wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Systems
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2009, 10:48 PM   #1
busterkomo
User

Submissions (1)

busterkomo is on a distinguished road (10)

Default Tree Revival System

A simple tree revival system. After searching I hadn't found one (no, the outdated tutorial doesn't count), so i decided to make my own.

Requirements:
TimerUtils, by Vexorian.
IsDestructableTree by PitzerMike

Code:

Expand library:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tree.JPG (45.1 KB, 207 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x Tree Revival.w3x (30.7 KB, 232 views)

Last edited by busterkomo : 08-09-2010 at 04:05 PM.
busterkomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #2
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

IsDestructableTree Is this a new native in 1.24? It doesn't show in my old common.j
Old 07-03-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
busterkomo
User

Submissions (1)

It's included in one of the required libraries.

Last edited by busterkomo : 07-03-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:30 PM   #4
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Oh, duh, I'm brilliant.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:28 PM   #5
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

• You leak a timer reference in ReviveTree.
  • You leak a timer reference in Actions.
  • As a system, it needs an image for the thread's thumbnail.
Otherwise, this is very simple, but I very much like it that way. This does not need to be complicated, and truth be told, that old tutorial is stupid for being a tutorial anyways. Having a system handy for direct use is much better.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 07-07-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:48 PM   #6
emjlr3
Rehabbing

Submissions (14)

emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)

Mapping Contest First Place

Send a message via AIM to emjlr3 Send a message via MSN to emjlr3

what if we dont want trees to revive if units/heroes are near by, thus traping them in...?

Last edited by emjlr3 : 07-07-2009 at 05:49 PM.
emjlr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #7
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Guess you could make the conditionfunc of the trigger a configuration condition for users to play with. Then just move the current conditionfunc to being an actionfunc.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:54 PM   #8
busterkomo
User

Submissions (1)

Changes made.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:07 PM   #9
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

This can't be considered a system due it doesn't use abilities or other things different of trigger editor, it's more a script.

But as a script, it's nice.

Last edited by moyack : 07-07-2009 at 07:08 PM.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #10
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

The difference between a script and a system is ethereal, really, but some key differences do exist. A script is something lower-end than a system, since it may be required by other libraries also in the database. Damage Detection Systems these days do not carry OE dependencies anymore either, yet because they are so high-level, they are systems.

This is an end-product of scripts, nothing will ever require it. This makes it a system.

Anyways, approved.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 07-07-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:24 PM   #11
DreamRaider
User

DreamRaider has little to show at this moment (4)

Send a message via MSN to DreamRaider

I don't like the idea how trees somehow instantly grow. It should be a progressing growth little by little over time.

Creator of Naruto vs Bleach
DreamRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #12
emjlr3
Rehabbing

Submissions (14)

emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)

Mapping Contest First Place

Send a message via AIM to emjlr3 Send a message via MSN to emjlr3

i thought they did...
Old 07-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #13
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRaider
I don't like the idea how trees somehow instantly grow. It should be a progressing growth little by little over time.
The boolean for playing the birth animation does just that. If you want to slow down the birth animation, you'll need to edit the model (Since SetDestructableTimeScale does not exist).
Old 07-09-2009, 07:09 PM   #14
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix

You have to be kidding me. I have a mini-system that does exactly this sort of things in my map and it isn't half complex ... according to Cohadar systems should be hard things to make. I agree with him, IMO this should be a script ...

Anyway seems a good modular work, well done...
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition

Last edited by Flame_Phoenix : 07-09-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Flame_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #15
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Phoenix
according to Cohadar systems should be hard things to make.
Last I checked, Cohadar doesn't approve resources.