wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Modeling / Animation
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-31-2009, 12:55 PM   #16
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

*sigh* The moment I saw this thread I knew there'd be trouble :P

Given that this is incomplete, I don't feel that it's suitable for submission. You would do well to create a thread for this in the artists' corner, project discussion or general development until it's closer to being finished (I understand that you've got less than a week before you leave on mission call, perhaps there's an internet cafe wherever you're going?). Personally, I'd talk to the various artists who contributed to the project as well, considering its somewhat tarnished image hereabouts.
  • DIII: TFA Textures
  • Finish and release a bunch of stuff
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-31-2009, 02:27 PM   #17
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

I know lots of stuff in the GTW was ripped from various sources. There's no way you can prove that a particular item wasn't ripped, or based on ripped stuff.

Give me a reason not to delete this thread.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:31 PM   #18
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

The quality of an immense portion of this compendium is questionable and not up to Wc3C standards. For that reason, and the reason that credits are questionable at best, I'm just going to put this in the modeling forum.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:31 PM   #19
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 has a spectacular aura about (143)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Seems this isn't going as well as OH. I wonder why?!.... :P

Alright, makes sense. I understand the lack of credits (and quality) make this questionable at best, and respect your judgement.
Should I still attempt to upload the models and stuff, since this is in the Modelling forum?

--EDIT1--
So could the models that actually have verifiable credits (like those of the thread darkwulfv pointed out) be put into a pack and uploaded? Or are you guys saying even that could just be him lying?

--EDIT2--
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
I did not contribute to this project. TerranUp had a knack of trying to attach all the famous peoples' names to the project in order to big it up.
Would you prefer I took your name off?

Quote:
I cannot get the map to load completely in WE; did you use WEU or something else that would cause the import manager to not find a considerable number of resources?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrbi0
The "Snapshot Match" map is one that, if you put all the models into a custom MPQ, removing all the textures from the folders, it would work.
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 06-01-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:59 PM   #20
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrbi0
Would you prefer I took your name off?
Yes.

A map IS a custom MPQ. Don't sass me. If you're going to release an MPQ, release an MPQ. Don't pretend it's a map -- that shit doesn't even have a decent listfile.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:31 PM   #21
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Exclamation ~Update~

Alright, I am currently uploading all the zips to the first post; this includes the models, music, and the artwork associated with it. I know this doesn't mean it will be "approved" as it's no longer a resource; just FYI.

Quote:
Design Documents: Both are too large, even zipped up.
- IMG_1 contains Concepts, Loadscreens, Screenshots, Wallpapers
- IMG_2 contains 1/2 the "Art" folder
- IMG_3 contains the other 1/2 the "Art" folder
- I have decided Model Previews is too large to break up; moreoever, it's made up of screenshots of models. Just DL the models and open them up. :P
- There are 2 maps of Azeroth, one labelled one not; but both are so big I can't even Zip them up to upload them. xD
Music: [[SPLIT UP]]
MDL-Complete: [[SPLIT UP]]
MDL-MostlyComplete: [[SPLIT UP]]
MDL-NoAnimation: [[SPLIT UP]]

~~~

Quote:
Yes.
Will done.

Quote:
A map IS a custom MPQ. Don't sass me. If you're going to release an MPQ, release an MPQ. Don't pretend it's a map -- that shit doesn't even have a decent listfile.
Hey hey. In all honesty, I did not know that (map = MPQ).

I was serious; I literally used MPQMaster to create a second version of the "war3xlocal.mpq", filled with all the models I was testing. I replaced my regular war3xlocal.mpq with that custom one.
I have found this saves a lot of time for importing; actually, it doesn't take any time. All the models become a "part" of the game (albeit hidden from the regular drop-down list); you just have to type in the exact path in the "custom" line for model-type.

Anyway, I don't say that because I think you don't know. I was unaware of any other method, and am just clarifying. I literally made a custom MPQ, and in the map, if you have the MPQ, all the models are assigned to various units making viewing easy.

However, I couldn't upload my little custom MPQ because it was too large, even zipped up. :<
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 06-01-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #22
Nuclear Arbitor
Reputation Leech

Submissions (1)

Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)

try .7z
Nuclear Arbitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:46 PM   #23
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

I tried that first, actually. That, and regular .Zips. I don't have WinRAR, although I don't know if that would help.
(I recently heard that you can break up Rars into separate mini-Rars, even with an MPQ inside of it... Anyone confirm?)
Old 06-01-2009, 10:12 PM   #24
~Void~
Inactive as fuck

Submissions (39)

~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)

People, don't be cunts. Nobody likes that.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:10 AM   #25
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix

So, I guess this is going to be graved no matter what ...
Oh well, at least you tried Kyrbi, no one can take that from you =D
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition
Flame_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:37 AM   #26
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Quote:
So could the models that actually have verifiable credits (like those of the thread darkwulfv pointed out) be put into a pack and uploaded? Or are you guys saying even that could just be him lying?

I will graveyard any stuff made by any team directed by TU16.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:44 AM   #27
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix

Quote:
The difference between God and Griffen is that God knows less about wc3c than Griffen does.

Off-topic:
I mean, sure TU16 was a bad guy that got banned, but, should we judge people under his instructions the same way we judge TU16 ?
Just saying, I came way after this, I don't know the details ... but if wc3c could take advantage of some of the good resources, I believe that would benefit us all.

Mental Note 1: He he he, try putting this on your signature now, Nemesis !
Mental Note 2: I am admired, Griffen didn't try to destroy me yet ... I am happy =D
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition

Last edited by Flame_Phoenix : 06-02-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Flame_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:56 AM   #28
Archmage Owenalacaster
Laughs Derisively

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (1)

Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)

Race-Building Contest #1 Winner

Some of the models are neat, but if it doesn't meet site standards, that's all there is to it. Even though TerranUp approved the distribution of the resources for his defunct project, a yet undetermined number of the models are apparently stolen and were not his to distribute.
Archmage Owenalacaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #29
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Griffen
That's fine; I was merely curious.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:24 PM   #30
BloodStorm2262
User

BloodStorm2262 has little to show at this moment (2)

Hey, I was just wanted to make a comment here... Even though the thread is long dead lol.

First: From what I know, no models are stolen or use stolen assets. I personally saw the step by step creation of the majority of them, back when GTW was in full swing the artists would constantly post WIPs as they were building the models to keep us motivated and to get critique. And as for the icons looking out of place in Wc3, well they were supposed to... We were creating 6 (8? lol I forget >_<) full races for the game and were replacing 99% of the game's assets, including all of the icons. There were special borders we were using for the icons, as can be seen on some of the Asteroth icons (blue), but obviously the border was lost/left behind.

Second: @Griffen I respect whatever decision you make, but I really think that more than 3 years after the 'falling' out between Wc3c and GTW your absolute loathing for TerranUp should be second to your respect for what was made under the projects name.

And Finally: I myself have an organized file (sadly on an old computer) containing most of the resources, not sure if it's the same one you have/recieved Kyrbi0 but I'll check at some point to find out.

PS: If someone has the god damn MPQ from the GTW, that would be epic.