wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Tutorials > 2D Art Tutorials (Skinning)
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 03-19-2007, 07:07 AM   #1
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

Default Color blending technique illustrated

Finally I had a little time and I made this video tutorial. It shows how to use the color blending technique I demonstrated here in texturing (or "skinning" as you may know it, though that technically speaking is the wrong term for it, because it refers to something else but whatever).

This was done as using only the mouse, no tablet, as is my other tutorial, and of course without smudge.
The texture I did is kinda sucky, 'cause I didn't even knew what I was doing, but it illustrates the process fairly well I think.

As for the technical side, the movie is quicktime mov format (kiss my ass if you don't like that) and it's compressed with 7zip, so if you don't have that download it from here. It's around 46MB (the tutorial).

Download link: http://www.wc3campaigns.net/files.ph...cks.7z&stats=1

Enjoy

Last edited by TDR : 03-19-2007 at 07:08 AM.
TDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-20-2007, 07:42 PM   #2
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

7 downloads and no responses or reviews? that's encouraging.

Last edited by TDR : 03-20-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:56 AM   #3
Daminon
WWIAFTM!

Submissions (12)

Daminon will become famous soon enough (70)Daminon will become famous soon enough (70)Daminon will become famous soon enough (70)

Send a message via Yahoo to Daminon

We love it!! Finnaly it came!

Edit:
Come on aprove this tutorial damn it! Show some appreciation.

Last edited by Daminon : 03-22-2007 at 08:06 AM.
Daminon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:13 AM   #4
camel's_hump
Gone.

Project Leader: WotTH

Submissions (25)

camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)

Just wondering why this hasn't been approved already...

Oogabooga
camel's_hump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:12 PM   #5
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

and no other feedback either...
Old 04-26-2007, 06:21 PM   #6
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

BUMP? 321 downloads and no feedback??

Last edited by TDR : 04-26-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:19 PM   #7
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Project Leader: LoC

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

It's a good demonstration and will prove useful for beginner's of texturing.
Some might be disappointed of the end result, though. Even though this was just to illustrate a technique, some people might have expected a stunning result from an artist of your calibre to blow everyone away :P (still, it can't be SO overwhelming by just showing color blending, now can it :P)
Regardless! It get's the intended job done fairly well and that's the important part. Good job, sir. :)

I personally like how this tutorial (like your other) gives us, the onlooker's, a little insight in your way of work.
Always nice to see how a fellow [superior] artist does his magic with Photoshop >_<

That was gay...
Archian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:22 PM   #8
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

lol :P
yeah, the result is really shitty I did not have a plan. Maybe I'll improve it when I have the time.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:30 PM   #9
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Project Leader: LoC

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDR
lol :P
yeah, the result is really shitty I did not have a plan. Maybe I'll improve it when I have the time.
Please do, and add some sweet background music (people love that shit) lawl >_<
If there isn't enough eye-candy, the music will do the job :P

With a second thought, that might increase the file size just a little too much. People will just have to play some shite themselves...

EDIT: What the heck, with the current 46MB.. Additional 3 or 4MB wouldn't make a difference -_-'

Last edited by Archian : 04-26-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Archian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:16 AM   #10
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Tools & Tutorials Moderator

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

Approved Map: Pitzer's Minesweeper

I'm sorry for the late approval.
I'm probably the wrong person to judge art related tutorials,
so I'm always waiting for comments from other people.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:54 AM   #11
Dan van Ohllus
Negatory

Submissions (40)

Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)

Except the fudgy result, I like the tutorial very much since it has a bunch of usefulness (as many said).

+rep

I don't take requests, so don't PM or e-mail me for any.

WHY IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA TO POST YOUR FIRST MODEL/SKIN/ICON
Dan van Ohllus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:32 AM   #12
abriko
User

Submissions (22)

abriko is a jewel in the rough (159)abriko is a jewel in the rough (159)

Hum sorry but i really don't like the result, the head is weird and ugly, body need contrast.. I think you can make a try before record it.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:55 AM   #13
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

I think I confessed that it looks like shit, I don't need any more emphasize on it. I'll redo it when I'll give a damn.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:03 PM   #14
SUPa-
User

Submissions (4)

SUPa- will become famous soon enough (64)SUPa- will become famous soon enough (64)SUPa- will become famous soon enough (64)

It doesn't look too bad on the unwrap. Wrapped, eh. Not really your fault, though. I didn't understand one bit of the smoothing part >.< But that's just because I'm an idiot :-S Having the basic layer with only color, and then editing that via other layers is interesting (though probably tons of people do it xD just not me... yet) Thanks for making this. Only main issue I have with it is the video quality (it's rather pixely, hard to make some things out), I would think, but probably that's not your fault either. My apologies if this is necroing or anything >.<

Last edited by SUPa- : 01-05-2008 at 04:04 PM.
SUPa- is offline   Reply With Quote