gold?
Naturally, even the best Hunter will find a place where only a handful of creatures are to hunt on, sometimes he is in luck and will find a good area. But this all depends on the skills you are able to master over time. The higher level you are, the more chance you have on success. Definitely attractive features and like I said before, "worth to check it out".

Personal opinion about this:
My personal opinion, eh? Hmm...
Like I said, it is one of the more promising projects that is still around out here. It is not just a promising project, but JohnFN, one of the veteran-members who is like most other veterans very talented. JohnFN is showing his interest in the project and is willing to finish this project with the help of the high-potential members in the group. Like Flames, our veteran-member is sticking in an other project, JohnFN, who was once well known (now somewhat less, but still), is sticking to this, showing that the project has every reason to finish.
The project could be finished any day when they would cut off the not-necessary features, but that would make it low-quality, now wouldn't it? The project could be considered ambitious in many ways, but if you look it at one particular way, you see that it isn't as big as it looks, regardless that still a lot of hard work is supposed to stay around.

While the project isn't exactly searching for any help in particular, I am pretty confident in saying that they can use any Hero Creator, Item Creator, Triggerer and someone who is able to help with some ideas. The quicker they get the help they need, the sooner they are able to finish a project like this. What are you waiting for? Get you ass out there, right now!

Zoom (requires log in)
Zoom (requires log in)

Metroid: Search for Samus

Project Leader: Friendly Warlord
Like the name of the project says, it is a multiplayer project of the exciting Metroid game with many interesting features and a project worthy of checking it out. You won't be dissapointed.

One-man-team of Metroid: Search for Samus (or Metroid, to cut it short) is having one heck of a team, clearly making it a model example for everyone on the forum that you don't need a huge team to create a very successful project.
The project is based on an existing history of Metroid and the amount of games of that, though perhaps existing, Friendly Warlord is still able to make it very promising and exciting to play, and this proves it! The demo of the project, to show how good the skills can be of a one-man team. Prepare yourself to be looking in awe with the amazing features like the random item features or random AI's for the enemy. Jumping and crouching which very little projects could manage to do are also added in, and perfection is in handreach.
But if you think you have finished the game and want to start ona new one, I'll give you a loud scream of, "don't do it!". Friendly Warlord added 3 possible endings in the official mod of Metroid which gives it enough replay value and coming back to where you came from. You won't get bored easily of this game, and if you can play with multiple players, especially if they are friends, then you have no limit of enjoying yourself in this game. Prepare yourself to rumble.

While the story is actually placed during and after Super Metroid, it is not a must to play it and it is still very enjoyable without knowing the history. If you happen to do know the history, congratiolate yourself and enjoy it to the finest part.
The story is made knowing that the last Metroid Hatchling was captured, not to mention that it happened right in front of Samus' eyes. A horror for a sight and a mental shock to the mind. But now knowing where it can be found, traveling there is only one step, and the second will be infiltration. Entering the area of the Space Pirates themselves is not an easy task, not even for someone who can be called 'Legendary' after knowing the actions. But much is at stake and nobody wants to lose it.
Are you able to successfully infiltrate the HQ. of the Space Pirates and find the Metroid Hatchling? Or can't you find any possible way to get there? Will you have to slaughter any Space Pirate in your way, or will you make valuable use of your jumping and dodging techniques?

Personal Opinion:
Metroid: Search for Samus is a good project that is nicely under development by Friendly Warlord and is having a lot of success on his way to the top. Unfortunately for him, not many people are willing to give him a hand in his plight and there is a chance that the project could fall.
But the sudden reaction of Sorata might have revived the hope of those interested in this, the sudden amount of progress made and the entrace of the project in the Projects in Development thread is clearly giving the sign that the project is back in full acceleration and will strive to become one of the known projects once again. Support it, and it will definitely finish in a time not too far from now.
Personally, I am waiting on the projects with full expectations. The option of not able to kill the enemies like in the normal Warcraft system (just attacking) but by dodging and attacking at the same time is a feature that is surely taking my attention. The entire dodging feature does, actually. It was always something I missed originally in the Warcraft system from small 1 vs 1 (or somewhat more fights) the ability to doge an attack manual. Naturally it is impossible for multiple battles at the same time, but if you could do it for one single character, it would be something to look forward to. I don't know how Friendly Warlord is going to put this in, but however he is going to do it, he has my full support.
But the dodging feature is only a grain of salt for all I care. The AI system is something I can't wait for, knowing that a random AI is available for minibosses and bosses is surely lightning my fuses of anticipation. What kind of attack will I be expecting? Should I prepare to dodge and attack from a different area, or should I stay put in the hope that I can do just enough damage to make his attack futile to me, just thinking about it is exciting me.

Friendly Warlord is working hard and mostly alone, while any kind of help could be appreciated, modelers are the first priority right now. Knowing that modelers are hard to find, he delayed it as long as possible, but when the final areas of the project are nearly being reached, not much choice is left. The modelers must stand in line now for a project on the brink of finalizing it.
Skinners and Triggerer, which are somewhat easier found are in dire need as well, though modelers still hold a little advantage above others, a good project can never be finished without the right triggers. Though they are only needed to decrease the amount of lag and memory leaks, they are necessary as well.
In the end, modelers and animators are the jobs that are holding the crown of the first priority. If anyone could sign up for that, please do, the project will be a dire success.

In truth, I've seen very little updates throughout the time even though they won the second prize in the award by receiving two, of the three votes. But who says that if someone shows little progress is not good? Who says that invisible players in sport are bad players? No, this project is still going, and as a matter of fact, made the most stunning update of all projects around at the moment. FriendlyWarlord received the models of the project he was in dire need of. The models can mostly finish the project - now it is only to wait until the terrain is finished and the project is finally done, by a one-man team. Be impressed people of the community, this is how you take on a project! This is the example you will have to follow!

Warcraft: Unsung Legends

Project Leader: Slith
The Unsung Legends is a RPG that is being made about what happens before and after Arthas and the Lich King merged. Something that many projects tried to do, but more than 90% are as ambitious and successful as this one is. Look forward to the impressive and glorious world of the Unsung Legends.

