wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Model & .Mdl Editing Corner
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-09-2010, 03:53 AM   #1
Drain Pipe
User

Drain Pipe has little to show at this moment (3)

Default Slight Model Modification

Hello all,

I'm trying to get the rolling animation that the pandaren element models use imported into an attack animation for the wolf model. Unfortunately, it's not working well at all. I tried the anim transfer but no luck. Can anyone help me get this animation onto the wolf or do it for me if it's easy for you to do? Or perhaps you can inform me how to do it?
Drain Pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-09-2010, 12:12 PM   #2
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

Animation transfer requires both skeletons to have matching bone names, but even with identical skeletons this won't work -- the Pandaren is an upright biped, the Wolf is a horizontal quadruped. The animations will consequently end up a mess; if you're lucky, the spine might bend in the right way, but the different leg configurations will just die.

An alternative would be to use something like Guesst's Warforger to add a new rolling sequence yourself, but that comes with a completely different suite of issues.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
Drain Pipe
User

Well the fact that everything is tucked in might make it look ok, maybe. Is there any other model that I might want to try basing this on? It's just that those rolling ones are the only ones with a "tucking" animation. Perhaps if there's a better model for the "tuck" portion of the ability I could use that instead? The rotation is an easy edit in itself, but not the tucking motion. Perhaps you know of any models which might work?
Old 07-09-2010, 06:26 PM   #4
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

The only thing I can think of is carving one of the middle frames out of the Druid of the Claw's morph animation, but even then they'll be referenced from the biped rather from the quadruped end so... I'm afraid I can't think of anything.

If you really want to try the panda vs. the wolf, rename all their helper and bone nodes so that the equivalent nodes have matching names (e.g. the pelvis node is called Bone_Pelvis in both). From there, it might be easier to use Warforger or an equivalent to reduce any horrible breakages that occur.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:58 AM   #5
Drain Pipe
User

thanks, I'll try that.