wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 05:54 AM   #1
Colonel Kickass

Got kind of a weird problem here...

I'm trying to get a bunch of buildings to train a specific unit every 10 seconds.

Event:
Time - Every 10 seconds of game time
Conditions:
(none)
Actions:
Unit - Order (building) to train/upgrade to a (unit)
(clone of above action with each building)

Is what I last tried, but it does nothing. The building is capable of producing the unit, the unit costs no food, gold or lumber. I tried setting the building to player red to see if an audible clue would happen - nothing. The building just sits there.

I tried changing the action to say all buildings of type on the entire map, but that didn't work. The only other action that sounds like it could work is issue build order, but that one didn't work either. Is there some special trick to getting buildings to auto-build? If it matters at all, another trigger set their rally point to a region - but that's done long before the auto-build trigger kicks in.

Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-10-2004, 06:49 AM   #2
Ryude
User

Ryude is on a distinguished road (17)

Send a message via AIM to Ryude

Why not simply create units at the location of the building?

Event:
Conditions:
(none)
Actions:
Unit - Create 1 Footman at (Position of (Select Unit) facing Default Facing degrees
Old 12-10-2004, 05:47 PM   #3
Colonel Kickass

I wanted the barracks to actually build the units, but I guess I'll just create the units and play the barracks' training animation. Still seems more than a little bit stupid that it won't just build them normally.

Old 12-10-2004, 09:13 PM   #4
ctb

Quote:
I wanted the barracks to actually build the units, but I guess I'll just create the units and play the barracks' training animation. Still seems more than a little bit stupid that it won't just build them normally.

You have probaly forgot to either give the building player enough money or to make the unit free.

Quote:
Why not simply create units at the location of the building?

Event:
Conditions:
(none)
Actions:
Unit - Create 1 Footman at (Position of (Select Unit) facing Default Facing degrees
If you really want use it make it a bit different. Else it will leak. Use this:
Code:
Unit Creation
    Events
        Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Temp_Point = (Position of Barracks 0047 <gen>)
        Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at Temp_Point facing Default building facing degrees
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation( udg_Temp_Point )

Closed Thread