wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > vJass Spells
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-24-2009, 11:28 PM   #1
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Default Demon Huntress Spellpack

Click image for larger version

Name:	S_DemonHuntressSpellpack.jpg
Views:	779
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	45206
This was my and TDR's submission to the third Hero Contest, I figure it's about time I submitted it. The pack consists of four contest abilities and one bonus ability that wasn't included originally because of the four hero skill limit, for their descriptions read the documentation included with their code or download the testmap and try them out.

The spells require the following libraries (not every spell requires all of them):
TimerUtils, Table, SpellEvent, VectorLib, PruneGroup, IsTerrainWalkable, IsUnitSpellResistant, BoundSentinel, xe, ABuff
The abilities in this pack are:
Expand Pounce:
Expand Firestorm:
Expand Soul Glaive:
Expand Elusive steed:
Expand Hunting Grounds:

The custom model for the hero was never finished, so this map includes a WIP version of it for the sake of completeness.
Attached Files
File Type: w3x DemonHuntressSpellpack.w3x (252.1 KB, 260 views)

Last edited by Anitarf : 06-24-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Anitarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-25-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I cannot believe I just spent half an hour looking over all that code. From what I can tell, it looks good and I didn't see any critical flaws. Furthermore, you are practically the paragon of portability and using standard libraries, so no worries there. The spells are also quite cool in and of themselves, and big packs make me happy as well. The only thing I dislike is that because I test maps on BNet, I wish people would add computer enemies to maps so that I can. :p

There appears to be a bug with Hunting Grounds and Pounce. It doesn't actually stun for the listed 8s or deal 200 damage, it actually deals only 100 damage and a 4s stun. That should be fixed. You should check the other abilities, too, because I'm convinced none of them were working properly in Hunting Grounds except the evasion when moving (not the movement speed part, there's no way that was 90%) and the Soul Glaive ability.
OD v0.10x Download

Coming soon eventually...

Personal To-Do List:
ICARUS
Aot3

WC3C Chat
Chat IP: 66.103.20.109
Earthbound 2 in English
vJass Manual

"DAMAGE_TYPE_POISON motherfucker!" ~Anitarf
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:01 PM   #3
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)Anitarf has a brilliant future (883)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

The speed bonus works, but due to the maximum WC3 speed limit it's effect is only noticeable if the unit is also affected by slowing spells. Pounce and Firestorm indeed didn't get the bonus because I completely forgot to set the appropriate struct member in their create methods. The silly mistake has been corrected.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:10 PM   #4
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Ah yes, I was bouncing into the max MS. Good call. Anyways, after testing, it appears to work happily now and I'd already mentioned previously that the code looks great for all spells.

Approved
OD v0.10x Download

Personal To-Do List:
ICARUS
Aot3

WC3C Chat
Earthbound 2 in English
vJass Manual

Old 08-25-2009, 09:16 PM   #5
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Heh, I just noticed another silly bug with Elusive Steed, it wouldn't work if you learned it while under the effect of Hunting Grounds, fixed that too. The spells should be perfect now! :)
Old 08-25-2009, 09:26 PM   #6
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Oh, that's a bug I never noticed when testing. Guess that's my fault for auto learning stuff before testing it, hrm.
OD v0.10x Download

Personal To-Do List:
ICARUS
Aot3

WC3C Chat
Earthbound 2 in English
vJass Manual