wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Cinematics
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 06:12 PM   #1
DEMANUFACTURE
User

DEMANUFACTURE has little to show at this moment (0)

Thats what we need....people who start from scratch and make the best possible cinematic they can make from to the terrain/skins/basicly everything for themselves...i just didnt like how in the deamonkiller cinematic contest everyting was supplied for u except the cinematic...i think some1 should set up a all time best of the best cinematic maker conest...imagine the work that would be sent into this...THIS IS JUST A IDEA-I really dont know what i am talking about but it could be cool
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-03-2003, 06:22 PM   #2
Nuladion
User

Nuladion is on a distinguished road (10)

well, you don't need a contest for this!
A contest would havea deadline, and rules you'd have to follow!

You can better just make it in your own time, following your own rules!
Just post it here and if it's good enough it will be just as well-known to everyone as the winner of the cin contest!

you can't 'make' the best-cin-of-all-time! Yuo just make a cin and then people decide whether they think it's good or not! You can't go into WE and make it!

-- Nuladion --
Old 04-03-2003, 06:30 PM   #3
ChickenFight

True, if (IF) everybody hated cotn, it wouldn't be considered the best cinematic of all time

Old 04-03-2003, 06:37 PM   #4
Insaniteus
User

Respected User

Insaniteus is on a distinguished road (11)

We've got enough contests lol. The reason that Daemonkiller supplied everything but the cinematics is painfully obvious: It was a CINEMATICS contest. Terraining was not supposed to even be a factor of the judging, so everyone got the same map.

-Insaniteus-
Old 04-04-2003, 12:04 AM   #5
DaemonKillar
User

Respected User

Submissions (1)

DaemonKillar has a spectacular aura about (77)DaemonKillar has a spectacular aura about (77)DaemonKillar has a spectacular aura about (77)

Yes, when the current cinematic contest is over, there'll be a new one it will work differently. You will not be given a terrain but something else, like a character and something about his past or whatever...
Old 04-04-2003, 01:45 AM   #6
DEMANUFACTURE
User

Thats cool...i am not saying that your contests are bad....I just think it would be cool to have a contest where u design everything yourself....i also agree with Nuladion that people can do this on their own time for fun, but however that defies the word contest in which i mean to compete...Competition brings out the best in all people...I just thought that it might cool to have a contest to that nature...

Insaniteus--I realize that deamonkiller's contest was a "CINEMATICS" contest.... Do u or do u not agree that the setting is what makes a story come to life...i believe that CINEMATICS should be judged by their entertainment value and when a story is brought to life by its setting/TERRAIN your dam right i beleive that Terrain should be apart of the judging process.

--I dont mean to dis deamonkiller's "CINEMATIC" contest, its cool in some aspects, i just think that letting people design everything for themselves would really make things more intresting and would also produce great material
Old 04-04-2003, 02:25 AM   #7
Ceo

but then I'd have to do the terrain and I couldn't focus on the storyline emote_confused I just think this will give people a chance to make a cinematic without having to worry about terrain, which will spawn better cinematics as long as they go along with the island terrain...

Old 04-04-2003, 04:06 AM   #8
DEMANUFACTURE
User

Its clear that i have a totally different veiw of making cinematics, but thats ok...i think i am entitled to that8)

Is there any1 out there who agrees with me or am i alone..lol
Old 04-04-2003, 06:32 AM   #9
Nuladion
User

Nuladion is on a distinguished road (10)

Quote:
Originally posted by DEMANUFACTURE
Its clear that i have a totally different veiw of making cinematics, but thats ok...i think i am entitled to that8)

Is there any1 out there who agrees with me or am i alone..lol

I agree with you! On some points that is.
I think I to had rather done the terrain myself, so it would fit better with everything I had in mind for my story. But terrain isnt the point of this contest.
And for this time, I odnt mind! Cause I'm not that good on terrain 8)

I hope in the future we'll ave a contest where you can do whatever you want! Or something like DK said (you get a character or story or even cutom music(!) to work with).

-- Nuladion --
Closed Thread