wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Model Resources > Animated Models
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
Mc !
Master Creator !

Acting art director
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (101)

Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd PlaceModeling session 2 - Chimeras

Send a message via MSN to Mc !
Default Burning One

Well, it's been a while since the last time I finished and uploaded a model... Woo, finally, the 100th submission!

Today, I present to you all the Burning One...

This is the first (and not only, hopefully) of a series of models based on a single concept. After the fall of Dalaran, the few wizards and enchanters that managed to survive tried to find ways of becoming stronger to defeat the Undead, and as thus, they enchanted their own bodies with elemental magic... The result was disastrous, little by little the enchanted ones started losing their minds over all the power their body now had... And now they roam the ruins of Dalaran, demonstrating their power to anyone they face...

The Burning Ones then are Wizards who imbued all their body with flames, and then became mad because of all the power magic added to their bodies...

As always, the model requires no custom textures.... This one comes with an icon for you to use freely...

Model and icon by me, Dread Lord animations by Blizzard... You can do whatever you want to this resource as long as you give credit. Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mainshot.jpg (65.6 KB, 4274 views)
File Type: jpg Ingame.jpg (567.7 KB, 2069 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Burning One.zip (125.6 KB, 1855 views)

Awesomeness = #Rep / #Posts

Last edited by Mc ! : 01-27-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Mc ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-21-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

Damn, Mc !, that looks awesome!
I'll download it later and give you critique.

~Gladiator, Sacred
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #3
HyperActive
User

Submissions (1)

HyperActive is on a distinguished road (18)

Damn indeed. Tested it and it works and looks great. Love the icon.
Not a fan of dreadlords animations though, but some really suit him.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

Hmm, what program do you suggest to view the model's animations properly?
Magos is fucking up the particles(probably because you only set them to be invisible in the starting frame of the animations, and not the ending frames, Magos has trouble with that for some reason).

~Gladiator, Sacred
Old 01-21-2011, 04:46 PM   #5
Mc !
Master Creator !

Acting art director

Submissions (101)

Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)

Magos hates my models, that's the conclussion I came to, none of my models look well on Magus, haha...

I'd say the editor itself...

I'll have to agree, the dreadlord anims aren't exactly amazing, but for some reason the model shouted "use dreadlord anims" when I made it, and they fit quite well...

Old 01-21-2011, 06:18 PM   #6
Nestharus
User

Nestharus has little to show at this moment (6)

Wouldn't expect anything less ^_-. Good size for multiplayer and looks excellent ; D.
Nestharus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:11 AM   #7
Kino
User

Submissions (8)

Kino will become famous soon enough (68)Kino will become famous soon enough (68)Kino will become famous soon enough (68)

Really, really cool stuff there.

Maybe it would be better if the shoulder armour was tattered like the rest of his outfit?
Old 01-25-2011, 10:25 AM   #8
Mc !
Master Creator !

Acting art director

Submissions (101)

@Kinorhynkar: Well, maybe the shoulderpads resist the fire or something xD... I didn't want to mess much with them, because that usually leads to less clear team color, which doesn't really go well with other Blizz models where the team color is even more visible than the model itself...

I suppose it was wishful thinking that someone would still be around to approve things in here...

Old 01-25-2011, 10:51 AM   #9
nickel510
User

nickel510 has little to show at this moment (1)

It is kind of crazy that some of these models, ogre thug, elite tank, earthlord and now this have not even been seen by a moderator when they are all really good models. This website seems quite deserted, why don't you just move to hiveworkshop.com mc?

Last edited by nickel510 : 01-25-2011 at 10:51 AM.
nickel510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #10
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

Probably because the Hive is filled with noobs and people who can't give proper critique(which, by the way, I'm sorry that I haven't deliver to you yet).

~Gladiator, Sacred
Old 01-26-2011, 03:23 AM   #11
nickel510
User

Well seeing as how the mods don't even critique here, its either nothing at all or critiques that are, in your opinion, total noob.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:46 PM   #12
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

This place is used to be a great and thriving place in its earlier years. Recent year development has definitely hurt WC3C badly.

~Gladiator, Sacred
Old 01-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #13
Mc !
Master Creator !

Acting art director

Submissions (101)

I'm part of this site, and have been for a long time... So I'll simply not move to another site just for inactiveness, it'd feel like betrayal...

A model doesn't have to be approved to be downloadable, so I don't care so much for the lack of proper mods to approve, the resource is here as it should be...

The fact that I got 46 downloads up to now is already more than I expected, it means that there's still a bit of people who look up here for resources, and I shall not fail them by moving to another site...

Last edited by Mc ! : 01-26-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:10 AM   #14
nickel510
User

I admire your commitment and loyalty, but I'd bet you my map Draenor Risk that those same people go to the hive for resources before they come here. Either way, great models you've made here, but what's wrong with posting them on both sites? You wouldn't be the only one.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:07 AM   #15
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

This model looks great in-game, the Dreadlord animations go very smoothly here. The face has a lot of character. The effects are pretty sweet (although the flickering on the large glow is fairly distracting, a smoother pulsating effect would be swell), the footprints are a nice touch :3

The colour of the bracers on the wrists and ankles blend in to the body in-game; the colour contrast isn't strong enough. Team colour would be good here, plus it'd really balance out the composition.

nickel510:

Post when you have something useful to contribute to this site or just stay at the Hive. Either way is fine by me.
  • DIII: TFA Textures
  • Finish and release a bunch of stuff
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote