wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-14-2010, 11:37 AM   #46
Troll-Brain
User

Submissions (1)

Troll-Brain has a spectacular aura about (134)

At least it works perfectly with the drop event for me.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:37 PM   #47
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

ok then, DROP it is.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:01 AM   #48
Bribe
User

Submissions (1)

Bribe will become famous soon enough (26)

Send a message via AIM to Bribe

Quote:
This is utter bull :)

Use BJDebugMsg(GetHandleId) after ANY removal of a handle, GetHandleId will work until ALL the variables linking to the handle are set to null (this is the reason we set variables to null). In the first PowerupSentinel version, the array is not set to null until later. (This is because Blizzard creates ghost placeholders after a handle removal so that usage of variables that point to the removed handle don't crash the game or stuff...)

I was explaining that to him and he told me that he successfully enumerated those "dead" items from within a rect. I'll have to test it myself when I re-install the game later this week and find out if I can reproduce those results.
Bribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:51 AM   #49
Bribe
User

Submissions (1)

Even if you remove a dead item it can still be enumerated over.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1984057-post18.html

The map contained in that link shows that dead items can still be
enumerated over. You have to set its life to 1.00 first, then it won't
be able to be enumerated.

Last edited by Bribe : 08-16-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:26 AM   #50
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bribe
Even if you remove a dead item it can still be enumerated over.
It would seem that this is because the item doesn't get removed at all. The RemoveItem native does not appear to work on dead items (or at least dead powerups). Setting a dead powerup's life to 1.0 actually fully revives it (unlike units which can't be revived so easily) so it can be picked up again, however I have found no way to scale up such a revived item to its original size so such items can't be recycled effectively. This brings us back to cleaning them up, here's a few fixed versions of PowerupSentinel that do that:
Expand Zinc:
Expand Zinc:

Last edited by Anitarf : 10-21-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Anitarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #51
Bribe
User

Submissions (1)

Does the "tome" animation even play if you remove it instantly? That's the reason the Item Cleanup library cycles via timer in two sweeps.

Trilititi made it first in vJass: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/j...leanup-175663/

I don't think it's a huge amount of overhead to enumerate the map items every 15 seconds, and I'd consider it safer because your/Vexorian's method doesn't catch items that are simply killed by the user.

Last edited by Bribe : 10-21-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #52
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bribe
Does the "tome" animation even play if you remove it instantly? That's the reason the Item Cleanup library cycles via timer in two sweeps.
The animation indeed doesn't play if you remove the item instantly, but this can easily be remedied by increasing the timer timeout on my first implementation or by using my second implementation which removes the dropped item only once another one is dropped.

Quote:
I don't think it's a huge amount of overhead to enumerate the map items every 15 seconds, and I'd consider it safer because your/Vexorian's method doesn't catch items that are simply killed by the user.
I'm not sure how often users actually kill items is in maps. On the other hand, such infrequent periodic checks aren't much of an issue either. It's another one of those situations where the differences between implementations are fairly inconsequential.