wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 12:14 PM   #1
TheNEIL
User

TheNEIL has little to show at this moment (0)

I'm not sure if im missing something here or not, but I am tryin to give the mountain king on my map the taunt ability under normal skills, but in the game, the ability will activate and use the mana as it should, but for some reason the units do not attack this unit. Am i missing something here? why are they not attacking the taunting hero? The units are currently moving to a point, would that be a factor?

Neil
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-15-2003, 06:04 AM   #2
Otiluke
User

Otiluke has little to show at this moment (0)

I suspect it tells the units to attack a mountain giant at a point, or maybe it doesn't like the unit being non elven. It's an interesting problem and to solve just keep making the guy like a mountain giant until it works, then figure out what did it, and just keep that.
Old 09-15-2003, 11:19 AM   #3
Zwan
User

Submissions (1)

Zwan is on a distinguished road (12)

well, if your triggers are making them "move-to" then the units are probably just ignoring the Hero and proceeding to their destination.

Try dropping a clump of units for the player of the hero and a clump of units for the enemy and let them fight(with no triggers..just drop em on the map for testing), then run your hero over next to them and see if he can taunt them.