wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Modeling / Animation
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 03-19-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
zwiebelchen
User

zwiebelchen is on a distinguished road (16)

Default Model Request: Rain

Hello everyone.
I'm looking for a basic model that just looks like rain (kinda like the WC3 weather effects Lordearon Rain heavy & light).

I just started learning about modeling and can not do it on my own until now, but I'm desperately needing this model, so I created this request here.

Please help!
zwiebelchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-20-2010, 06:51 AM   #2
Kino
User

Submissions (8)

Kino will become famous soon enough (68)Kino will become famous soon enough (68)Kino will become famous soon enough (68)

You could use the Monsoon rain sfx.

If you really must i can strip off the clouds and give you the sfx without the clouds if you need,
Attached Files
File Type: mdx Rain.mdx (1.8 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by Kino : 03-20-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Kino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
Dan van Ohllus
Negatory

Submissions (40)

Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)

Seems that some newer generation of forum users never pay attention to stickies and announcements anymore.

Zoom (requires log in)

Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phuckewe.jpg (138.6 KB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg phuckewe2.jpg (74.0 KB, 151 views)

I don't take requests, so don't PM or e-mail me for any.

WHY IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA TO POST YOUR FIRST MODEL/SKIN/ICON
Dan van Ohllus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #4
zwiebelchen
User

So where's the description line below the forums that tells me that I can post requests there? I don't see any link between "artist discussion" and "you can post requests there".
And besides ... I never read caps-locked forum posts with way to many exclamation marks anyways, no matter who wrote them.

Instead of just being retarded and complaining about me not paying attention to this line, you could have closed the thread instead, as my request was answered even before you noticing that I posted a god-so-annoying request here.

@ Kynorhinkar: Thanks, that really helped. Good thing there are still grown-up community members here.

PS: I really suggest writing something important not in announcements, but just as a sticky, as stickys can be easily seen, whereas announcements are seperated so far from the "interesting" stuff, that you often do not notice them.

Last edited by zwiebelchen : 03-21-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #5
Ammorth
I blink, therefore I am.

Submissions (10)

Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (457)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (457)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (457)Ammorth is a glorious beacon of light (457)

"This is the place for the general discussion and questions regarding anything art related. If you need something for your map or project and you wish to see it come to fruition, talk about it here."

I'm sorry if we arn't The Hive and have a neon sign yelling "Requests Here!". Aswell, when something is an announcement, it means a moderator either made it or made it into an annoucement. No matter the means to get your attention (caps, exclamation point, etc), you should still read it.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #6
zwiebelchen
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammorth
I'm sorry if we arn't The Hive and have a neon sign yelling "Requests Here!". Aswell, when something is an announcement, it means a moderator either made it or made it into an annoucement. No matter the means to get your attention (caps, exclamation point, etc), you should still read it.
This still doesn't change the fact that announcements often do not catch the eye - compared to stickies, which are only some pixels above the location your eyes will focus on when creating a new thread.
When I wrote this thread, I was first reading all the forums descriptions and didn't find anything that was in some way related to a request forum (at least, to me), so I moved to this one and read all the stickies. Nothing again. Then I saw this other guy posting a request-like thread here and said to me "alright, so it's meant to be here."
I use a high screen resolution and anncouncements usually do not catch my eyes. I would have noticed if it was a sticky, but that's just me.
Still, no need to get into flaming mode instantly - especially if the topic was already answered.

Also, I do not see a reason why you should insult TheHive ... I sometimes feel that - in terms of maturity - there is no difference between hive or Wc3c. Dan is a perfect example why.

Last edited by zwiebelchen : 03-21-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:26 AM   #7
Dan van Ohllus
Negatory

Submissions (40)

Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)

Yep, because ignorance is a bliss and calling people retards makes you look so much more mature than informing users about the rules and informations the forum provides. =)

I don't take requests, so don't PM or e-mail me for any.

WHY IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA TO POST YOUR FIRST MODEL/SKIN/ICON

Last edited by Dan van Ohllus : 03-23-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Dan van Ohllus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:44 AM   #8
Tastingo
User

Tastingo is on a distinguished road (11)

I don't mean to res this post, but was wondering if anyone could fix up the model that Kino made. At first I used the model in my map, and then realized it was too big. I changed it to size .1 and it turned out perfect. The only problem is if i attach it as an effect it will be the normal size. So i was wondering if anyone could change the model size to .1 for me so I will be able to attach it. (I'm trying to make a sweat effect)
Tastingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:48 PM   #9
teuncreemers
User

Submissions (2)

teuncreemers has little to show at this moment (8)

Dont be so mean! meh

Last edited by teuncreemers : 11-13-2010 at 12:47 AM.
teuncreemers is offline   Reply With Quote