wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 12:46 PM   #1
Balthamos
User

Balthamos has little to show at this moment (4)

Ok, I'm a decent triggerer but I have no idea about animating units. So I figured it couldn't be too hard, and I tried an action

Animation - Play Unit Animation

I was clueless as to the string of the animation, but since I wanted the unit to look like it was attacking I figured it would be as easy as 'attack' this however did not work. Could anyone tell me what the animation commands are? I'm sure there's a tutorial somewhere but I couldn't find it before...

The unit is a ghoul and please note he doesn't have an actual attack, i.e. the unit has no enabled attacks, will that make a difference? Please help me, it's a noobish question but I must ask.

Essentially I want the string for their first attack animation, I read that they have 2 or 3 animations...but the strings don't seem to work. I tried 'attack1' 'attack' 'attack 1' 'attack-1' 'attack -1' 'attack- 1' 'attack - 1' etc every possible one I could think of, none of them seem to work. Anyone got any ideas?
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-15-2003, 01:01 PM   #2
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

It depends on the model, certain models have certain animations, the easiest way to use these triggers is to use the preview window, Select the unit you want to change the animation and take a look at the preview window, there you can change the current animation from stand to attack - one , and etc, When you find the animation you want to play copy the text above of the preview window to the trigger.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Closed Thread