The Unsung Legends, or UL for short, is a RPG inspired by the books of Warcraft and naturally, World of Warcraft. But though inspired by them, they are very different of World of Warcraft that they see as something that is very different of UL. They are trying to take distance of WoW as much as possible and basing it more of what they know what happen - what can only be done with supreme knowledge about warcraft - and how the books are explaining it. "The book is always better" is a quite knowing quote. But people who'll say that they are uninterested in the Warcraft history won't be dissapointed either. A huge amount of quests, many maps to explore, an addictive story line to follow and of course, some easter eggs to enjoy. They are all available, and something you cannot deny. One of the easter eggs that has been revealed is a fierce conversation between the demon lord, Kil'Jaeden and our hero, George W. Bush, something I can't wait to see.
Only a short while ago (28 - 03 - 05) was the Unsung Legends the most spoken project around. Their popularity dropped a bit when they were moved to the Team Gathering section but in answer to that, they were added in the Projects in Development. Speaking of which, my apologies for the time it took.
According to specific and trusted information, Unsung Legends will have an own story line as well, but even when that has been finished. Unsung Legends just doesn't end. The project is endless and with an average 20 quests a map, you won't finish it any day soon anyway.
WoW is something that inspired the staff of UL, but they will have as little as common as possible, or so was said. What UL and WoW do have in common is the gameplay but in a way, it is also different. Confusing, eh? "First we strive to be different from the normal wc3 map" - Darkhorde.
But now comes the people who'll say, "I'm not interested in what happened before/after Arthas' merge" my answer to that is: no fear, Unsung Legends has enough features to keep you close enough to the screen to get eye cancer... err..

Speaking about the features, it's about time I go to the next section, and go and blabber about the features, like I always do :P
Here in the features is where UL really shines. Not are they just impressive, they are also unique in most ways, and at least one of the features is one of a kind, and everyone who tried to do it before, yes, you guessed it, FAILED.
Masteries is probably the most exciting feature I know from UL, if not a different one. Masteries are hard to explain, but in the information I got, I should be able to give a decent explanation. Eventually, it'll be best to see it yourself instead of letting me sit here and go and explain it. But still, I am forced to explain them :P
Masteries are like skills and... ah, you know what? Instead of my twisted explanation, I'll let the staff of UL explain it personally:

Quote:
Perhaps the most important point is the Mastery system, which is one of a kind, i have never seen a system to match this one, it clearly exceeds the others of it's type. Basically the hero starts off with two sets of hero abilities -depending of course on the race he chose and the mastery, such as skilled melee, demonic magic, etc.-, four on each page, which he can scroll through, without reseting cooldowns, something that i have seen several systems try to do but did not, even vexorian's! When he reaches a certain level, he can go to a trainer at his capital city, and advance to the next level of the mastery, opening up another set of abilties, there are overall 4 sets of abilties, each ability will have 8 levels to it, when at max level (108) the player will still have 20 unlearned hero abilities. excluding his trade abilties. On that topic, the player can also visit a trainer and start a trade, such as gold mining or alchemy, each one will have it's own set of abilities, and much like the masteries you can advance to new levels of the trade. but all that will do will increase your profficiency at the trade, not get a new set of trade abilities, trade abilities and descriptions vary on the trade. There is also an honour, system, when you kill a unit, a series of calculations will take place and determine your honour for that kill, honour will replace wood. Since priests are often healers, there is also a system to give priests limited honour for healing. Honour can be redeemed for certain titles (e.g. warlord), very powerful weapons and items or (in furture releases) a mount. Some quests may require honour, or a title to be done, or others (e.g. doing quests for human bandits, or participating in the blackmarket), will reduce your honour, but your honour will never reach negative values. We are trying to make it so, that honour is almost as important as gold. Of course as aldready explained in future releases, there will be mounts avalible to the player in return for honour, and more extensive modes of transportation, which will be more enjoyable, for scenery. In future releases we will also make an attachment system, where at the start the hero can customize his appearance, e.g. add gloves, boots, mail, armour, weapons, staffs, shoulder pads, knee protecting thingys, helmets, voodoo masks, horns, skulls, other racial idenfitifying features etc. Each model will be look at carefully, so it is not given attachments that would look stupid with the attachments. You can also meet NPC's and hire mercenaries, to go along with you and join your party (to a max of 7 in your party and 2 NPC's), there will be a multiboard stating the health of your mercenaries, and they will also provide random chat, There will also be a simple food system, long story short, eating is optional but good, no food, you lose life, food also heals you. Of course we will also have a coold building entering system, certain important buildings can be enetered, where you may find, quests, or maybe a large shop, etc. it differs, basically you come near the building and u are transported to a section of terrain that looks like that building. When you die you are revived at the nearest spirit healer, you can then revive at the healer or choose to travel to where u died and revive yourself. We of course also use weaddar's bag system, and a fp camera, designed by a thing, adapted greatly by me.
*clap* *clap* *clap*
Now then. Now the next one...

My opinion about this:
The project is excellent, I'll give it that. I am falling in love at the point that there are so many quests to enjoy and not to mention that there are multiple non-action places as well to enjoy of, something I personally like. But the masteries is something I'll gladly be waiting on. If it is so "unique" as they said, then I am very willing to see, and experience it - and am prepared on any kind of program-crashing :P
No, but seriously, the project is truly a piece of art that could grow out as one of the greatest together with Nature's Recall if it finishes. UL's reputation and popularity ratings is no fluke, and it deserves those words. Even though it was trampled during the awards of march, it might as well win the award of 'Best Project' the next month. What the result will be, is not in my consideration, but we'll notice it.
Unsung Legends is a good project and I for one, will be waiting on it with high expecatations.
Though the project is excellent, unfortunately, the mood among the project is not very good. It is more than good for the project members them selves, but for the community, it comes over as a heavy mood that it is a stab in my heart. But even if the mood is heavier than normal for community people, they could come over as an excellent project.

