wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 07:42 PM   #1
LucidSnake
User

LucidSnake has little to show at this moment (0)

Ok my map is an AOS style map and I'm having a minor bug. Whenever a hero attacks an enemy hero, and they are surrounded by enemy non-hero units, all these units stop whatever they were doing (attacking other non-hero units for example) and move to attack that hero.

It would be ideal if the units kept on attacking what they were attacking, and not stopping to attack a hero just because they attacked their allied hero.

How does one go about preventing this?
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-09-2004, 08:25 PM   #2
AIAndy
User

Respected User

AIAndy is on a distinguished road (21)

Unfortunately Warcraft has quite a lot of unit AI behaviours that cannot be easily switched off.
In your case it might help to capture all orders given to the units so you can lookup their current target. You could then catch the attack order of the hero and then for all orders immediately after that one reissue the order they had before that.
Old 12-10-2004, 04:02 PM   #3
LucidSnake
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIAndy
Unfortunately Warcraft has quite a lot of unit AI behaviours that cannot be easily switched off.
In your case it might help to capture all orders given to the units so you can lookup their current target. You could then catch the attack order of the hero and then for all orders immediately after that one reissue the order they had before that.

Granted that would work - I was looking for something a little less complicated than that though - its not necessarily a huge problem - just kind of annoying. I was wondering if it had anything to do with priorities or unit levels (like what determines what a unit attacks first given an attack move-to command). Some unit value that could be tweaked in the object editor.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:50 PM   #4
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

I had plenty of these things, I found that making every single unit have 0 in the priority field, helps
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Old 12-10-2004, 10:49 PM   #5
LucidSnake
User

Thanks I will try that.
Closed Thread