wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-17-2014, 12:30 PM   #1
andreasaspenberg
User

andreasaspenberg has little to show at this moment (4)

Default how can i transform 1 hero into another hero

what i mean is transform one hero with weak stats into another with strong stats. how can i do that?
andreasaspenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-17-2014, 04:13 PM   #2
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

you can play with abilities based on Belt of Giant Strength +6 (strength), Boots of Quel'Thalas +6 (agility) and Mantle of Intelligence +3 (intelligence). You can set the new abilities with multiple levels and trigger the ability level according to your needs.

http://classic.battle.net/war3/basic...ermanent.shtml
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:25 AM   #3
andreasaspenberg
User

that isnt what i am after. those just add a static change. what i want is for the hero to gain increased stats on level up after being transformed. i already know that that requires 2 units and that i already have but the transformation is what i have trouble with. please help me out.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:19 PM   #4
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Sounds like what you need is the Chaos transform ability. Simply add it to the Hero with a trigger when you want to morph him. Check out the campaign unit Grom to see how the ability is set up.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #5
andreasaspenberg
User

chaos was the first thing i tried but the hero keeps its original hero stats when transformed that way. that is the problem. adding it with a trigger isnt as requirement though as the unit can just have it and then it activates when the correct requirement is present. i also tried the grom ability but as his hero stats doesnt change between forms i guess that blizzard just didnt add that possibility to the ability. i am willing to try other ideas if you have any however.
Old 09-20-2014, 02:02 PM   #6
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

Would it be feasible to have a dummy hero and level him up in tandem with the original hero, and then replace the original hero with the dummy hero when required?

~Gladiator, Sacred
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 04:42 PM   #7
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

If the stats are the only problem of the chaos morph, you can just increase them separately with the "Hero - Modify Hero Attribute" action.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:10 PM   #8
andreasaspenberg
User

i suppose it possible to use triggers to change stats so lets have that as a last resort. i still want a better solution that doesnt require triggering.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:45 PM   #9
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Okay, under what conditions do you want the hero to transform in the first place? If it's a spell, you could just use Metamorphosis or Chemical Rage.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:36 AM   #10
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

Fledermaus has a spectacular aura about (148)

Send a message via MSN to Fledermaus

His problem seems to be that when you do morph a hero to another hero, it keeps the first heroes base stat and stats per level values. As far as I know, you can't change those values so as Ani said, use "Hero - Modify Hero Attribute".

Last edited by Fledermaus : 09-21-2014 at 03:37 AM.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:29 AM   #11
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Ah, I see, the "stats per level" are also copied over, not just the current stats of the hero.

You could try replacing the hero instead of morphing it, the "replace unit" action carries over all items and experience, but not the skills so depending on your setup that might be more work than just updating the stats with triggers whenever the hero levels up.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:14 AM   #12
andreasaspenberg
User

replace unit removes the items so then i would need to drop them first.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:40 PM   #13
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

You could probably add the items to the dummy hero as your 'real' hero gains them. Or is that impossible to do in Warcraft III? Essentially switching positions with a disabled\hidden unit.

~Gladiator, Sacred

Last edited by deolrin : 09-21-2014 at 01:41 PM.
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:06 PM   #14
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Replace unit does not remove items.

Expand JASS:
Old 09-21-2014, 08:12 PM   #15
andreasaspenberg
User

it certainly do remove the items as the items dont transfer but, you should have remembered this as you helped me on another project where i had that issue.