wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > WC3C News
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 09:37 PM   #31
DraX
User

Respected User

DraX is on a distinguished road (10)

Adding to this rule set and to clarify, I think Stoned means by everything new that no models, skins, etc. that have been posted ANYWHERE or were under development for a different project can be utilized.

The timeline we're going to give is for EVERYTHING.... models, skins, maps, sound, story, etc.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-22-2003, 09:51 PM   #32
Iron_Ian
User

Respected User

Submissions (1)

Iron_Ian will become famous soon enough (51)Iron_Ian will become famous soon enough (51)

Hmm so I guess that means that I can't use any of the good models and skins I've found for public downloads on sites? Even if I've modified almost all of the skins at least slighty?

If thats the case then :(
I can't model, and my project is a solo project with a few requests for skins and stuff from some of my friends, and some beta testing.

And since the development time is 4 months :bgrun:
I definitely won't be able to participate, cause TTOA won't be done until at earliest February, and it is more likely to be released in summer 2004.
Old 08-23-2003, 12:11 AM   #33
Mephisto
User

Mephisto has little to show at this moment (0)

If you need me, I can do triggering, Cinematics, Skinning.

E-mail me ;)

ONLY IF IM NEEDED!! GOD!!!
Old 08-23-2003, 12:56 AM   #34
Feral
User

Feral is on a distinguished road (20)

Hmm...Interesting, maybe I wont be able to donate, but the money :) how many games and music CDs I can get :)
Old 08-23-2003, 01:28 AM   #35
l]arkOne
User

Submissions (1)

l]arkOne will become famous soon enough (33)l]arkOne will become famous soon enough (33)

Approved Map: Hero RPG

That what I though.

So to participate, I have to work on another new project? Forget me.:(
Old 08-23-2003, 01:33 AM   #36
Wolverine

4 months? and just by coincidence when is RotD coming out ? lol. is their a chance for others really against that campaign

Old 08-23-2003, 02:33 AM   #37
Draco
Need a Stockmarket App?

Respected User

Submissions (1)

Draco will become famous soon enough (68)Draco will become famous soon enough (68)Draco will become famous soon enough (68)

Oh crap, it's a campaign, not a map? Lol, in that case, can I put two entries into the contest?

Also, do you need a credit card to get paypal? If so, then I won't be able to give you my shiny $50 unless I send a money order to sum1...

:D
Old 08-23-2003, 02:55 AM   #38
Chapukwuk
User

Chapukwuk has little to show at this moment (0)

Its gonna be hard to get that many people to donate that money considring alot(or most) people here are 13 or under. I wish I could donate, but I'ma also to young
Old 08-23-2003, 03:47 AM   #39
DraX
User

Respected User

DraX is on a distinguished road (10)

Wolverine, no maps/campaigns currently under production are going to be eligible.

Now, I'm not involved in the planning details of this (I've been away for a while with business), just observing what Stoned said in his post.

He said mapping contest, so I'm not certain whether it's supposed to be maps or mini-campaigns, but EVERYTHING has to be new... storyline, gameplay and all... nothing that previously being worked on can be used.

This means that RotD, FMVH, tToR, and so on are all out.
Old 08-23-2003, 03:50 AM   #40
Draco
Need a Stockmarket App?

Respected User

Submissions (1)

Draco will become famous soon enough (68)Draco will become famous soon enough (68)Draco will become famous soon enough (68)

Well, it says community campaign contest, so yah, I guess it is. I already have my idea too! :D
Old 08-23-2003, 04:49 AM   #41
ceb5503
User

ceb5503 has little to show at this moment (0)

If it's just a single map, then cool. However, if it requires new models or skins, then that means no using the preset ones installed with the game already. That can be bad. I'm thinking, however, that the purpose of this is to try and get teams of people to complete a project in the time allowed and not just one person. If what I've read so far on the rules is true. However, until then, it's hard to say.
Old 08-23-2003, 05:32 AM   #42
Zwan
User

Submissions (1)

Zwan is on a distinguished road (12)

Erm.. new models might be stretching things a bit. I assume edits wont count.
Old 08-23-2003, 06:10 AM   #43
StonedStoopid
User

Respected User

StonedStoopid has little to show at this moment (4)

Edits can count. Also you can add alot of static models that are just doodads, no animations, its not hard. Also this is ment to be worked on in teams, so im sure the top 3 places will have a modler on board. Competition spurs inovation right? So whos to say someone cant animate a model fully, most of the required info and tools are our there and I can think of a few individuals who could do it (might try to get on their teams :P ). But honestly, even if someone does submit a campaign with lots of models but their story is sorely lacking there is a good chance they will not win. We will be scoring in many catagories. Anyway stay tuned for those rules :)
Old 08-23-2003, 06:24 AM   #44
Draco
Need a Stockmarket App?

Respected User

Submissions (1)

I applied for Paypal and a Capital One credit card. Being 18 is great! Maybe I will get you that $50 soon after all... :D
Old 08-23-2003, 06:45 AM   #45
LrdSlothPaladin
User

LrdSlothPaladin has little to show at this moment (0)

can we do this yearly or bie yearly? I dont think we need prizes that big and there could be an option if the judges dont think the maps submited are good enuf just dont give anyone the prize and save it for something else, just a thought, I dont think I will enter but I may give $5 when I get a credit card (which should be very soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco
Being 18 is great!
Closed Thread