wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 04:27 PM   #1
Silenkiller
User

Silenkiller has little to show at this moment (0)

Ok, after my nuke defense is completed, i'm planning on starting a rpg with the new editor. It will be Super Mario RPG Legend of the 7 Stars. If you dont know what that is, its the best rpg game for SNES and possiblly all games ;P

Anyhow, I need some ideas for what type of stuff to do for their unique skills. i.e. marios jumping.

Also, I need some ideas on whether this should be multiplayer or one player only. If its multiplayer, then the game starts off with all the characters already.. kinda weird. If its single player, then you it would work just like the game..

Oh, and what type of battle system should be used? I'd have to figure out a way so you could pick through different menus to use different items and different skills.

Soooo, any ideas/tips are appreciated on anything from skills to game interaction.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-12-2003, 07:13 PM   #2
Illidan_Reborn
User

Illidan_Reborn has little to show at this moment (0)

I havent played that game in a LOOOOONG time, so i forgot most of it. but for the battle system, make it all item based.
for each character, have 3 little pits with a "Item User" in each of them. 1 pit would be spells, if u picked up a spell it would use it (the characters would be un controllale during battle) 1 would be items, same as spells, and one would be type of attack (u pick up the "Jump attack" item and ur character would run over and jump on the enemy lol) ect. it should be multi player, but the characters should start out seperate then come together at different parts in the game. BTW, dont give up on the game, i cant wait to play it =)
Old 07-12-2003, 07:33 PM   #3
theJ89
User

Submissions (1)

theJ89 has little to show at this moment (7)

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!
The best RPG for SNES was developed by squaresoft. It's called Chrono Trigger, and Super Mario RPG doesn't even compare. If you haven't heard of it, go to slackers or some aincent video game store and buy it, it's well worth your money....

But back to Super Mario RPG map...

Make Turn Based Combat! Almost every RPG i have played (mainly those from Squaresoft's Final Fantasy and other nintendo RPGs) involves some form of TBC. And instead of battling in the same square no matter where you are, make a battle square for each location on your map (cave battle area for caves, field battle area for fields, ect)

ahem... and also, Toad should be your main quest giver. Ask someone in the modelling forum to make a mushroom hat and someone in the skinning forum to skin the child (one with blue clothes) into toad. Use sorceress for princess, villager for mario, one headed orge for mallow, (not sure what for geno), lizard creep for bowser, ect. If i skipped any, please tell me.
Old 07-12-2003, 08:50 PM   #4
proudclod
User

proudclod is on a distinguished road (10)

omg PLZ tell me i can help! I BEG U I CAN DO MODELS AND SKINS PLZ!!!!!! im also a good terrainer and an ok trigger...i can make a tbs for u in no time....if u want 1 by tommorow i can make 1 really fast...PLUS i can make jumping thru triggering just plz tell me if i can help PLZ!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2003, 09:03 PM   #5
Silenkiller
User

Quote:
I havent played that game in a LOOOOONG time, so i forgot most of it. but for the battle system, make it all item based.
for each character, have 3 little pits with a "Item User" in each of them. 1 pit would be spells, if u picked up a spell it would use it (the characters would be un controllale during battle) 1 would be items, same as spells, and one would be type of attack (u pick up the "Jump attack" item and ur character would run over and jump on the enemy lol) ect. it should be multi player, but the characters should start out seperate then come together at different parts in the game. BTW, dont give up on the game, i cant wait to play it =)

Hmm.. nice idea.. but it sounds a bit sloppy.. no offense. Maby if we have dialogs that come up and triggers than take away/remove items?

Quote:
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!
The best RPG for SNES was developed by squaresoft. It's called Chrono Trigger, and Super Mario RPG doesn't even compare. If you haven't heard of it, go to slackers or some aincent video game store and buy it, it's well worth your money....

But back to Super Mario RPG map...

Make Turn Based Combat! Almost every RPG i have played (mainly those from Squaresoft's Final Fantasy and other nintendo RPGs) involves some form of TBC. And instead of battling in the same square no matter where you are, make a battle square for each location on your map (cave battle area for caves, field battle area for fields, ect)

ahem... and also, Toad should be your main quest giver. Ask someone in the modelling forum to make a mushroom hat and someone in the skinning forum to skin the child (one with blue clothes) into toad. Use sorceress for princess, villager for mario, one headed orge for mallow, (not sure what for geno), lizard creep for bowser, ect. If i skipped any, please tell me.

lol, chill.. didnt u notice the ;P next to my comment? heh

Yes, very good idea.. toad did kinda supply the quests ect in there. Custom skins would be nice.. I wonder if it would be possible to make entire custom skins for all the chars.. hmm

Quote:
mg PLZ tell me i can help! I BEG U I CAN DO MODELS AND SKINS PLZ!!!!!! im also a good terrainer and an ok trigger...i can make a tbs for u in no time....if u want 1 by tommorow i can make 1 really fast...PLUS i can make jumping thru triggering just plz tell me if i can help PLZ!!!!!!!!

Very nice man! Make a few demo things if you want and put em in a map. Send it over to me and i'll check it out :ggani:

email: jimmye@zoominternet.net
AIM: Jim Palanza
Old 07-12-2003, 09:16 PM   #6
proudclod
User

proudclod is on a distinguished road (10)

k thx i will b working very hard to get u something by the most monday...
Old 07-13-2003, 12:56 AM   #7
Sephiex
User

Sephiex has little to show at this moment (0)

lol neither chrono trigger nor super mario RPG are the best games. I don't get whats so good about chrono trigger... of course, then its just a personal preference..
Old 07-13-2003, 01:35 AM   #8
Jitb
User

Jitb has little to show at this moment (0)

1. If its single player, be able to switch your party at any time :D
2. Turn Based Combat definetly, if a hero dies in battle they get ressurected with 1 HP after.
3. When using Special Moves or Attacks you have to time it right to get the most power out of them, not sure how you'll do this.
Old 07-13-2003, 01:45 AM   #9
Silenkiller
User

Quote:
Originally posted by Jitb
3. When using Special Moves or Attacks you have to time it right to get the most power out of them, not sure how you'll do this. [/b]

Hmm.. thats a really good idea.. dunno how i could pull it off though..
Closed Thread