wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-28-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)

Default Neutral Hero Additions - Test and Feedback thread

Thread for feedback about the last version of the "Neutral Hero Additions" map.

Current version includes both the Archon and the Grim Rider (aka Death Knight).

Here is the testmap.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-28-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
Veev
User

Veev will become famous soon enough (63)Veev will become famous soon enough (63)Veev will become famous soon enough (63)

The Grim Rider's learn tooltip for "Aura of Decay" contains the typo decrases. Forgot to check the tooltip of the spell once learned, though.

Call of Thunder's Paralyze debuff has a green icon on the effected unit.

Casting Decripfy on a unit just as it dies causes the missile to never collide. It keeps travelling until it reaches the corner of the map, where it then stays there for who knows how long. It was there for 2 minutes and after that I stopped waiting...

Both the Decripfy and the AoE damage from the Archon can affect your own units (and maybe allies?). Intended? If it's intended... I say it shouldn't be. 255 AoE damage from overload will wipe out your own units faster than the enemy, and the Archon can't tank damage so sending him in alone is a suicide mission. But, I am bad at war3 melee so what do I know.

Last edited by Veev : 01-28-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Veev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:48 PM   #3
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veev
The Grim Rider's learn tooltip for "Aura of Decay" contains the typo decrases. Forgot to check the tooltip of the spell once learned, though.

Call of Thunder's Paralyze debuff has a green icon on the effected unit.
Thanks for pointing out, fixing 'em as of now.

EDIT: Fix'd and re-uploaded.

I'll fix that missile thing on Decrepify, okie.

They're both intended, but for overload I may change it. For Decrepify, read the tooltip. =D

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 01-28-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Michael Peppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:09 PM   #4
Veev
User

Veev will become famous soon enough (63)Veev will become famous soon enough (63)Veev will become famous soon enough (63)

Ah, sorry, I think I was being vague and which is why you misunderstood me. The AoE damage after Decrepify explodes a target ally will deal damage to your own units (and probably allies). I know the missile is supposed to target allies, but again, the AoE damage can hit friendlies. So, is this AoE damage intended?

Also, something I just remembered. The Whirlwind slowly spirals into the center, but once it gets to the center, it sorta stays in place for about 10 seconds. Iunno if you wanted it to be like that, but I kinda liked if it got to the center slower or began spinning outwards again, once the center is reached.

And, I forgot to post my comments on the heroes in general.

I found the Grim Rider to be the more fun of the two. Decrepify is a neat spell and I really liked the Whirlwind. Perhaps it could use a new name, not sure what, though. As for the Archon, I'm never a fan of melee heroes, so I am biased against them. I feel like the ultimate might be too strong for him.

Last edited by Veev : 01-28-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:15 PM   #5
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Quote:
Ah, sorry, I think I was being vague and which is why you misunderstood me. The AoE damage after Decrepify explodes a target ally will deal damage to your own units (and probably allies). I know the missile is supposed to target allies, but again, the AoE damage can hit friendlies. So, is this AoE damage intended?
Ah, that... partly, yes (well, to be honest, it's my lazy-coding attitude's fault)

I'm still unsure about changing that.

Quote:
Also, something I just remembered. The Whirlwind slowly spirals into the center, but once it gets to the center, it sorta stays in place for about 10 seconds. Iunno if you wanted it to be like that, but I kinda liked if it got to the center slower or began spinning outwards again, once the center is reached.
It should, but the motion is too slow to show that before the spell expires, I may increase the speed when it reaches the center... I'll work on it.

Quote:
And, I forgot to post my comments on the heroes in general.

I found the Grim Rider to be the more fun of the two. Decrepify is a neat spell and I really liked the Whirlwind. Perhaps it could use a new name, not sure what, though.
Thanks. Whirlwind, though, is the name of a Wc2 spell used by the Death Knight (this hero is more or less a remake of that unit), so I don't think it'll be changed.

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 01-28-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Michael Peppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:53 PM   #6
Veev
User

Ah, I wasn't aware he was based from a War2 hero. (Never played that game in my life, I only bought it to use the CD key for a bot years back.) Anyway, knowing this now, Whirlwind is a fine name for the spell. :P