The Unsung Legends has about every job secured, but as many people noticed, they are still accepting people if they are useful to the project. Right now, they are in dire need of a Terrainer that can help them out at this exact moment. The shortage of terrainers is a problem for everyone, as a matter of fact, I even mentioned that in the FAQ :P. Any Terrainer will probably get an introduction with a meal and a crown or anything similar.
Regardless, you'll never know if you don't ask :)

Now, the only popularity it needs to gain now, is the popularity among the staff of the Warcraft III Campaigns Forum, to start with the boss of the section ;)
Good luck.

Unfortunately, there is very little I can add in information to this. The project is having plenty of visible progress, but it had the same kind of progress before it. Terrainers are still necessary, and icons are now under construction. Unsung Legends remains a great project with features that are able to stun people who can see it, and who'll play it. That's what is making Unsung Legends one of the best projects Warcraft III Campaigns forum has ever seen. The moment that it is finished is nearing, and those who support Unsung legends will be looking to the future to that moment, to see something like that finally happen.
After careful reading, I learned that underwater levels would be possible as well, playing underwater, finding Naga on your path and try to uncover the secrets of forgotten places that cannot be found on the ground. Can you keep your breath? Or is this going too fast :)
Perhaps that it was placed in the centre of all attention wasn't a fluke.

Zoom (requires log in)

Fall of Teran

Project Leader: KingGigli
Under construction...

Zoom (requires log in)

A Farmer's Life

Project Leader: Metal_Sonic64
A Farmer's Life, like the name suggests, you are playing as a farmer who is supposed to keep his farm alive and running. Quite a challenge, not too much action but more focused on survival. A nice project that recently started.

A project that has no particular name. It's not a RPG, nor would it be a campaign, it is just a normal life of a farmer. Just trying to live as a normal farmer would, with all problems around like ill creatures that you will have to eat or the pay check of the people you hire. An extremely detailed project and an experienced and realistic project leader. A project that might grow up to cut the top of the now bigger projects - something to look forward to.
The project is based on a single person who will be fighting to become the 'Master Farmer' of the farm and will strive to become one. Unfortunately, because of the sudden death of your father, you are now alone to try and achieve that goal what could be hard to do, no matter how hard you try.
While knowing your goal, it is time to revive the farm from scrap. Because of the sudden death of your father, a lot of the farm has been uncared for and an amount of things and creatures died out of starvation. The crops and stocks you have now, you would die, if you'd lose those few too. A lot of paying attention will it be, until you have a good farm running around, then you may relax a little bit, but everyone knows that a farmer will never have "real rest".
Eventually, after you got the farm up and running again, it is time to expand a bit, and find more creatures to stock in your farm. Buying creatures costs money and money can only be achieved by selling things to the city where they are in need of such as well.
Now is the question, are you able to become the master farmer? Are you able to get the farm up and running again? Are you able to survive long enough to see your farm become grand? Find it all out, in the Farmer's Life!
...and don't forget to water the crops.

Zoom (requires log in)

Several features are still being discussed, but most that are in, are simple to make and won't prove to be very problematic. With the right hand of work and the eyes of a tiger, they can finish it in no time at all.
According to Metal Sonic, the idea of using mana as a life force could be a good idea. Would it run out, it could prove to give problems.
But also, the weather always plays a large role on a farm. If it wouldn't rain, ever, then your crops would die. Would it only rain, and no sun, your crops would also die. You will have to pay a lot of attention to this, to keep everything alive and try to shelter creatures if necessary. But not to mention what will happen if your food is running out.
But maybe the finest feature of them all, the eldership of creatures. They grow and mature as well, if they are too young, or too old, they will prove to be very less affective than other creatures in every possible way. If you cared well for them when they were young and they finally are mature now, then they are a god-like gift for you.
But maybe the most exciting features is that it is possible to enter buildings to store, or anything else similar to do in the houses. Doing this will give a lot of features that will be interesting to do.
Nowadays, there are more features to attend do, but I for one, would be dying to see this all in action. Playing a project like this would get my fingers itchy.

My opinion about this project:
My opinion is simple. I simply, "love it" but then again, I seem to be fond on most of Metal Sonic's actions. His projects don't have much action involved in it, something what I like the most. The less action, the more story and the more caring is my taste, even though I wonder what I'm doing on a strategy-mod forum :P
Regardless, the project is excellent in my eyes, though perhaps somewhat too big to start out with, especially since Chao Rising (his previous project) dropped down, what doesn't bring the expectations of this project up, especially not for me. But if he manages to finish this, he'll have a handful of nice features up his sleeve and quite a name for himself.
I will be keeping my full attention to this project since it might be one of the greater projects once if it goes on with good progress. If that is true, then I would be a complete supporter and if possible, I will try and provide with ideas, if necessary, but together with Unsung Legends and Fall of Teran, this project might be one of the more popular right now, partly because the idea is completely unsimilar to all projects that is around right now. Unfortunately, Chao Rising didn't have the same option to the community. Regardless, I'll stay around.

Metal Sonic has been recruiting people for a while now, but any Triggerer, Modeler and Skinner is more than welcome to join the project since they will play a crucial role in the project that will prove to be even more crucial near the end. Unexpectedly, icon makers, who are usually never asked, are also welcome to join if possible. Though skinners, modelers and icon makers are not a first priority, any of them would be appreciated for the project. They could prove to be very helpful eventually.

A Farmer's Life is making progress just like any other project. They have nothing to stumble on just yet since it is still in its early parts. But even though it is still early, the idea is good and easy to make. With an excellent leader on the top of the project, this project is something to keep your eyes on. Someday, this project will stay on the top of the forum, with a nice 'finished' button by it. This project is not seriously based on action, but it still took the interest of the people who it was directed on.

The Unsung Song

Project Leader: Fladian
The Unsung Song, a campaign started 2 years ago and still not finished. The word promising is far from it, anything higher to praise it is even less accurate, but it is probably the project that is the only one who survived a long time. Old veterans may remember the project 'Demons Return' started by Dark Dragon and Myster Mystery, The Unsung Song is the real name, and I am Dark Dragon.

Without a doubt, I will hear people screaming, "you stole Unsung Legends' name" but that is everything but true. The Unsung Song, or Demons Return how it started out with, was started 2 years ago when the upgrade wasn't made and I was nothing more than a newbie. I kept myself addicted to the same project and even when Myster Mystery left, I kept going. Right now, it is still far from finished, but the history is mostly complete, after 2 years. The story of 'If, and only if' is a fragment of the history where I am intending of introducing an amount of characters who also play a role in the Unsung Song. Not to mention that I also introduced other characters without the community really noticing it.

