wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map Testing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)

Default (4)vsUndead - Dungeon

This is a game for both singleplayer and bnet.

A dungeon game for 1-4 people. Tons of undead to kill inside 8 dungeons.
First 6 dungeons are finished and fully playable.

Game is open-source.

This is a next generation X Hero Siege, a game so lame that everybody will play it.

There are 3 heroes at the moment.
All items are finished.
All game mechanics is finished.

Changelog:

============
2012-01-24
============
* Replaced Frost Archer hero with Frost Mage

============
2012-01-06
============
* Finished dungeon 6 - Nerubian King and his Queens
* new item: scroll of time
* new item: scroll of light
* new item: tome of armor

============
2011-12-07
============
* Finished dungeon 5 - Butcher and his Abominations
* Added Show Ally Icons library (shared hero icons)
* Bosses now drop 2 scrolls and 1 tome
* Tome buffs can no longer be dispelled, all tomes now share cooldown
* Potions now restore a percent of health/mana
* You can no longer go into unfinished dungeons
* Undeads now face in proper directions when spawning from circles

============
2011-12-02
============
* Finished dungeon 3 - Necromancer and his Heretics
* Finished dungeon 4 - Dreadlord and his Slaves
* Dispel scroll can no longer be purchased, but it can still be randomly dropped.
* Paladin: Holy light now deals half-damage of heal (in area)
* Frost Archer: Freez now lasts longer on champions but does not work on heroes any more.

============
2011-11-29
============
* Done some global balancing using ObjectMerger scripts
* Champion and Boss units are now classified as "Big"
* Boss units are classified as "Ancients"
* Revorked AI engine
* Reworked Items
* Reworked Spawning to better adjust to number of players
* Added MapInfo (F9)

Create a Hero for this game
Attached Files
File Type: w3x (4)vsUndead 2012-01-24.w3x (319.7 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by cohadar : 01-24-2012 at 08:48 PM.
cohadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-28-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)

2011-11-28, see changelog.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

The first level was easy to solo because I could just stay out of attack range with my archer, the second level I just died since the enemies were ranged. This was on easy btw. I'm not sure how even four players could handle that.

The skeletal mage kept getting a floating text saying "raise raise" but he did nothing of the sorts. He was stunned the first time the floating text appeared, though, maybe that broke something.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

Thanks for testing Anitarf.
2011-11-29, see changelog.

First two levels are now complete and balanced!
(I personally defeated first 2 bosses with each hero in Normal Mode.)
Old 12-01-2011, 06:28 AM   #5
Nuclear Arbitor
Reputation Leech

Submissions (1)

Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)

lol, most games are beatable by the creator; all it tells you is that it's possible.
Nuclear Arbitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #6
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

I noticed some minor tooltip issues. Some tooltips use your custom style once learned while still using the default wc3 style for their learn tooltips. You should also replace "it's" with "its" in the archer's ulti and the armour bonus of her second ability should probably not be measured in seconds. It is also unclear what the damage is of the paladin's first ability, I assume it's the same as the heal amount but that is not stated.

I intend to post a hero design for you in the other thread, I just need to find the time and inspiration.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #7
Shade987
User

Submissions (1)

Shade987 is on a distinguished road (19)

Just tried it out. The Freezing ability on the ranger only seems to freeze enemies (I specifically tried it on bosses and the bigger creeps) for about 1 second. I don't know if thats intentional or not, but it kills the weak monsters in 1 shot, so thus far, the freezing aspect is fairly useless.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:24 PM   #8
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitarf
I noticed some minor tooltip issues. Some tooltips use your custom style once learned while still using the default wc3 style for their learn tooltips. You should also replace "it's" with "its" in the archer's ulti and the armour bonus of her second ability should probably not be measured in seconds. It is also unclear what the damage is of the paladin's first ability, I assume it's the same as the heal amount but that is not stated.
Nice eye for details. It shall be fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitarf
I intend to post a hero design for you in the other thread, I just need to find the time and inspiration.
No need to invent too much new stuff, you can just alter a standard hero, like I did with paladin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade987
Just tried it out. The Freezing ability on the ranger only seems to freeze enemies (I specifically tried it on bosses and the bigger creeps) for about 1 second. I don't know if thats intentional or not, but it kills the weak monsters in 1 shot, so thus far, the freezing aspect is fairly useless.
It is used as base for ultimate so it cannot be overpowered.
Freezing aspect will be much more important on later levels when creeps have a lot more hp.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:29 PM   #9
Shade987
User

Submissions (1)

Shade987 is on a distinguished road (19)

Quick note: You should probably either spend or remove the extra hero skill points while choosing heroes. It doesn't really make a difference, but it looks odd.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #10
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

2011-12-03, see changelog.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #11
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

2011-12-07, see changelog.

One more dungeon finished, 3 to go.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #12
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

2012-01-06, see changelog.

One more dungeon finished, 2 to go.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #13
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

2012-01-24
Replaced Frost Archer with Frost Mage (changed half the spells)

Archer hero will be remastered with pure archery theme.

It is not a big change but I am forced to do releases in small chunks due to my chronic lack of time, that way it will at least look like this map is crawling to a finish.