wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > Power of Corruption > PoC Gallery
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-25-2009, 10:58 PM   #1
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack
Default (4) Power of Corruption

Zoom (requires log in)
Version 2.3c

By Moyack

It has been a long journey in this process, but at the end, everything has a finish. Including this map.

Power of Corruption, for the people who don't know or remember properly, is an altered melee modification which features two custom races: The Naga and Demons.

Some of the most outstanding features are:
  • A new resource: Devotion points. It can be obtained when you kill enemies from normal players (creeping doesn't give devotion points) This resource can be exchanged by gold or lumber, or saved to get a super unit at your command.
  • Transport units. This feature has been available through neutral buildings, but now these units will be trained by the player. They not only serve as transport, they can improve a lot the micro management because they can be used to protect vulnerable units taking in advantage its high resistance against attacks.
  • Item forgers. These special units will be trained by each player. They will have the ability to cast portable shops with items designed to improve temporary the hero units, or units in an area of effect.
  • Semihero units. These special units are the gift that you obtain from you god Sargeras for having a good and efficient army. They are called semiheroes for its skills (strength + 4 useful abilities) and they are summoned when you reach 1000 devotion points. The Nagas obtain a Naga Royal Guard and the Demons obtain a Doom Guard.
  • Race Attributes. Each race will have a common passive ability for all the organic units which gives to them an identity. In the Naga race, the ability is called Water Essence, which gives to the Naga the ability to increase their hitpoints regeneration when they are on water; and the Demons have the Corrupted Entity ability, which gives to the demons a chance to explode and produce lesser beasts from its bodies if they reach a 10% of its max hitpoints.

With this release, I end my WC3 modding activity. Right now I'm not enjoying staying here in this site and I just needed to have this finished because I do hate to left stuff incomplete.

I've tested this game enough and I hope there's no bug on it, if you find one... well, I won't fix it, you'll have to talk with Archmage Owenalacaster, which will have the only copy of the source of this map.

I want to give my gratitude to Archmage Owenalacaster, Av3n, JetFangInferno, Jigrael and all the people involved in this process for their support and interest in this project.

Additionally I want to send my greetings to Pitzermike, RaoDaoZao, Captain Griffen, Vexorian, Gadden, Michael Peppers, Alevice, Kam, Pyrogasm and many others for being excellent people and being a reason to come back and say hi.

Changelog

(15/05/2011)

- Simplified multiboard: now it only shows your data, not the ones from others
- Improved code: simplified stuff so the game runs faster and smoother
- Added a new ability: jump. Now the demon units like succubus and Brutal Lord have the jump ability, which allow them avoid obstacles. The purposes of this ability is to complement it with their other jumping abilities so they can't get stuck.
- New Models: Now the demon race has its own custom models, looking greater than ever. Additionally there's a new Naga Imperial Warrior made by Tarrasque (AKA jigrael) which is now perfect to the hero style and looks incredibly great.

(26/05/2009):
- Fixed the multiboard bug.
- Added Kyrbi0 to the credits (sorry for forget you)

(27/05/2009):
- Fixed bug with illusion units
- Fixed the AI a little bit.

(15/06/2009):
- Fixed the freeze. Caused by the AI trying to catch unreachable targets.
- Fixed some buffs and FXs

Note: By the moment, the map has been passed to 1.24 but it hasn't been fully tested, so I'll keep only one link to download to avoid confusions. Any testing and bug reports are welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg war3mapPreview.jpg (61.0 KB, 713 views)

Last edited by moyack : 11-13-2013 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Updated, map not available by the moment to download from this site...
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-26-2009, 12:08 AM   #2
Joker
User

Joker will become famous soon enough (32)Joker will become famous soon enough (32)

DL link seems broken.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:01 AM   #3
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker
DL link seems broken.
fixed.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:23 PM   #4
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Dang, I'm not on the list of supporters. *sad face*

Well, it's great to see this thing conclusively "finished" and uploaded. We will mourn your passing, but you have done great things with this and others. Kudos! :P
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:57 PM   #5
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)

[OFFTOPIC]Probably you can't even imagine how many people will miss you, really... :([/OFFTOPIC]

However the map is great, I found only a small issue so far, with the multiboard:
Zoom (requires log in)
(Meh, Archmage could fix that in no time)

And... either you nerfed AI or I'm improved since my playtesting... I was still alive after half an hour xD
Edited because: Nevermind, I didn't realize I was playing against "Computer (Normal)" xD.