Zoom (requires log in)

The Unsung Song is a campaign that could be compared with a RPG that is based on a single person. Dain, as the name of the person, has been one of the most famous and most skilled swordfighters in the world, but retired on young age because of a lack of challenges. Though he had people who were far more skilled than he was above him, the gap between them was too big. Dain was far more skilled than normal knights but far less skilled than the other champions, but the big difference is that Dain is young and has a lot of potential, and he hopes to reveal it by traveling throughout the lands.
Eventually, Dain has been recruited by his previous job because he was short on gold. Even though it was against his will, he was forced to train 6 rookies. Nothing really special. Though the first level is completely an introduction level, the 6 rookies have a huge role in the story line, but so does Dain and several other characters that will appear.
Training those students to become more skilled in every art is an important factor but so is surviving the area. Don't be fooled by false promises of people that mention things to you, but do not trust the gods always either. Except for Lord Malathander, the deity of Dain, all other gods usually have a trick up their sleeve. If you can find out by talking who are the enemies of Malathander, you know which gods you can trust, and who you cannot trust. Eventually, you may decide if you betray Malathander by chosing another god to serve. All kind of options are possible.
Running away with one of the students is an option. But perhaps the most important factor of the campaign is that you are a famous person. The 6 rookies (3 male, 3 female) will look up to you, but that may change. Brian, one of the rookies doesn't trust you the slightest bit, but in opposite of Brian, Claire trusts you completely. By talking to them, what can be done always, you will learn what they like or what they would like to do. Eventually, after talking more and more to them, they may like you in specific ways. BUT the most important factor of talking is hate, love and jealousy. If you decide to ignore a certain person, their stats wouldn't increase and might even go down instead of up because they hate you. If you give all your interest to a certain person, they will be fond on you and try to impress you by training hard. But if you happen to talk with person A a lot, do remember that other people may get jealous on person A because you keep giving attention to that person and less attention to others. Would that happen, others would be annoyed.
Or do you think that talking with everyone is bothersome and are you just going to spend some time in the pub, drinking yourself until you can't even stand? We can't blame you, training people during your retirement is hard work.
Or does it sound better to visit your rookies during the evening in their own house? Or is it more exciting to help the people from the village with their daily problems? But maybe you would like to fight for the people of the village for gold. Take your chance, choose whatever you like, they will go as you like.

Zoom (requires log in)

The campaign is in total 3 levels. But in another way, it is also 10 levels. It depends on your actions. If you just go with the story line, the campaign is 3 levels and the campaign will end when the "bad guy" is defeated, since according to the storyline, there is a bad guy. Don't you go with the story line, there is a chance you will never encounter the "bad guy" and will be involved with completely other problems where other levels are made for.
Eventually, I'll force you to choose, 'will you stay in the village, perhaps making a farm of your own? Or do you want to keep traveling', it is your choice eventually.

The features are in all ways, not impressive at all, but in opposite of an amount of other projects, original. Talking with people to change other people's opinion is one of them. In the start of the campaign, you'll learn there is a thief in the pub and therefore, the doors are closed. You could just bring the first best person to the guards and say that he is the guilty one, but you could also try and talk with them to learn who is the guilty one. The drunken man of the pub probably isn't giving accurate information while the door guard may be more specific. The guilty one will definitely send you to someone else who'll look more suspecious. But who can you trust the most? The old homeless man in the corner? Or the door guard who is only interested in gold? Or perhaps the barkeeper?
Another feature is your only two skills you have available. Though you can only have 5, there are more than 20 available. But are you willing to store all your skill points up until the last level where the strongest skills are available, or do you want to be as strong as possible at the start with weaker skills later in the game? Your choice will be the end of it.

Zoom (requires log in)

My opinion of the project:
Like I said, it is my project. It is not on hold, but the progress rate is slower than a turtle and I am more fond on writing their dialoges (what is quite a lot) and the history. I take a break from time to time because it is confusing to know what will happen. If you talk with person A, person B should react suspecious, but if you talk with person B first, person A will be confused. If you happen to talk with person C instead of A or B, then both A and B will become angry at you. Doing things like that all the time is very annoying to do. It is simple to implent, but to do only that, then it can really become annoying to do.
The project isn't promising anymore. Perhaps it was 2 years ago, but it surely isn't now anymore. It is now far too old to become promising, but it is more original than an amount of projects around because of the little action that is happening in it but that most will be decided by actions of talking and dialoges.

If I could use any help, then it would be comments on If, and only if, the project itself and perhaps a heavily skilled modeler. But since both are something that I won't wait for, I'll just stay working on the project by myself, like I have been doing for the past year. If anyone is willing to open it up, so be it. Just contact me, since I don't feel like creating a thread for it.

The Unsung Song has no real progress made, like was expected. The Unsung Song is a project that is mostly on paper, and only there. I have more interest in creating it theoraticly than in maps as well. If anyone would claim otherwise, perhaps I'd go back to map making for it, but it is something I'd seriously doubt. Because of the sudden lack of time that came to me as most of a surprise, the project's paper work has been placed on a lower pace as well. If one would follow the story of 'If, and only if', what can be found in my signature, you would see what the project is completely about.

The Fisherman's Quest
Project Leader: Azhag
A four players online map that is based on fishing. Sounds uninteresting? It isn't, it has more than enough features to make your eyes one with your monitor. Like a Farmer's Life, the project is not based on action, but on a daily survival life. With a realist as a leader, the project has something in store for us.

