wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > Power of Corruption
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-26-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
Archmage Owenalacaster
Laughs Derisively

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (1)

Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)

Race-Building Contest #1 Winner

Default Intentions for a Campaign

I'd hate to see the campaign go without completion. Is anyone interested in working on it?

A light team would be sufficient, I expect. (I'm proficient at terraining and vJass.)

Free-for-all discussion, begin!
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-26-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
2-P
la la la

Terrain Moderator

Submissions (14)

2-P is a glorious beacon of light (424)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (424)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (424)

How's the state of the campaign anyway? I'd love to see a campaign too, but since moyack said that PoC is completed and he stops mapping... =/
Old 05-26-2009, 09:11 PM   #3
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (156)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (156)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

I'd love to help; sign me up!

Oh yeah... :<
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 05-26-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:13 PM   #4
Archmage Owenalacaster
Laughs Derisively

Submissions (1)

Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)Archmage Owenalacaster is a jewel in the rough (180)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmage Owenalacaster
You've announced your retirement from Wc3 modding. I'm wondering, in turn, what shall be done for the campaigns? Will someone besides yourself head their development?
Maybe you? If you want, you can gather a team to achieve this. With the source, you can develop the maps.

Use the PoC forum to get feedback about this part.

We ought to assemble a team.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:06 PM   #5
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)

You just know that I'd like to help with this someway... let me know when and I'll be on hand.

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 05-26-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:01 AM   #6
Here-b-Trollz
Corkscrew Chainsaw!!!

Here-b-Trollz has a spectacular aura about (149)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd Place

I'll watch closely and bitch if things don't move along at a pace which I deem acceptable (I'm very good at this, as Griffen could tell you).
Old 05-27-2009, 04:15 AM   #7
Av3n
Roar!

Project Leader: TBR

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

I can share a tool if the author allows me to allowing vJass usage in maps the easy way...

-Av3n

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter
Old 05-27-2009, 04:31 AM   #8
Archmage Owenalacaster
Laughs Derisively

Submissions (1)

Clarify?
Old 05-27-2009, 04:46 AM   #9
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)moyack is a splendid one to behold (661)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Just to point out the plot:

Hidden information:
Those ideas have been moving on our heads the last months... but now I want to hear what people think about this.

Credits to The Elite and Linaze for helping with this plot.

PoC Naga Campaign plot:
.:
Naga Campaign resumed storyline thus far: (The plot takes place before WC3 history as an independent reign from the original Naga race to make the things less limited)
  1. Aliz is exiled (Naga summoner model initially) from the Siren fellowship, for being a serious trat to the rigid rules of the Supreme Enchantress.
  2. Aliz wanders the big seas with the wish of revenge
  3. Pass some time (maybe some years) and she founds a group of hopeless murguls which are being attacked by tideHunters
  4. She Decides to gains their confidence but she has to deal first with Olug, the Murgul chief which in part has caused the murguls perdition.
  5. She tries to take control of the tribe with some murguls allies but she fails
  6. She decided to get more power according with a rumor heard about an item which can control the sea Dragons (snap dragons initially, later hydras)
  7. She goes to a mercenary island and seeks information with an old orc warlock Demon lord (lord of Darkness)
  8. The Demon Lord offers his support and information to Aliz with the secret intention of take control over that item (this item can be handled only by reptile beings like naga for its poisoning properties)
  9. Aliz acquires her armor and after a hard battle she gets the item.
  10. Aliz returns to the Murgul island and with the control of the Snap dragons and the support of the warlocks takes control of the Murguls (Kills Olug) and then she defeat the Tidehunters (Defeating them she gets control over the dragon Turtles). At the end, Aliz with her new Naga Troops kills the warlocks and start a new journey to take control of the Naga reigns that exiled her.
  11. With her Troops, she takes the control of the sirens fellowship, and using the item of Athenak she forces to the Sirens mistress (Naga Enchantress) to follow her, by taking her soul and will by trapping it with the item. After this some sirens run away to seek some help from the Myrmidon army.
  12. Aliz seeing this, has no option than attack and take control of myrmidons troops too, but seeing their impressive resistance and power she uses the power of the magic item and with the sirens magic she transmutes a snap dragon with the corpse of a fallen myrmidon and creates a powerful and loyal warrior (Venom warrior) which will help her in her purposes.
  13. The Supreme Myrmidon receives information about all that has been happening and he decides to send all the forces against her. Aliz receives news about the imminent situation and seeks for a last option, to gain the power over the Hydras. She goes with a group of her troops and defeats the Big mother Hydra, and with her heart she gets the control of this powerful beasts, she will return to her main base and will take part in the final battle to take control of the remaining naga rebels.
  14. End of Naga Campaign.