I tested only Naga so far, but I really liked the whole map: fitting custom models, great use of ingame resources, effective and probably highly debugged code (the spells tell it all).

I'll play with Demon when I can. Again, amazing job.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MinimalIssue.jpg (612.4 KB, 1617 views)

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 05-27-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Michael Peppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:52 AM   #6
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User

Submissions (17)

Damn.... but yes, something easy to fix.

Edit: Fixed. Kyrbi0, check the credits now. Download new version here.

Last edited by moyack : 05-27-2009 at 04:13 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:58 AM   #7
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyack
Edit: Fixed. Kyrbi0, check the credits now.
Woah, I was mock-whining. I can't actually recall what I did to help aside from loving Naga and supporting the project silently... :P But thanks.

--EDIT--
Wait a second, my name isn't actually there... Unless you mean "added to the Credits, in a Hidden box". xD
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Old 05-27-2009, 08:03 AM   #8
zetanno
User

zetanno has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-7)

Found something : Using Wand of Illusion on one of your heroes and then killing the illusion will make you able to revive that illusion as a hero .
Zoom
zetanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:12 PM   #9
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrbi0
Woah, I was mock-whining. I can't actually recall what I did to help aside from loving Naga and supporting the project silently... :P But thanks.

--EDIT--
Wait a second, my name isn't actually there... Unless you mean "added to the Credits, in a Hidden box". xD
You're despicable. Really.

Also, the icon is in breach of site advertising rules because it is a hosted project. You're going to need to remove the direct link to your own website and put it somewhere else in the map.
I guess you fixed this somewhere along the line without posting.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 05-28-2009 at 12:45 AM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #10
Thu-Amsf749
User

Thu-Amsf749 has little to show at this moment (0)

Can't wait to play it, I've thought myself of making a map like this. Congratulations on finally getting it done! :)
Thu-Amsf749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:16 PM   #11
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
You're despicable. Really.
You've a need to lighten up. Really.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:07 AM   #12
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User

Submissions (17)

Updated and fixed bugs.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:37 AM   #13
Alevice
It feels good

Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)

fuck that shit man, you cant leave.

anyway great work on this, we really need to put all of us on a deathmatch to glory!

Also, what did i do to deserve mention on credits :P

Alevice.jones is SC2 Beta, losers.

Check out my never updated deviantart gallery!!

Kalimdor Raiders (Race Contest #1) Pastebin Page
Cavern Crawlers (Race Contest #2) Pastebin Page
Airship Race Motherfuckers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://ajaxian.com/archives/would-you-like-a-_-with-that-new-library-gives-js-what-it-should-have#comment-276203
- Dont solve problems that dont exist.
- Improve the wheel, dont reinvent it.
- Port the wheel if it doesnt exist in your environment.
- Integrate the wheel into your project.
- Make sure you can replace your wooden wheel for a rubber one if someone else invents it.
Alevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:09 AM   #14
Joker
User

Joker will become famous soon enough (32)Joker will become famous soon enough (32)

The Beast's stomp move on the Demon side is incredibly bugged. Doesn't have a cd or cost any mana 90% of the time. After ~20 times of abusing, it started going crazy like leaving the hero in the air, then it just stopped working altogether.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:44 AM   #15
Gwydal
User

Gwydal has little to show at this moment (4)

Great map!
but...
I played it 3 times, and it allways freezed after ca. 20 minutes.
Last version before release was more stable (on my computer).
And I miss the demon tower...
Gwydal is offline   Reply With Quote