An online map about a family that lives on an island and lives from fish, fish, and only fish. Fish for food, fish for money, fish for friends, that's the most general words about the project. My mind would automaticly come up with, 'I don't like fish', but that's me. Now, it isn't as if you would want to sell fish all that badly, but as a poor family, it is not like you have much of a choice. Ask yourself, you barely have the money to buy... eh... bread, but you can fish as no other. What would you do? The answer would be natural.
After hearing that the forces of Lordaeron is in need of food, it automaticly snapped your mind. The only way to receive money, is to fish! Even though it may sound as a stupid idea, it is perhaps the best idea available because you need the money, and they need the fish, it's as simple as that.
Can your family provide Lordaeron with enough fish, therefore, can you make a small fortune and finally leave the island? Or will you be attacked by pirates the moment you are planning of selling the fish? Or perhaps it were your so-called-allies that decided they would be better off with you?
Find out, and make yourself familiar with, 'The Fisherman's Quest'!

Zoom (requires log in)

Perhaps the project is still in its starting phases, it already showed potential in the project for the near future. Unfortunately, I don't know much about Azhag regarding leading a project, but I intend to find out, and with a quiet secret hope to learn he is just as a good leader as Metal Sonic.

This project is something typical to my liking again. Not much action, but daily survival life. Hard enough if you look at it, but it can also be very boring if you don't have the dedication in it, or are uninterested in the project. Knowing that you only start out with a house and your family, it is not really giving the best of interest. But features such as being able to make weapons to other necessarily items. Hammers as example, can be used for a variation of work, but you can also use it to hit someone, don't try it at home, but imagine how painful it would be.
Personally, I am interested to cross the seas, knowing that you always have a risk. Knowing that pirates can be everywhere, storms that are a danger to the sea, or perhaps a monster that terrorizes the seas for years. Can you avoid? Or will you die by it?
Now someone will definitely ask, "how will you win?" since it is only natural. It is an online map, and something like this, needs an ending. Now then, the only way to win, is to have the island with the most value. Everytime you buy something, your island's value will increase a little. Not much, but it will also depend on what you buy. If you buy a hammer for walls, then it will naturally give a little increase to your value, but if you buy a complete Blacksmith, that will tower the value list.
In order to catch the fish, you will have to have nets and/or a boat. Everything can be bought in a local markt that is not too far away, but do remember, on a windy day, your boat will arrive a lot faster than on a stormy night. Such features are making me knees shake, and forcing me to wait in anticipation to see how the project will go and progress.

Zoom (requires log in)

My opinion about this:
Nice. One word, 'nice'. Everyone knows that I like projects like this since I am uninterested in fighting-fighting-fighting. This project is going just like a Farmer's Life an other way, just to show how hard it actually is to even survive in the normal life. A normal life is hard enough, not even to mention something like a war. Personally, I am expecting that you are eventually able to attack other people for their... supplies. Though it will be unfair for the opponent, I would be interesting in seeing that the defender gains a huge advantage in defending, so it won't be easy, and you have more chance to lose an attack. This is a project I would be waiting for to play, or rather, just to wait until it is finished because it is something I am interested in.

"Any, and all help will be appreciated... If you give help and more, you will recieve rep, and credit on the map. I am dedicated to finish this map, this will not be a failed project.", or so said Azhag. Though the last part is something common to every project, the first part is what counts. Any kind of help would be appreciated, so just ringing a bell there would give no necessary problems. Go and ring the bell damn it!

No real progress has been made. The project started only days ago, and it is still in its gathering phases. But when it will be done with the gathering, the project can fly out to give a huge amount of progress, or the complete opposite. There is very little to say about it, we just have to wait and see.
After a moment after this was writen, I was stunned to hear that there already has been progress made. The market system is under construction- if not already finished. Am I seeing something of dedication here, or am I just still too happy and enjoying the party?

---

Right, that will be all projects I'll do right now. PM me about the progress your project will make. Or PM me if I forgot any :P
As often as I can, will I create a thread like this and a praise, or critic on the project at that moment. I will probably mention several facts of the good things of the project and why people should join it. Whichever I will do, it will always end up good.

As long as people contact me with this, ignoring how old the project is, as long as it is based in my section. Regardless, as long as you give me the progress, information and any kind of features you would like to share with the community to me, I will add it in one of these. Perhaps I'll even make a small interview to discuss your project to give it more attention to the project.

As many times as I can, and as long as I have the resources, I will create a thread like this.
If I made any mistake about the project, if I wrote anything that is not supposed to be shared, if I wrote anything that is not supposed to be there, contact me as well. If you want to request an extra section in this thread, if you want to be one of the project among them, if you want more information about your project, if you want to hold an interview, just contact me and I will try and see if I can find some free time to help you.

Sometimes people may ask why a popular project isn't added to this list. The reason for that can be quite simple. IF the project is not in the Team Gathering section, then you will be able to find it in the General Development subforum. If that is the case, then it will NOT be added to the list. You could ask Panto to move it for you though.

In exchange of this, I would like only ONE thing. Yes, you heard me, I want something in return. In exchange of this, I would like you people to read my FAQ in the Team Gathering forum.

Projects on Hold

Projects that can be found in this section of 'Projects in Development' are projects that are currently on hold because of several reasons. School, work, private problems, or anything similar can be one of the reasons.
Projects that are on hold often die, but some of them manage to come back. After no reaction has been given in a month of time, the project will be removed from the list.

Project Leader: Kaos Master
Tales of the Arena, is a RPG/Arena map for single player only. It is not an 'Arena' map for on B.net to play with others, never the less, it sounds good.

The project is about a peasant that is placed in a sort of colosium. Heavily guarded by standard guards that are interested in seeing an amusing fight between the once-called peasants. They are given weapons, fight for their lives, there is nothing to win, except survival.
It is not like they have a choice but to fight. Nowadays, guards are getting bored with seeing the peasants die in front of them. They are not giving much of a fight anymore and less spectators are coming.
Suddenly, a peasant appears that is not different from others in appearance and maybe only a little bit in personality. While one of the guards is willing to believe that the man is different than the others and will bring life back to the Arena.
Is the first expression of the Guard right? Or is he wrong, and will the peasant be slaughtered in front of his eyes?

The project is a RPG that is being played in an Arena that makes the story. Play as the peasant, find out if the guard was right about you and show that you are different from others. Can you win from your opponents? Can you win the trust from the Guards? Can you bring back the crowd of fans of the sports?

One of the features of the project is the ability to start a conversation with people in order to learn more about the arena, or anything else you would be interested in.

