wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > vJass Spells
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-28-2009, 11:40 PM   #31
deathminion1
User

deathminion1 has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploks
Does it give any error message?
Do you use New Gen?
Do you have TFT installed?
Is your WCIII patched to the same level that the mapmaker? (Dunno which version the mapmaker saved in though, and if this matters)

No it does not give an error message
No I do not use New Gen
What is TFT
I have v. 1.21
Old 08-29-2009, 07:18 AM   #32
Karawasa
Element Tower Defense

Submissions (2)

Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)Karawasa has a spectacular aura about (78)

Approved Map: Tropical TagApproved Map: Element TD

Send a message via AIM to Karawasa Send a message via MSN to Karawasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathminion1
What is TFT
I have v. 1.21

There is your problem. You need to have the WC3 expansion installed. You also should update to version 1.24b.

Element Tower Defense - Premier WC3 Custom Game

Last edited by Karawasa : 08-29-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Karawasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:38 AM   #33
deathminion1
User

deathminion1 has little to show at this moment (0)

If by WC3 expansion you mean frozen throne then I've got it.
I can't seem to update, it doesn't let me, can I download 1.24b externally?
Old 08-29-2009, 01:46 PM   #34
Alevice
It feels good

Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)

yes, got to the blizzard ftp site. google it, as i cant be arsed to do it for ya right now

Alevice.jones is SC2 Beta, losers.

Check out my never updated deviantart gallery!!

Kalimdor Raiders (Race Contest #1) Pastebin Page
Cavern Crawlers (Race Contest #2) Pastebin Page
Airship Race Motherfuckers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://ajaxian.com/archives/would-you-like-a-_-with-that-new-library-gives-js-what-it-should-have#comment-276203
- Dont solve problems that dont exist.
- Improve the wheel, dont reinvent it.
- Port the wheel if it doesnt exist in your environment.
- Integrate the wheel into your project.
- Make sure you can replace your wooden wheel for a rubber one if someone else invents it.
Alevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:14 PM   #35
Viikuna-
User

Viikuna- will become famous soon enough (44)Viikuna- will become famous soon enough (44)

I like meat puppet. Its kinda hard to control, but that maks it kinda funny too.

It might work nicely like this too: Meat Puppet unit, does not knockback guys, but instead it slowly grows bigger and turns red over time. When time is up, unit violently explodes and eals AoE damage to all enemy guys around him and to himself too.

I think it might work quite nicely. Player would have move Warlocks facing angle and position and actually do some aiming like this in order to hit enemies with that gigantic explosion.

This is just and idea. Dont know how it would really work. It might actually be that this knocking units with another unit is after all lot more fun.

Nevertheless I like this spell.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:16 PM   #36
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

In looking over the spells, and they do quite a lot. I think Null Blast would be more applicable if it didn't do a dozen things. The miss chance is overkill, and the damage that it deals at the beginning confused me at first. It deals 250 damage to a 420 life footman, leaving him with roughly 40% life left. Then after the damage, his max life is reduced by 250, to 170, and the current life stays proportional, going to 70. Took me awhile to figure out how that was working. (Tooltip's a bit poorly worded and explained because it does so much) My biggest problem with this spell is that you use EF's SetUnitMaxState library, which is not approved (and was never submitted) to our database. Because of that, this spell can never be approved so long as it uses it. (Rules are rules)

Your in-demo credits also still list "Big Dub" as a credit for the icon you no longer use.

Meat Puppet was neat and nothing in it suggested that it would be unapprovable. The only real kicker right now is EF's library.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:43 AM   #37
fX_
User

Submissions (2)

fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)

dunno why the imports are such a big deal. theyre just adjuvant stuff. if ever it becomes such a problem u could just change the values of the constants... you can even give them bogus values... like "dog\\ate\\my\\cat"...

edit: just tested it out. meat puppet is :D
good good idea really lol

Last edited by fX_ : 08-30-2009 at 11:52 AM.
fX_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #38
Deaod
User

Submissions (11)

Deaod is a jewel in the rough (192)Deaod is a jewel in the rough (192)Deaod is a jewel in the rough (192)

I know bumping resources during the reviewal process shouldnt be done, but im really planning on submitting this as an entry to a contest and i would very much like someone to go over my code to point out confusing/inefficient/otherwise bad parts.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:27 PM   #39
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Did you also know that taking advantage of the reviewing process to expedite feedback on your submission is against the rules? So if you want feedback, I will move this to T&S. If you want to get it approved, then it sits here and no one has to listen to your wanting faster reviews.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:42 AM   #40
Deaod
User

Submissions (11)

Deaod is a jewel in the rough (192)Deaod is a jewel in the rough (192)Deaod is a jewel in the rough (192)

I DO want to get this approved. If i didnt, i wouldnt have submitted it.

But for me, approving a resource somewhat never goes without a review. I thought i was asking nicely. I guess i wasnt. Sorry for that.

I know noone has to listen to me. Im not angry if this gets no review until its approved (or shortly before that). But i would appreciate it, since itd improve the quality of the code (which helps both the submission to the contest and the submitted resource).

Edit:

Version 1.3.2

Edit2:

Version 1.3.3

Last edited by Deaod : 09-05-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Deaod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:00 AM   #41
Deaod
User

Submissions (11)

Version 1.3.4

Ive also restored SimError to its previous state and just added a "\n" in front of the error messages which moves them down (which works, contrary to my previous beliefs).
Old 09-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #42
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Further reviewing of this is pending the approval of EF's UnitMaxState library here. As soon as it is approved after he does some fixes and stuff, I will look over this again. I think most of the stuff looks fairly legit, though, and the spells are certainly cool enough. (This means I don't think it will be graveyarded, but rather approved with further collaboration)
Old 09-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #43
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix

I am not sure if this is a feature, but when using meat puppet spell on target, I can order my hero to attack other targets ... and to attack the target of the spell (isn't it a little imba? Like the unit can't do anything for 4 seconds but it can be attacked xD).

Other then that seems very nice =)
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition
Flame_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:04 PM   #44
Deaod
User

Submissions (11)

Its a feature. And i dont exactly care about the balance, thats for those who implement it into their maps to figure out.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #45
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

• I'm still frustrated that you use the array approach to ability level stuff, but whatever, it's not against the rules and can be denoted as coding style.
  • You need to update the first post to link to EF's approved UnitMaxState library here at WC3C.
  • Is there any particular reason why you need a table for each instance of the spell? I'm certain Meat Puppet could be done to need only one table for all instances. (That's kinda the use of Table)
  • You'll need to update the library requirements for UnitMaxState, since it's not called SetUnitMaxState here.
  • In Null Blast, you shouldn't use CreateTimer() for the struct (since you forget to clean it up), but rather NewTimer in the create method. Then in an onDestroy method, release the timer. You require TimerUtils, so use it!
  • I'm not a fan of how you handle the ability level of the spells, can you explain to me why GetUnitAbilityLevel() on the struct's creation (and then storing it to the struct) is not possible?
Otherwise, looks OK.