wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Warcraft Editing Tools
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 07:13 AM   #1
MasterSlowPoke
User

MasterSlowPoke is on a distinguished road (20)

Tired of the "Failed to Initialize Properly" message when starting up YobGuls? Well, I've written a tutorial on how to make this work. You can find it HERE

1) Download YobGul's from Warcraft III Campaigns
2) Extract it to a YobGuls folder in your main Warcraft III folder.
3) Open up an MPQ Extractor, and load war3.mpq
4) Find the following files: Game.dll, ij15.dll, mss32.dll and Storm.dll. Extract them to your YobGuls folder.
5) When you want to use YobGul's Warcraft III File Converter, double click on the War3Converter.exe file.
6) OPTIONAL: Right click on war3fileconverter.exe and click on Create Shortcut. Put this shortcut wherever you keep your other tools for easy use.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-18-2003, 08:24 AM   #2
Death-Comes
User

Death-Comes has little to show at this moment (0)

hail master slow poke savior of all modelers!
Old 07-18-2003, 01:25 PM   #3
abriko
User

Submissions (22)

abriko is a jewel in the rough (159)abriko is a jewel in the rough (159)

And have a solution for error message after yogbul converter close ?
Old 07-18-2003, 01:53 PM   #4
MasterSlowPoke
User

Uh, get windows 98. That error's because of a conflict with windows XP, and I don't think there's anything you can do. I really can't find a problem with a program that terminates when you want to close it anyway. :p
Old 07-18-2003, 06:43 PM   #5
Starcraftfreak
PR & UMSWE Developer

Respected User

Starcraftfreak will become famous soon enough (66)Starcraftfreak will become famous soon enough (66)Starcraftfreak will become famous soon enough (66)

Send a message via ICQ to Starcraftfreak Send a message via AIM to Starcraftfreak Send a message via MSN to Starcraftfreak

Would it be a problem for you to post the entire guide into thsi thread (edit the 1st post please). Additionally you should change the thread title to "Get Yobguls File Converter working!".
Old 07-19-2003, 05:18 PM   #6
MasterSlowPoke
User

I won't be able to put the purdy pictures in, then. :p

And you can't change the title.
Old 07-19-2003, 08:26 PM   #7
Starcraftfreak
PR & UMSWE Developer

Respected User

Starcraftfreak will become famous soon enough (66)Starcraftfreak will become famous soon enough (66)Starcraftfreak will become famous soon enough (66)

Send a message via ICQ to Starcraftfreak Send a message via AIM to Starcraftfreak Send a message via MSN to Starcraftfreak

Ever heard something of thread options? (where you can sticky a thread as a mod, you can select "Edit Thread". There you can modify the thread title, the thread icon,...

I did it!

Edited because: I created an installer for the Warcraft III File Converter, that will solve all problems. I programmed a little tool, that grabs the installpath of Warcraft III from the Registry and creates a MPQ2k script to unpack it. Then it runs MPQ2k to execute the script. Afterwards the File Converter is properly installed.
Old 07-20-2003, 08:55 PM   #8
Starcraftfreak
PR & UMSWE Developer

Respected User

I want that some people test that tool. Tell me if it works (it works for me). If it works, I will put it on the front page of the File Converter thread.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:55 AM   #9
MasterSlowPoke
User

Thank you for making me obsolete. It works perfectly. Only reason why this wouldn't work is if the registry is wrong for some reason, but who cares about those people? Probably a warez version anyway.

Good jorb. Can I put this on my new site?
Old 07-21-2003, 07:23 PM   #10
Starcraftfreak
PR & UMSWE Developer

Respected User

If you want to.
I will include it into the first port of the File Converter thread. I will replace the old download with this.
Closed Thread