My opinion about the project:
The project sounds interesting to me, but has it any chance of finishing? Yes, as a matter of fact it does. KaosMaster is not very ambitious and this project could even be easily made. Give one of the more talented modders here a few days, and they could create one like this - low quality of course. As a matter of fact, I could create something like that easily as well.
Naturally, it isn't KaosMaster's intention to make a low-quality project, but to increase it to high qualities. But, KaosMaster isn't able to finish this project by his own little self, he is requesting a little help.

KaosMaster is requesting the help of any Terrainer available. He is clearly not able to finish this project without any terrainer.
Even though he is asking for a Triggerer as well, he mentioned that he is doing that as well.
People who are willing to help him with Cinematics would apparently be appreciated as well. At the moment, no one signed up for it yet.
And naturally, a Modeler is always welcome, but like everyone knows, Modelers can't be found that easily.
I would be happy to see if he got some people in his team to create the project of 'Tales of the Arena'.

Zoom (requires log in)

WoW the Final Battle

Project Leader: PlasticAngel
WoW the Final Battle started out as an over-ambitious AoS with little hope of finishing it after it was heard that the map size of the project was a huge 256 x 256 which everyone knows is very hard to make with quality. But the project is still in the Development stages, and will show progress over time.

The project will start out like the usual AoS hero picking and will attack in lanes with nothing too remarkable out there. But WoW the Final Battle is willing to avoid the standard AoS and create a complete new genre of its own, impressing all sides, and perhaps himself. Naturally, we wish him luck with it.
While in the usual AoS you will be attacked through the lanes by the standard amount and danger. While you are still forced to protect throughout the lanes, there are several multiple quests that can be taken for a small bonus that can vary through items, gold and perhaps experience. Seeing as the maximum level of the hero is 100, yes, you heard it right, 100, it won't be very easy to reach the cap.
Naturally, like is getting usual, the map that can be played on B.net has a save/load code that can save your characters experience, items and gold.
Now you will surely be asking, "why call it WoW?". Naturally, a fair question and worthy of asking. PlasticAngel, or P.A. as he shorts himself from time to time, made several elements from WoW into the project. Such as heroes, races and classes. Naturally, the battle will be between the Horde and the Alliance as well.

While the project starts out like the regular AoS, P.A. is willing to make a difference in that, and he can need at least the minimum amount of help. Creating an ambitious project with the size of 256 x 256 is not a little job. Will you be one of the heroes who will mix them selves into the classic fight of the Horde vs the Alliance? Or will you merely be a bystander, watching from the sides, hoping for a side to win? Will you kill the small bystanders, or will you make a name for yourself by destroying the Towers of the enemy? Show your strength in combat, and remember that there is only one winning side.

One of the remarkable features are that you are able to chose your own abilities to fight the war with. Pick 4 of your most favorite skills out of a selection of 12 different possibilities.

My personal opinion about this:
I am not too fond on an ambitious project like this and unfortunately, I don't see too much of a future in this project. Old veteran and soon leaving member, Flamesforzuljin, one of the more talented members of the site is surely trying to prove me wrong by joining the project as the 'Hero Maker' of the project. While I naturally hope that the project will be finished eventually, I don't think it has much chance of surviving. Creating a complete new genre is hard to do, but it will definitely attract the attention of other members.

At this very moment, KaosMaster, who also started the project, Tales of the Arena joined up at the project as the man who will do the triggers. He would be happy to help and found it an interesting project like Flames, the veteran member, joined it as well, helping with the ideas and/or heroes.
While extra triggerers could always be appreciated, the work of KaosMaster and PlasticAngel's skills can surely cover the trigger problem. But if anyone is willing to sign up, they are surely welcome to.
Naturally, a balancer is in need as well, but the problem remains that there is not much to balance at this moment. The project is still in the discussion phase and will not make too much progress for a short while.
The large map will be covered by the Terraining skills of PlasticAngel and he is surely confident of doing it alone, he is not asking for any assistence for that. Terrainers among us, while they probably may sign up, it is not a primary choice.
What does has a high priority are skinners. Without new skins, the project will have no chance at all of finishing. Any help of them would be appreciated and will get the necessary credits in the project - naturally.

Zoom (requires log in)

The Smallest Map Ever

Project Leader: Worm Skull
Everyone knows Worm Skull's reputation. A mad spammer, just like I am, only harsher in words. That doesn't say he is not an experienced modder, and he is able to prove it by creating a project that is easily seen as a joke.

Creating a map as small as 7 x 3. Impossible! Was my first reaction, but the ideas of Worm Skull are more than promising and if he is willing to become serious regarding that project it is definitely the most promising project of them all!
A small maze with maps of 7 x 3, several traps and in the end a small hero siege sound impossible. But here can the experienced members show off their skills. Joining is not something primary here, since it isn't too hard to make. Triggerers are, naturally, the most asked here, but even then I doubt it.

My personal opinion:
In my opinion it is a promising project, I just have my doubts if Worm Skull is willing to become serious in the project and will he truly finish this? It is out of my league, and I will keep my eye on what he does. If he is willing to become serious with the project, then I'll place a stick in his back and support him all the way.

Zoom (requires log in)

Project Leader: B1aD3
The Siege of Vengeance, a campaign where you play as the avatar of Undine, the goddess of Water. A campaign started by rookie-member, B1aD3 to impress us with fresh blood and new skills.

B1aD3, one of the members of wc3c who joined in the summer of 2004, is finally read after 35 posts to announce the creaton of a nice campaign called 'The Siege of Vengeance' that is right now only under construction by the help of B1aD3 and perhaps KaosMaster. Regardless, a project that is only just in its starting phase, possible to go back down to the hole it came from or to rise above all other projects and to crush the title and model of the Unsung Legends who holds the title as 'the Best' at the moment. But who says it would come that far? For all we know, the project breaks down after 2 months. Eventually, the decision of what will happen is both part of B1aD3's determination and work rate as is it the interest of the fellow-members, or the community.

