wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Skinning / Texturing > WIP Skins/Textures
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 03-16-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
TotalWarrior
User

TotalWarrior has little to show at this moment (0)

Default WIP Aragorn/Dunedain

Program used- Photoshop CS4
Hours of work- 3 hours.

First of all, this is my first skin and I want to give credits to grato because I used his skin as a guide and reference. You can find it here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/s...D20%26page%3D2

In my opinion, this skin is not good but not that bad either. I think it could use more detail at some parts. His face is messed up in game though. I also need to remove the team color from the shoulders etc as well as the book. I also need to fix the eyebrows. Also need a beard. This will probably turn out to be a Dunedain ranger more than Aragorn.
No idea why there's blue on cape and shoulders :S

Suggestions and help is appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aragorn1.jpg (34.0 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg aragorn2.jpg (24.4 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg aragorn3.jpg (63.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg aragorn4.jpg (42.0 KB, 31 views)
TotalWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:28 PM   #2
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

The best recommendation I can make right now is for you to keep practicing. Make ten more skins and learn something from each one. Find good tutorials and reference and just keep practicing, no matter if it turns out good or bad. Your skins aren't going to look professional overnight, it takes a lot of time and effort to get there. Hang in there! If it's what you really enjoy, then all the hard work is worth it.

This texture is blurry and under detailed, large areas are unchanged, and the reference you linked isn't much better. Hueter's one, while not accurate to the movies (which I guess is what you were going for) is a much better example of colour, lighting, composition and cloth and metal texture.
  • DIII: TFA Textures
  • Finish and release a bunch of stuff
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:08 AM   #3
TotalWarrior
User

TotalWarrior has little to show at this moment (0)

Thanks! I am not familiar with the tools and I do not know if I am skinning/texturing the proper way. I've only been using the brush,pencil,smudge,burn and a tad bit of the dodge tool. I do not know how to make hair and such detail in armor and stuff. I like skinning it's just that I need to know what tools to use and techniques.
TotalWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:33 PM   #4
xXm0rpH3usXx
I want my rep back! asap

Submissions (35)

xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)

smudge burn and dodge are nonos!