wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #31
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim001
OK, I think the documentation should mention that Disable is a non-graphical version of stun. Some maps may want to create version of stun that doesn't use the standard buff or graphic, so it is not just a PauseUnit replacement. For that reason I think a timed version could be useful.

Also, about the interaction between stun and disable, I find the whole section a little bit misleading. They actually interact like any other two buffs (as far as the user is concerned) except for the fact that when a unit is both stunned and disabled, the disable buff will not be visible. I think that explaining it that way would get the point across more clearly.
I guess I will rewrite it to be a bit more clear then. Still, though, disable and stun aren't like any normal buff, just because of how they overwrite. Disable is always 'underneath' stun, no matter what, because stun is the active buff and disable is the passive background effect. I am very sure that nothing in WC3 works just like that.

Anyways, still am not convinced that a timed Disable is useful, but I will add it because it's not like it is hard or a problem to do so. We will see if anyone actually uses it. (I really think they won't)
Quote:
What if you want to use a 0 second stun as an interrupt?
Even Wc3 uses 0.001s stun as an interrupt. If you really like this feature or something for some silly reason, I can make it use SetUnitPosition if 0.0 is provided as a duration, I guess. It'd just make the code longer, though, because then I couldn't use the *Time macro for stun.
Quote:
I doubt anyone will intentionally write call StunUnit(u, true); call StunUnit(u, false), but things could get more complicated if you're using a buff system. Maybe a buff that applied stun could get removed in subsequent code before any time has elapsed.
Yeah, yeah, yeah... That's why I did it anyways. It is still ugly and lame, if you ask me.
Quote:
So what about the dummy unit? I don't think creating your own working dummy unit is that simple, so perhaps xebasic should be non-optional, especially if it gets an object merger call to generate the dummy soon.
It's not, but for people who already have one, this is better. (Like me) This is actually not so uncommon.
Quote:
You could include a reminder in the documentation that you can edit the icons, buff descriptions, and artwork applied by each of the buffs by editing the generated buffs in the object editor. It's kinda obvious, but I have a feeling some people will forget since everyone tries to avoid looking at the object editor as much as possible.
Yes, I suppose I could.
Quote:
Also, the library doesn't compile in debug mode.
Err... That's weird, I forgot the keyword "call" on the BJDebugMsg lines. xD

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 11-21-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #32
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Updated.
  • Fixed a weird possible error with ensnare.
  • Updated documentation to remind users that they can edit the buffs and tooltips for the abilities in the object editor.
  • Updated documentation to describe disable as a non-graphical stun.
  • Made the library actually compile in debug mode.
  • Disabled negative or 0. duration timed effects. (Please just use SetUnitPosition if you want an interrupt)
  • Made a timed version for DisableUnit.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 11-21-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #33
grim001
requires vJass

Code Moderator

Submissions (10)

grim001 is just really nice (277)grim001 is just really nice (277)

Send a message via AIM to grim001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
Even Wc3 uses 0.001s stun as an interrupt.
OK, feel free to make 0 second stun just return false then, I don't care that much about it.

I'll check this again tonight and approve it if it looks good.
grim001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:28 PM   #34
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Updated.
  • Compressed the code significantly. Now uses 1 textmacro per status as opposed to 3.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:30 AM   #35
grim001
requires vJass

Code Moderator

Submissions (10)

Well I was planning to approve this tonight, but I started messing around with LUA object merging instead, using this library as an example. I wrote this code that you could use to generate all of the 5 abilities and 5 buffs in about 1/10th of a second. It will extend the length of the code quite a bit, but it looks really organized, and it will serve as an example/template on how to use LUA object merging for future submissions.

(I filled out the first ability for you, you'll have to do the rest :P)
Expand JASS:

Last edited by grim001 : 11-23-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:02 PM   #36
Earth-Fury
Two Blue

Submissions (7)

Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)

Send a message via MSN to Earth-Fury

Don't use //! lines for things that are not preprocessor commands, such as //! =============================. Just add an extra space instead of a ! and accept slightly different colouring.
Search
Tutorials
Ability Guide

UnitMaxState
BonusMod

AutoIndex
ARGB
TimerUtils

Earth-Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:38 PM   #37
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

I just want to let you know that I hate you. It is now updated to use this silly lua script to generate abilities. The lamest part is that it isn't even any faster on my computer.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:24 AM   #38
grim001
requires vJass

Code Moderator

Submissions (10)

OK, I'm approving this now, I'm just going to put these reminders here so you can update it when you feel like it:
  • Return false when removing a condition that isn't on the target.
  • The apply disable timed skill makes a funny noise sometimes, to remove it get rid of the Art - Target field in the Spirit Link buff. Although this is just an inconsequential thing with the demo map and not the system itself.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:51 AM   #39
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Updated.
  • Fixed a demo map thing that made grim think that timed abilities were randomly playing sounds.
  • When removing a status from a unit that doesn't have the status, the $TYPE$Unit calls return false now.
  • Added Remove$TYPE$ functions to the library.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:01 PM   #40
Sinnergy
User

Sinnergy has little to show at this moment (8)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sinnergy

why does object merger doesn't work for me? I already uncommented the line in which it creates the abilities, when saved, jasshelper executes the external commands bla bla thingy, and still doesn't create the abilities in my map?

The same with ArmorUtils, where you need to uncomment a line to create the max life bonus.
Need some help here.

Last edited by Sinnergy : 11-25-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Sinnergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:14 PM   #41
grim001
requires vJass

Code Moderator

Submissions (10)

You need to close and re-open the map after running it, as the documentation says.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:44 PM   #42
Tot

Tot will become famous soon enough (53)Tot will become famous soon enough (53)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitStatus
//* call StunUnitTimed(u, 4.0) //Adds a timed ensnare to a unit
  • hunting emos

Last edited by Tot : 11-30-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Tot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:51 PM   #43
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Lol @ Documentation. I'll fix that when I fix an obscure refcount error. It'll probably be after/during/sometime-with-respect-to my hero contest entry, though.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #44
TheKid
User

TheKid will become famous soon enough (37)TheKid will become famous soon enough (37)

By using Drunken Haze (I think that's what its called) you can disable both melee or ranged (or both) attacks. You should add the option to disarm these specific types of attacks.

I just read through some of the external block stuff that is at the top, and while I don't really understand the syntax involved in that it is quite clear what certain fields do, such as "anam, 'Some Name'" sets the created object's name to "Some Name". Anyways, as I was reading through it I noticed that you already use Drunken Haze for the Disarm status, so I'm sure you already know that it can be set for melee attacks only, ranged attacks only, or neither.

Last edited by TheKid : 12-09-2009 at 03:35 AM.
TheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:56 AM   #45
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverSpell Making Session 13 WinnerSpell Making Session 12 Winner

Send a message via AIM to Zerzax Send a message via MSN to Zerzax

My disarmed units aren't disarmed - they receive the buff just as planned, but can run around and chop enemies merrily as usual. Could this be a bug or is perhaps a conflict with my triggers?

I'm going to update my version of the script to make sure there's still an issue.

1. Die - D2 Barbarian
2. Time to Die - D2 Barbarian
3. Too Much Baggage! - D1 Warrior
4. I Gotta Pawn Some of This Stuff! - D1 Warrior

Last edited by Zerzax : 12-12-2009 at 02:56 AM.
Zerzax is offline   Reply With Quote