The Siege of Vengeance is a campaign that is played out at a complete different Universe. The Universe of Ethern on a fantasy planet named as 'Moslun'. You will play as the avatar of a Water Goddess here and am named as 'Elliro Virken' (nah, I'll stick to my name of Fladian Lince :P) a creature with only a limited amount of power that is granted by the Undine, the Grand Goddess of Water, though the power is limited and it is unknown how you will use it, you have the orders of protecting her followers. But even though Undine, the Water Goddess is the creator of you, even she has no idea what kind of destiny is in store of you. You, as the avatar of Undine, must challenge the tyranny that has come to prevail over your lands that you worked so hard to protect. Knowing that the lands are slowly changing, and not changing for the best, you are send out, finding what is going on and to take care of it. Someone who is made my the Goddess herself will be feared if necessary.
Get ready to experience the Moslun, a land of glory and paradise but also a land that is about to be thrown into confusion, war and chaos. You are the chosen one to stop this! Master the elements and prepare to use your ancient techniques of sword style combat, to prevail in combat.

"Revenge is sweet, but Vengeance is sweeter. One that has the way of corrupting the way of the purest minds," was mentioned at the end. Now, if that isn't one heck of a story, than I'm a mule. Uh... yeah, I'll stick to that.
The project is a normal campaign that draws a lot of strength from its story, like many other projects though this one puts even more pressure on it for creating a complete new enviorment. But here is your moment of showing that you have far more potential than Lady Undine thinks you have, to show that you are able to investigate the tyranni and perhaps solve it, by whatever means are necessary.

My opinion:
Not much of an opinion about this yet. For all I know B1aD3, he could be unexperienced in these arts, but he could also be as experienced in something as RightField is in modeling or Pheon-Pheon in terraining - even though I doubt that. Basing it on the gathering text of the thread we are dealing with a relative-newer member when it comes to projects. Though of course it doesn't matter, seeing as the somewhat more unexperienced members are able to take on large projects as well, though they have somewhat less chance of success. But JohnFM and Flamesforzuljin are already proving me wrong, so heck, why not again.

The project is still in the gathering face and barely has someone who can trigger and terrain with him. But even though he has those jobs now covered, there are still all kinds of jobs possible. From skinner to modeler and from a modeler back to a voice actor. Sounds ambitious, but there's very little to say about it in these phases.

Zoom (requires log in)

Chao Rising

Project Leader: Metal Sonic64
Are you familiar with Sonic? Then you must know Chao's and their love for them. Metal Sonic decided to create a complete online RPG for them that has multiple features to not just love the Chao's, but also love Metal Sonic for creating this.

A RPG that is being played around for Chao's on B.net, very promising at the start, one of my favorite projects around at the moment, but it is slowly falling a bit down for reasons unknown to me. The Chao's can easily be done with new OR existing models, so can all other things. For awhile Chao Rising was the most promising project around, had very attractive features and had a friendly mood, unfortunately, it all fell a bit back. But Metal Sonic isn't someone who will let it drop after some people lose a bit of interest, as a matter of fact, Metal Sonic is always willing to go on, and the more help he can get, the faster this project can go back up and become once again, one of the more 'promising projects'.

The RPG is not about fighting what automaticly grabbed my attention without a doubt. The RPG is more about rising the Chao's like the title already mentions. Unfortunately, more people are waiting for a fight-fight-fight project and could care less about a 'rising' project. Naturally, it is very exciting to know that you can train the Chao in nearly every way and make it strong enough to become the strongest Chao of them all. An exciting idea if you think that they can increase in power in nearly every way, not to mention that they will have to be fed to survive. Of course, everyone can't survive with only one kind of meal everyday. You will have to learn some cooking skills, learn recipies and cook it for your Chao, you will see the effects when he ate it. Is it your intention to create the most fluffy and cute Chao around? Or does it sound more attractive to create a fang bearing Chao that is able to destroy nearly everything that crosses its path? Whichever you choose, it is your choice, your call, your decision.

My personal opinion:
An excellent project, and I am somewhat dissapointed that it fell a bit back, therefore I am hoping for people to join it, to revive it. Personally, I like the project, partly because I am not fond on a just-fighting game and would like to see many other features in it that does not involve fighting. In this case it is a good idea to see some cooking or anything similar. It's not just that, I am dying to see how a Chao will change overtime depending on how you treat it. It is exiciting to see how people will rise a Chao, will they create a Dark Chao, that is symbolic for destruction, or will they raise a Hero Chao which is the opposite of the Dark Chao. A Jewel Chao is available too, but I am not exactly sure what it is, but I am very willing to find it out by playing the game. I am also dying to see how they will change depending on what they eat. Eating too many rabbits will result in a Rabbit-looking Chao.
I must have rounded up most subject by now, but I forgot one last subject which is my personal favorite of them. The development thread has a very nice mood and it is not a thread that will dissapear and will be forgotten - if necessary, I will meddle with it myself, as the spamming-moderator :P

I have very little ideas of what kind of jobs are available right now, but I can say with confidence that every Trigger and skinner could try to sign up there, they could prove to be very useful. Any modeler would naturally be appreciated as well, but they aren't a first priority - and the project could be finished without them.

---

With a big THANK YOU directed to:

ForgottenLight

Creator of the impressive cinematic series of the Shadows of Teldrasill, that can be found here very much worth it to check it out.
Thank you for creating the great-looking 'No banner'-banner, we appreciate it.
RightField

RightField one of the most famous members out here on wc3c and the project leader of what once called, one of the best projects around.
RightField is one of the jury members who will give a definite vote on the projects.
Satanas

Satanas, one of the members who will definitely have the largest chance of becoming a moderator of the Team Gathering section would I not be around. Satanas has been inactive for a while, but is a great guy who can give the necessary advice, something that the true members would have to do.
Satanas is one of the jury members who will give a definite vote for the projects.
Decadence

Decadence, one of the most veteran-members around and has gained moderating powers once again. Decadence is experienced with many projects and is very well aware of what he can say, what he will say and what would say.
Decadence is one of the jury members who will give a definite vote for the projects.
Dorelian

Dorelian, section director of this area and far above anyone in the Team Gathering section with his intention to keep it that way. Dorelian is one of the persons who decides about the hosted projects. Any complains about this, can only be directed to me though. Dorelian is also one of the jury members.
Thank you for your confirmation and permission.
Thanks a lot guys, it couldn't have worked without you.