The demon Campaign will happen after Aliz gains control over all the Naga race and becomes the ruler of this race. It will start when the Doom's Guard Lord <insert prnwage name here> sense the Heart of Athenak and decides to prepare his army to find the Nagas a take possession of this mystic item.

In general I want to give some freedom in this part but the end of this campaign must be when the demons almost destroy the Naga and start taking control of their domains.

That's what we got until now. If anybody feels interest in developing a campaign based on this story, just let me know.

I just suggest to make in the Naga campaign that Aliz gets support from the Demon Lord (in spirit form) and the demon Lord requires as retribution to be freed by aliz when she gets the power. She, at the end, betrays the demon Lord spirit and seals his corrupted soul and hides it in an isolate place.

..... but after some time..... the demon Lord is freed by some <insert a naga enemy here> and the demon campaign will be the Lord's revenge. The plot is up to you :)

Thanks for your support. I'll be pending about any progress.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:11 AM   #10
Av3n
Roar!

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

Technically you should be able to save maps in NewGen WE that are in campaigns correctly. However this isn't the case, somehow (I'm not too sure) but Grimoire is unable to locate the map's script since it's the map itself is inside the campaign's mpq.

The tool is basically you save your maps properly anyway in NewGen WE then it goes through all of the maps' scripts within the campaign then runs JassHelper etc. to compile them where Grimoire failed at (Need clarification).

-Av3n

.:
Strikeforce
Twitter
Old 06-05-2009, 10:44 AM   #11
Archmage Owenalacaster
Laughs Derisively

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av3n
(Need clarification)
Absolutely. Are you referring to a tool I don't have and ought to acquire?
Old 06-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #12
Av3n
Roar!

Submissions (7)

If you plan to go ahead with the campaign yes.

What I meant by clarification was the fact that I forgot what vex/pipe said why grimoire can't compile campaigns.

-Av3n

.:
Strikeforce
Twitter
Old 06-11-2009, 07:48 PM   #13
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix

WOWOWOWOWOOW wait a second. Is this a campaign with new races !?

I WAS FORMING A TEAM TO MAKE EXACTLY THIS WORK !!!! ....

Anyway, If it will have new races, you guys really should talk to Kyrbi. He is a master on new races.
I am also willing to give full access to the 2 extra melee races of my project. In fact I would like to see them here ...
I also have a mini-plan for a new Naga race ...

If you guys are interested ... just tell me something.
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition

Last edited by Flame_Phoenix : 06-11-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #14
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Phoenix
Anyway, If it will have new races, you guys really should talk to Kyrbi. He is a master on new races.

Heh, the 2 races (Naga and Demon) are completed. (in fact it'll use PoC's races, since it's a campaign for it :D)

And... K has gone for 2 years, remember? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Phoenix
I am also willing to give full access to the 2 extra melee races of my project. In fact I would like to see them here ...
I also have a mini-plan for a new Naga race ...

If you guys are interested ... just tell me something.

It's moyack's duty to tell something about this, so I won't say a thing :)

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 06-11-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:05 PM   #15
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix

Quote:
Heh, the 2 races (Naga and Demon) are completed. (in fact it'll use PoC's races, since it's a campaign for it :D)
Well personally I think his Naga race is kinda Meh ...(lol).. Yet my project has a Chaos Orc race and an High Elf race. Moyack could use them (with some modifications I have in mind).

Also, why not allow all the other 4 races as well ?? It would be awesome...
In my project I allow all 4 races =D

Quote:
And... K has gone for 2 years, remember? :P
he is !? Damn ... well he may be gone, but his posts and ideas are not !! We can still use them and credit him!
Link:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=100616

PS: he shares a lot of ideas with me ... too bad we never discussed it xD
PS2: I was thinking of adding some of Ky ideas to my project cerdting him
PS3: there are other resources we could use, such as the Creep Rebelion project.

Quote:
It's moyack's duty to tell something about this, so I won't say a thing :)
Well ... Kinda xD
But if you ask me I think he will most likely refuse ...
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition

Last edited by Flame_Phoenix : 06-11-2009 at 08:07 PM.