User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-07-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Project Leader: LoC

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

Default NEW: Monastery

Introducing the Monastery.

Controlling the Monastery enables you to hire Monks. The Monastery also serves as sanctuary i.e. a place of safety. As long as a unit is inside the Monastery Walls, it becomes invulnerable. However, it's ability to attack are disabled for as long it remain inside the Monastery Walls.

NOTICE - A Queen cannot take shelter inside a Monastery.

On a slightly note, which would you prefer:

A: The Queen being able to take shelter inside a Monastery thus becoming invulnerable, but at the same time the Monastery can be destroyed disabling that ability.

Or:

B: The Queen cannot take shelter inside a Monastery,

Or:

C: The Monastery has an ability that makes all friendly units sorounding it invulnerable for 30 seconds.

Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sanctuary.jpg (112.7 KB, 86 views)

Last edited by Archian : 02-07-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Archian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-08-2011, 01:55 AM   #2
Av3n
Roar!

Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

Option A would work out the best depending if they are repairable though.

-Av3n

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter
Av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:29 AM   #3
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

I think it would be best if the queen could be hidden inside a monastery, but the player would get a penalty for keeping her there for too long, like a lack of moral, that would encourage the other player to simply steamroll the player and win(assuming that destroying all the player's buildings is as much a valid method of victory as killing the queen). I also suggest that monasteries always remain neutral.

~Gladiator, Sacred
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:09 AM   #4
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Project Leader: LoC

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av3n
Option A would work out the best depending if they are repairable though.

-Av3n

Most buildings in LoC are "repairable", or rather you can rebuild them (the rest are Invulnerable)
There are no workers or peasants in LoC that are able to build structures (except for Siege Engineers who are able to construct Siege Camps), but once a building is destroyed, another building (ruined version) will appear. The ruined version is invulnerable and has no other ability except it can be "upgraded" or "rebuild" to it's former state and thus regain it's ability to hire units etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolrin
I think it would be best if the queen could be hidden inside a monastery, but the player would get a penalty for keeping her there for too long, like a lack of moral, that would encourage the other player to simply steamroll the player and win(assuming that destroying all the player's buildings is as much a valid method of victory as killing the queen). I also suggest that monasteries always remain neutral.
The only way to win is by destroying the capital building (Castle) of a settlement AND kill the Queen of before mentioned.
Archian is offline   Reply With Quote