Thanks and remember... Sparkle~
-Fladian

Last edited by Fladian : 04-24-2005 at 03:59 PM.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-07-2005, 04:16 PM   #2
PlasticAngel
AWWWWW YEEEEEEEE

Respected User

Submissions (3)

PlasticAngel has a spectacular aura about (144)

Nice one Fladian, this will help projects and Freelancers alike.
P.A
Old 03-07-2005, 04:23 PM   #3
Mouse.Pad
User

Mouse.Pad has little to show at this moment (0)

you should list the team members too... like who is in which position, it would help freelancers to know which project to insert themselves into
Old 03-07-2005, 04:49 PM   #4
Fladian
User

Respected User

Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)

I know I should, but it was a little late to do that. I was forced to stop at 5 PM and I was still working on WoW the Final Battle during 16:30 PM, or anything near that time. But when I finish dinner, I will try and update it.

I got your PM as well, Mouse.Pad, but next time link me as well. But sorry for forgetting it, I will add it somewhat later as well. I forgot more, but I was just out of time.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:36 PM   #5
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

i feel disgarced and hurt :) lol anyways do you not think Unsung Legends is worthy of joining?
Old 03-08-2005, 06:25 AM   #6
Fladian
User

Respected User

Unsung Legends is from the General Development forum. If I would add those projects to the list too, than it will be useless. There are far too many quick-shots projects out there.

Speaking of which, I still need to add those other projects...
Old 03-08-2005, 01:27 PM   #7
KingGigli
User

KingGigli will become famous soon enough (50)KingGigli will become famous soon enough (50)

Send a message via MSN to KingGigli

A few things from our project:

We have changed the project name to Warcraft III: World Of Warcraft as you can see in my signature. We currently have a demo out that can be found in my signature also. Right now we are currently working on improving Kalimdor (Western continent) to make sure everythings ready for the second demo then we can start more work on the Eastern Kingdoms. With the current release of the reall WOW from Blizzard we have been able to take more and add it to our game.

And yes Flad there are things in our WOW that arnt included in the reall one. Such as more hidden areas. Much more dungeons we are always including rare items and of course we have just finished making a underwater map for the higher level players.

Mostly the main people on our project are Beantony: Leader and master triggerer. KingGigli: Terrainer and advisor of all things Warcraft, Draenei-Seer: Terrainer. Thoughs are the three people that originally started off in the begining and have continued to work well.

We are also hosted at www.thehubb.co.uk and do our work there also. Yes we dont need much help but we have recently accepted AgentSmith a terrainer to help us.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:30 PM   #8
Fladian
User

Respected User

Thank you for those information, I will add it in as soon as possible, but it will probably be as early as tomorrow or late tonight.

I would appreciate if it could be done through PM instead of posting it in this thread. I will close the thread after a while and create a complete new one instead. That way people will automaticly check it more often as I have experienced on a different forum. Oh yes, and I won't sticky it.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:50 PM   #9
Metal_Sonic64
User

Submissions (4)

Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)

Send a message via MSN to Metal_Sonic64

You forget Chao Raising! And Imarion RPG! Shame on you! Anyways, I think you know the details on Chao Raising, and Imarion is pretty much self explanatory.
Terrain- llllllllll
Triggers-
llllllllll
Old 03-08-2005, 09:15 PM   #10
Fladian
User

Respected User

It's not like I really forgot it. Like I mentioned before, I was out of time. I finished the last 2 that are listed in a hurry and was not even able to write the things about it I actually wanted to write about.
Seeing as I was still at work and still had some things to do, I couldn't keep my full attention while writing the thread and therefore it was to be expected I forgot multiple projects. You can't blame me for that, hey :P

Also, I was planning of writing Imarion RPG today, but something came up. I'll probably write it tomorrow :P
-Fladian
Old 03-08-2005, 10:07 PM   #11
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

what do you mean wuick shot projects? is that what you're implying UL is? anyways it started in the team gathering form
Old 03-09-2005, 06:59 AM   #12
Fladian
User

Respected User

I am referring to projects that come up and go, without even doing anything remarkable at all. The amount of people there, is also different than the peple here.

Regardless, I was not referring to Unsung Legends as a quick shot, but it remains a fact that it is NOT in my section, so I won't mention it in this thread. It may have started in the Team Gathering forum, but not in the time I was creating this thread. If you want to look it that way, than I might as well add the 'City of Woe' of 'Gummy Pornstar' as well. (A project I joined as a terrainer about 2 years ago)
Old 03-09-2005, 09:47 AM   #13
Fladian
User

Respected User

I am referring to projects that come up and go, without even doing anything remarkable at all. The amount of people there, is also different than the peple here.

Regardless, I was not referring to Unsung Legends as a quick shot, but it remains a fact that it is NOT in my section, so I won't mention it in this thread. It may have started in the Team Gathering forum, but not in the time I was creating this thread. If you want to look it that way, than I might as well add the 'City of Woe' of 'Gummy Pornstar' as well. (A project I joined as a terrainer about 2 years ago)

EDIT:Chao Rising, Imarion RPG, Warcraft III: World of Warcraft and the Stargate Mod added.

I'll be waiting for any updates, progress messages, releases or anything similar so I can create the second part of this thread after a few weeks. I'm still wondering if I should create a new thread every month or every 2 weeks. Perhaps I'll make a poll for it :P

-Fladian
Old 03-09-2005, 02:26 PM   #14
Metal_Sonic64
User

Submissions (4)

Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)Metal_Sonic64 has a spectacular aura about (96)

Send a message via MSN to Metal_Sonic64

Thanks, I'm beggining to get back on track, so worry no more!
I liked the description you gave of it, I didn't think you thought so much of my project as you do :) Thanks alot.
Terrain- llllllllll
Triggers-
llllllllll
Old 03-09-2005, 02:44 PM   #15
Arkidas
User

Submissions (1)

Arkidas is on a distinguished road (10)

Thank you so much for this Fladian! This is just what was needed. I can't explain in words how thankful I am so I just say up's for Fladian! Sincerely,
Arkidas.
Closed Thread