wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Warcraft Editing Tools
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 06-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
Tastingo
User

Tastingo is on a distinguished road (11)

Default Preventing Editor From Saving File As W3X

Is it possible to alter some of the editor's code so that it always saves your maps as W3M?
The reason is because I like making maps for Reign of Chaos because its not flooded with dota.

I know that you can do this by using WinMpq and etc. But it would be a lot easier if someone could create a patch for it, like an addition to JNG.

Does anyone think they could explain how to do it, or simply do it if its easy?

Thank you, I hope someone can help :).
Tastingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:18 AM   #2
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

Fledermaus has a spectacular aura about (143)

Send a message via MSN to Fledermaus

Don't do any stuff that requires TFT. Or install a RoC only version and use that editor.
Fledermaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #3
Tastingo
User

I'm asking to be able to do stuff that's TFT, but with a patch to the editor allow it to save as RoC.

I constantly have to use winmpq to import all my stuff, and at this point I have to import so much stuff that winmpq will not allow me to. So to solve this I figured why not save time and have it so the editor saves as .w3m instead.

I just have no idea how to do this, and how hard it would be to do this. Sorry for not making it clear :(.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:29 PM   #4
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

Why would you be allowed to do TFT only stuff and then play it on RoC?
Old 06-09-2011, 06:09 AM   #5
Tastingo
User

Because it would be the same process as converting a TFT map to RoC using WinMpq, except it would be saving a lot more time. If you need some evidence of it working for people without TFT I can provide you some :).

But anyway, my main question was if its possible to patch the editor to allow it to save as only W3M so it would save me time. If so how hard would it be and how would I go about doing it.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #6
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

Yeah, I get what you're saying it's just that I wouldn't think that w3m would be allowed to have TFT only editor data (abilities etc) since there isn't any of it for the RoC editor. Changing the slks is different since that doesn't actually add any editor data (as far as I know).
Old 06-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #7
Tastingo
User

If you import AbilityData.slk or whatever it is called the TFT abilities will work on RoC. If you don't do that then the abilities don't show up.

Do you happen to know by any chance how to create a patch for the editor, or know someone that would be able to do it. Or at least explain how difficult it is and how to do it if its not difficult?

Last edited by Tastingo : 06-09-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:45 AM
Fledermaus
This message has been deleted by Fledermaus.