wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > WC3C News
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 06-24-2010, 05:07 AM   #1
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Default wc3c.net is back

As you may have possibly noticed. The site was down for the last week. It turns out the hard drive crashed and attempts to find recent backups were not succesful. Posts and threads have not been affected. However, an amount of attachments posted within February 2009 and June 2010 have been affected. when browsing the site, chances are that an attachment does not load (if it is a image) or is corrupted (if it is a file). Since it is rather hard to search for all the failed attachments on a case by case basis. I hope that there is some patience in the following weeks while we recover.

If you find a broken link/missing attachment, please restore it (if the attachment is yours) or report it in this thread. Other than attachments it is possible that some .php pages do not work (would give a lot of giberish characters when you try to load them.) I tried restoring the most important files, but I may have missed some, so please report them in that case. We are sorry for all the inconveniences this problem has caused and will cause.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
Archmage Owenalacaster
Laughs Derisively

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (1)

Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)

Race-Building Contest #1 Winner

Fantastic. Updated the Custom Race System maps and will update the thumbnail image later.

Last edited by Archmage Owenalacaster : 06-24-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Archmage Owenalacaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
duckne55
User

duckne55 has little to show at this moment (0)

http://wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=108019
attachment corrupted
duckne55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
2-P
la la la

Terrain Moderator

Submissions (14)

2-P is a glorious beacon of light (424)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (424)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (424)

Yay!!

Is it just me or do you have to be logged in now to even access the site?
2-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:41 PM   #5
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

Hmm. About time it's back. Just a question, what was this "Caleb's Page" thing? "ilikepie.net"? I was really afraid WC3C was hacked when that appeared.

By the way...

"Hero #4 extra-official winner"
"Race-Building Contest #1 Winner"

Those award icons do not work for me.

Also, "View all Subscribed Threads" leads to that... Code-page, thing.

~Gladiator, Sacred

Last edited by deolrin : 06-24-2010 at 02:06 PM.
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #6
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-P
Yay!!

Is it just me or do you have to be logged in now to even access the site?
Hmnn, that would be very strange as the permissions thing is in the database and the database is supposedly in another server so it wasn't affected. Will check it out.
Faster != more useful
Old 06-24-2010, 04:07 PM   #7
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Yes, it is very strange but non-logged in users cannot use the site at all. But it will take some time to isolate the issue.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:38 PM   #8
Ralle
User

Ralle is on a distinguished road (12)

I will write a small script to check if an attachment in the database has a file on the disk if you need it.
Ralle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:41 PM   #9
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolrin
Hmm. About time it's back. Just a question, what was this "Caleb's Page" thing? "ilikepie.net"? I was really afraid WC3C was hacked when that appeared.

Caleb is my associate who offers his hosting to us. His page defaulted when the drive went down.

Anyway I just wanted to make a brief appearance to thank Vexorian, Caleb and Dan for all their hard work on getting the site back online in a very short period of time. Keep in mind a hard drive failure generally is not recovered from in a week. So again, a great thanks to Vex for repairing the code, and Caleb and Dan for recovering the data.

Although I may not be active on the forum, I am still watching from the backend, ensuring Wc3c stays online. I was aware of the downtime and was working closely with the guys to get things back up and running as quickly as possible. So with that, we appreciate anyone who can help restore the corrupted attachments, and thank you all for being a part of the community!

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #10
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Well, the problem is not that attachment files are missing but that they are corrupted. Already did something with images and thumbnails, will do something about zip and rar.
Faster != more useful
Old 06-24-2010, 05:49 PM   #11
ploks
User

ploks has little to show at this moment (6)

Great job oh you gods for bringing back the page! :)
ploks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:03 PM   #12
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

I think all php files are fixed now.

It occurs to me that themes may have issues, so if you see a theme with missing images please do tell.

I'll try recovering awards, but the most recent ones will have to be remade.
Faster != more useful
Old 06-24-2010, 06:28 PM   #13
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Caleb is my associate who offers his hosting to us. His page defaulted when the drive went down.

Anyway I just wanted to make a brief appearance to thank Vexorian, Caleb and Dan for all their hard work on getting the site back online in a very short period of time. Keep in mind a hard drive failure generally is not recovered from in a week. So again, a great thanks to Vex for repairing the code, and Caleb and Dan for recovering the data.

Although I may not be active on the forum, I am still watching from the backend, ensuring Wc3c stays online. I was aware of the downtime and was working closely with the guys to get things back up and running as quickly as possible. So with that, we appreciate anyone who can help restore the corrupted attachments, and thank you all for being a part of the community!
Is good to see that WC3C keeps alive. And the traditional annual shut down has not forgotten :P

Tim., I know you're a busy man but at least do a post per day in anything you see interesting, a thumb up or whatever, to show that this site has not been throw away by his owner. In fact I thought you were kidnapped by Vexorian and he took the control of this site. You're not kidnapped isn't it?
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:40 PM   #14
Bribe
User

Submissions (1)

Bribe will become famous soon enough (26)

Send a message via AIM to Bribe

Why not use some spiffy data backups like subversion on an isolated server?
Bribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:21 PM   #15
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

Yeah, a database backup or w\e it is in similar to the Hive's daily backups would be nice, it takes just a few minutes per day so it's no real issue.

~Gladiator, Sacred
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote