wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2014, 08:26 PM   #1
JCarrill0
User

JCarrill0 has little to show at this moment (0)

Default Advanced Gold Harvesting

I wish to know, if there is a way to Increase the amount of gold workers can harvest just for simply having a Tier 2 Hall, and then again for a Tier 3 Hall?

This would be upgraded automatically, and then if destroyed, they would loose this upgrade.
I guess I would have to use an aura from the t2 hall, t3 hall?

In a nut shell, workers Harvest gold by:
  • Tier 1 Hall - 10 Gold
  • Tier 2 Hall - 15 Gold
  • Tier 3 Hall - 20 Gold

If I expand it would start off with a tier 1 hall, thus only getting +10 Gold rate, while my main base would gather at +15/+20 depending on the correct Tier Hall, so this would not be a one time perm upgrade. This upgrade could be taken away as well.

I been trying to figure this all day and I am starting to wonder if this is even possible.

Last edited by JCarrill0 : 04-26-2014 at 08:33 PM.
JCarrill0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-27-2014, 08:21 AM   #2
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

Perhaps you could have three versions of the harvest ability on the worker, each one with a different hall tier unit type as its requirement?

Might have to work on cleaning out the interface clutter from that, I guess.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:12 AM   #3
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

I don't think this can be done, especially not locally, like, peasants returning gold to a tier 1 hall bringing in 10 gold while at the same time peasants from a different mine returning gold to a tier 2 hall bringing in 15 gold. For global effects, there is a lumber harvesting upgrade, maybe it can be made to work for gold as well, but upgrades can not be unlearned so that is out of the question to begin with.

A thought that occurs is that maybe something could be done with orders, like when a peasant is ordered to mine it is put into a group and a periodic trigger starts checking his current order, once that order goes from "return cargo" to "mine" again it means that the peasant returned the gold and bonus gold can be given to the player by the trigger, however the gold floating texts will still be "+10" and there are potential abuses that you'd need to catch, for example players ordering a peasant with gold to go harvest lumber and then ordering them again to return cargo, this way the orders would change the same as if the peasant returned the gold, only it could be done a lot faster.

Edit: Rao's idea sounds more promising.

Last edited by Anitarf : 04-27-2014 at 11:13 AM.
Anitarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:50 PM   #4
JCarrill0
User

JCarrill0 has little to show at this moment (0)

I'm try to come up with something more down to earth rather then fooling the mechanics to rigg it to work.
Something like
Trigger:
Human Keep
Collapse Events
Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
Collapse Conditions
(Current research level of Improved Gold Harvesting (Keep) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Less than 2
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Keep
Collapse Actions
Player - Set the current research level of Improved Gold Harvesting (Keep) to 1 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
Trigger:
Dest Human Castle
Collapse Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Collapse Conditions
Collapse Or - Any (Conditions) are true
Collapse Conditions
(Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Castle
(Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Keep
Collapse Actions
Collapse If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
Collapse If - Conditions
(Number of living Castle units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
Collapse Then - Actions
Collapse If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
Collapse If - Conditions
(Number of living Keep units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
Collapse Then - Actions
Player - Set the current research level of Improved Gold Harvesting (Keep) to 0 for (Owner of (Dying unit))
Collapse Else - Actions
Player - Set the current research level of Improved Gold Harvesting (Keep) to 1 for (Owner of (Dying unit))
Collapse Else - Actions
Player - Set the current research level of Improved Gold Harvesting (Keep) to 2 for (Owner of (Dying unit))
What I am looking for is going to take an aura buff from the town halls themselves. Unfortunately I don't think this can be done. So far no one has been able to make it happen.
Basically, a "town Hall/tree of life" would give no aura buff. a Keep/Stronghold" would give off a +5 extra gold Mining aura, and a "Castle/Fortress" would give off +10 extra gold Mining aura.
This is because when the person would expand, his expansion would not be getting the +5 or +10 because they do not have a Keep/Stronghold or Castle/Fortress at THAT specific location.

Last edited by JCarrill0 : 04-27-2014 at 04:57 PM.
JCarrill0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:29 AM   #5
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Unfortunately, you can not unlearn upgrades, so what you are trying to do right now can't work. Even if it could, it would be a global effect so it wouldn't work like you want it to with expansions still only giving 10 gold.

The aura approach might be doable but you'd need to trigger the whole thing. The way I'd do it would be to use Rao's approach with multiple harvest abilities and then swap them out when peasants are in range of a keep/castle. This might still cause issues if peasants go to a distant gold mine, since replacing the ability mid-way might interrupt their order. Maybe we could avoid that by using a single multi-level ability instead of multiple abilities.

Last edited by Anitarf : 04-28-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Anitarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:49 PM   #6
andreasaspenberg
User

andreasaspenberg has little to show at this moment (4)

you could possibly use multiple workers with chaos switching them. keep changes then to level 2, castle changes then to level 3 and town hall changes them to level 1. another possibility you could try is to give the ability 3 levels and use triggers to change the levels.
andreasaspenberg is offline   Reply With Quote