wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-21-2014, 11:06 PM   #1
andreasaspenberg
User

andreasaspenberg is on a distinguished road (12)

Default how can i create a unit production system based on resurrecting the dead

i have been playing around with many ideas but i am strugling with finding the right idea. there is 3 factions that will use this kind of system. they are called unliving, undead(different from the scourge) and dead. the unliving resurrects corpses without changing unit type.(peasant resurrected as peasant, footman resurrected as footman.) the undead creates units from corpses. the dead`s units simply spawn from the graveyard. each unit type requires a certain building or technology. please help me create this system well.
andreasaspenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-22-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (902)Anitarf has a brilliant future (902)Anitarf has a brilliant future (902)Anitarf has a brilliant future (902)Anitarf has a brilliant future (902)Anitarf has a brilliant future (902)Anitarf has a brilliant future (902)Anitarf has a brilliant future (902)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Unliving - Palladin's Ressurection spell.
Undead - Necromancer's Raise Dead spell.
Dead - normal unit training system.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:21 PM   #3
andreasaspenberg
User

the raise dead spell`s base order ID can not be changed so i can not use one per unit created as i want. as corpses are neutral passive by default, the paladin spell will not make them player owned. the death knight`s animate dead works better as it changes owner and then i can switch the unit with another of the same type that have a timer that enables its abilities to be used. i mostly have the unliving under control but i am struggling with the others. for the dead the graveyard spawns corpses that is then supposed to change into units. the main problem is to specify the owner. can you help me find a solution?
Old 12-24-2014, 06:06 PM   #4
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (181)Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (181)Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (181)

Send a message via MSN to Fledermaus

How many different raise dead spells do you need on one unit?
Pretty sure I remember already giving you a list of all the different ones you can use.

You could change the owner of the corpses for resurrection

Last edited by Fledermaus : 12-24-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 09:25 AM   #5
Ant
User

Submissions (1)

Ant will become famous soon enough (28)

The default Undead Graveyard spawns corpses. Add Undead - Necromancer's Raise Dead (to the graveyard, probably), but modify the unit summoned to whatever you wish.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:07 AM   #6
andreasaspenberg
User

as i want multiple units created from the same building and the raise dead spell`s base order ID can not be changed i need a different solution.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:13 PM   #7
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (902)Anitarf has a brilliant future (902)Anitarf has a brilliant future (902)Anitarf has a brilliant future (902)Anitarf has a brilliant future (902)Anitarf has a brilliant future (902)Anitarf has a brilliant future (902)Anitarf has a brilliant future (902)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

How many is "multiple"? It might be possible to find enough different spells that target corpses for your needs. At the moment, I can think of Crypt Lord's Carrion Beetles spell.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:36 PM   #8
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (181)Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (181)Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (181)

Send a message via MSN to Fledermaus

Avatar of Vengeance has one too, and rod of necromancy (item ability)
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:15 PM   #9
andreasaspenberg
User

most units need to be created through that system but one possibility at least with the dead is to use triggers to replace the corpses right away but as the corpses are neutral i need some way to find the owner of the nearby graveyard. the undead however uses a unit to resurrect corpses as specific units. i tried to use use charge gold and lumber or something with spellbook but the problem was that my triggers were too random in their removal of corpses. please help.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:50 AM
Fledermaus
This message has been deleted by Fledermaus.