wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Model Resources > Scenario / Decorations
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 06-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
Shadow_killer
Granny speaks truth, obey

Submissions (4)

Shadow_killer will become famous soon enough (48)Shadow_killer will become famous soon enough (48)

Default Buildings Part 1: Economy

I have updated the bridge with a fixed version since i noticed that it was half transparent on water. So please replace the old bridge with the new one if you are using it.

Just some house models i made. Feel free to edit use or do whatever you want with them. These models are all to be used as doodads.

Recommended scales

Hidden information:
Bridge 300,300,300
Farm 200,200,200
Lumbermill 225,225,225
House1 225,225,225
House2 225,225,225
House3 200,200,200
House4 140,140,140
Pigfarm 200,200,200
Stable 250,250,275
Well 200,200,200
Windmill 200,200,200
Attached Images
File Type: jpg part1.jpg (106.6 KB, 2595 views)
File Type: jpg part2.jpg (120.8 KB, 1476 views)
File Type: jpg part3.jpg (95.2 KB, 1269 views)
Attached Files
File Type: rar RandomBuildings.rar (42.2 KB, 457 views)

Last edited by Shadow_killer : 08-13-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Shadow_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-12-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
Alevice
It feels good

Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)

I personally sugest using more texture variation. Use the same exact texture for every wall and roof looks bad.

Alevice.jones is SC2 Beta, losers.

Check out my never updated deviantart gallery!!

Kalimdor Raiders (Race Contest #1) Pastebin Page
Cavern Crawlers (Race Contest #2) Pastebin Page
Airship Race Motherfuckers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://ajaxian.com/archives/would-you-like-a-_-with-that-new-library-gives-js-what-it-should-have#comment-276203
- Dont solve problems that dont exist.
- Improve the wheel, dont reinvent it.
- Port the wheel if it doesnt exist in your environment.
- Integrate the wheel into your project.
- Make sure you can replace your wooden wheel for a rubber one if someone else invents it.
Alevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #3
Shadow_killer

Submissions (4)

Shadow_killer will become famous soon enough (48)Shadow_killer will become famous soon enough (48)

I would like to keep the low texture variation. It gives of a theme that i like and it makes the building seem to come from the same village.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:46 PM   #4
Alevice
It feels good

Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)

A theme would be that a given town built their houeses with bricks. Not everyone has the same access to the same type of brick, nor every haouse would have the same layout. Also not eveyr person has the same "decoration" in their houses - some of them would paint over them, so others may reinforce the walls amoing other things.

Just take a pick to the human buildign textures. They are similar in theme, but not all buildings use the same couple of textures.

Alevice.jones is SC2 Beta, losers.

Check out my never updated deviantart gallery!!

Kalimdor Raiders (Race Contest #1) Pastebin Page
Cavern Crawlers (Race Contest #2) Pastebin Page
Airship Race Motherfuckers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://ajaxian.com/archives/would-you-like-a-_-with-that-new-library-gives-js-what-it-should-have#comment-276203
- Dont solve problems that dont exist.
- Improve the wheel, dont reinvent it.
- Port the wheel if it doesnt exist in your environment.
- Integrate the wheel into your project.
- Make sure you can replace your wooden wheel for a rubber one if someone else invents it.
Alevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:44 PM   #5
Shadow_killer

Submissions (4)

A theme can be anything

According to me the human texture follows a wide theme, they follow the hole human civilization during that era. My buildings follow more a town theme. Also i have tried other textures that i thought would blend with the other buildings, but they dident blend at all. I could change the roof textures on nearly all the buildings (if that would improve the quality a little bit).
Old 06-12-2009, 09:38 PM   #6
0zyx0
Perfectionist noob

0zyx0 will become famous soon enough (38)0zyx0 will become famous soon enough (38)

I especially like the well, and I believe the bridge would be useful in certain situations. To bad it isn't possible to make units actually walk on the bridge.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:21 AM   #7
Sunwarrior25
I say!

Submissions (3)

Sunwarrior25 will become famous soon enough (30)Sunwarrior25 will become famous soon enough (30)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sunwarrior25

Unless he made the bridge in two parts: The walkable bridge part, and the cover.
- Staying up WAY too late.
- Fooling around with various things.
Other places to find me:
YouTube
deviantART
Twitter
uStream
Sunwarrior25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:30 AM   #8
xXm0rpH3usXx
I want my rep back! asap

Submissions (35)

xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)

it has still unwrapping issues!
i already stated that somewhere alse and you didnt fix that...
as long as its not fixed its poor!
And, you say these buildings are economically themed...
so what are they standing for?
i cant see the typical stuff houses would need to be identified as something particular....
Old 06-27-2009, 12:06 AM   #9
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
I personally sugest using more texture variation.
I want to emphasize this. Please consider using the different roof textures from the city buildings, for instance. Even the small variations in color go a long way. Furthermore, I don't like the chosen texture for the walls, makes everything (even the houses) look like a barn.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:25 AM   #10
xXm0rpH3usXx
I want my rep back! asap

Submissions (35)

xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)

well, you could make the first floor with bricks and the second floor with framework...
Old 07-05-2009, 02:17 PM   #11
Shadow_killer

Submissions (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunwarrior25
Unless he made the bridge in two parts: The walkable bridge part, and the cover.

I could do that without problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXm0rpH3usXx
it has still unwrapping issues!
i already stated that somewhere alse and you didnt fix that...
as long as its not fixed its poor!
And, you say these buildings are economically themed...
so what are they standing for?
i cant see the typical stuff houses would need to be identified as something particular....

I thought i found them all but you have found more, so could you please tell me where so i could fix them? or maybe make a red blue circle around the unwrapping issues? Its a vague theme. But the 1 building is a lumberjack house, the 2 and 3 are just normal houses for people to live in, the 4 building is a tavern, the 5 building is a farm - can also be used as a building for people, The big house can be used as the landowner, mansion or a governor building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
I want to emphasize this. Please consider using the different roof textures from the city buildings, for instance. Even the small variations in color go a long way. Furthermore, I don't like the chosen texture for the walls, makes everything (even the houses) look like a barn.

I shall consider this and experiment using different textures and see what goes along.

Quote:
well, you could make the first floor with bricks and the second floor with framework...

A good idea, will try it and see how it looks.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2009, 04:29 PM   #12
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

~Approved~