wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > Obsidian Depths
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-10-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
iNfraNe
MSc

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe
Default 0.10s discussion

I found it to be annoying reading trough 1 thread. So I guess this would be a good idea to keep things clean (instead of people talking about game related stuff in a thread about the livelyness (is this a word?) of this map).

Anyway:
Level1: wtf no more mana burn. I think removing mana burn is good... however. The MOOOOOOOOOVE should be nerfed dramatically together. I know he is really easy to beat but its no fun to keep dying and letting 1 guy run around. Either shorten the duration, or make him not invulnerable.
A hero level limit is good.

Level2: impossible? :) We killed the big boss once, but ofcourse were unable to kill him within 15 seconds. After he revived there were soooooo many bashing skelletons around (which walk waay faster than the heroes now?) that it was really not possible to kill him. Not having him take over summons is good.

Cant talk about further levels cus lvl2 is impossible xD
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball
iNfraNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-10-2009, 01:22 PM   #2
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

My clan got to the end of L3, so I know L2 is still possible. You just need strong and capable crowd control and good timing. Someone also did it in a pubby, so it can't be that bad. Come on. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNfraNe
Level1: wtf no more mana burn. I think removing mana burn is good... however. The MOOOOOOOOOVE should be nerfed dramatically together. I know he is really easy to beat but its no fun to keep dying and letting 1 guy run around. Either shorten the duration, or make him not invulnerable.
A hero level limit is good.
He's not invulnerable during MOOOOVE, but it just hurts so much that you're better off running away. Also, it's not hard to defeat him, you just need to wear his ultimate down. What I do is have my team scatter to the bottom left corner, give the key to a skeleton on our necro, and have the skeleton activate the boss. Then you try to shake Ramm up and avoid him as best you can.

As soon as his ultimate stops, you can wail on him. With a high DPS and good healing team, you can beat him before he ever gets his ultimate a second time. That's what I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNfraNe
Level2: impossible? :) We killed the big boss once, but ofcourse were unable to kill him within 15 seconds. After he revived there were soooooo many bashing skelletons around (which walk waay faster than the heroes now?) that it was really not possible to kill him. Not having him take over summons is good.
Remember, AOE is your friend. Hunters are also really effective against him since he always has his back to something. Let me also recommend a dedicated berserker tank, since that makes it so much easier for the pallies to keep the team alive. Just be careful with his summons, since he will summon around your weaker team members. Gotta keep your AOE tight and the crowd controlled, being overwhelmed is instant death in that level.

It's doable, though, but I'm still going to nerf it a bit more so that it's a bit more reasonable for players.
OD v0.10x Download

Coming soon eventually...

Personal To-Do List:
ICARUS
Aot3

WC3C Chat
Chat IP: 66.103.20.109
Earthbound 2 in English
vJass Manual

"DAMAGE_TYPE_POISON motherfucker!" ~Anitarf
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)

Approved Map: Dodge The Wisp Wheels

Send a message via MSN to ragingspeedhorn

I agree with iNfraNe, I have yet to beat the second boss, though I haven't tried the new version, I guess it still applies, as it doesn't sound like he has gotten any easier! The problem always seems to be that the spawn of skeletons is endless and if you don't watch out, all of a sudden 50% of the screen is filled with skeletons!
Old 05-10-2009, 02:08 PM   #4
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

I reduced the cap of skeletons during the boss substantially for his "My gift to you, mortal!" skill. The only skeletons that avert the limit are for his ultimate and when he spawns/revives. It's something like 5+PlayerCount skeletons max before he can't summon anymore.

I'll post a replay of me beating L2 next time I do it.
OD v0.10x Download

Personal To-Do List:
ICARUS
Aot3

WC3C Chat
Earthbound 2 in English
vJass Manual

Old 05-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #5
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)

Played with 4 friends and failed to beat level 2. (v0.10t)
We tried 15 times...

TIP: make it much much easier first 3 levels so people actually have reason to play this more than once.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:13 PM   #6
Chasab
User

Chasab has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohadar
Played with 4 friends and failed to beat level 2. (v0.10t)
We tried 15 times...

TIP: make it much much easier first 3 levels so people actually have reason to play this more than once.

its not supposed to be easy.

If you understand the levels it becomes easier because you formulate stratagies.
Chasab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:16 PM   #7
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasab
its not supposed to be easy.

If you understand the levels it becomes easier because you formulate stratagies.

Strategy only works on level 1.
I would really like to see a replay of someone beating level 2.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #8
Chasab
User

Chasab has little to show at this moment (0)

Stratagy works on level 2.

as long as you have a tank and a healer that know how to work together.

Tanks need to mass armor kits, every single gold they get goes to buying armor kits, and any armor kits that drop need to goto the tank.

The tank at level 2 boss should have maxed out endurance and the skill that uses endurance to lower damage.

the healer should have maxed out wisdom have the direct heal, as well as the shield that protects against a certain amount of damage.

then you need aoe from a sorc, dps from a hunter/archer, and a necro to bone wall

have one of the faster characters pull the boss down to the start area, have the tank grab the boss and turn him around so the bosses back is to all the other characters, necro sets up bone walls around the characters to help with spawns, sorc aoe's the spawns healer heals the tank(after armor kits and the endurnace/damage reduction he should be almost unkillable by ventor as long as the healer throws a heal every 30 seconds)

The big thing is the DPS killing him before the revive time is the hardest part.
Chasab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:45 PM   #9
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohadar
I would really like to see a replay of someone beating level 2.
My clan hit level 6 the other day on T. Let me get a game going with some pubbies and I'll toss up the replay. L2 will change a bit in U anyways so that it is more forgiving for public games. I think it is a very easy level if people do what they're told, the problem in pubbies is that they do not.
OD v0.10x Download

Personal To-Do List:
ICARUS
Aot3

WC3C Chat
Earthbound 2 in English
vJass Manual

Old 05-18-2009, 04:10 PM   #10
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

Maybe make 2 difficulty levels.
Maybe also make it you can play only up to half of game levels if you play it on easy.

What does that tip item do anyways? I buy it but nothing happens?

Last edited by cohadar : 05-18-2009 at 04:11 PM.
cohadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:19 PM   #11
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

I haven't added all of the advice yet. It's only usable for one level so far, Level 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohadar
Maybe make 2 difficulty levels.
Maybe also make it you can play only up to half of game levels if you play it on easy.
That is a possibility. Hrm... The game supports multiple difficulties, I just haven't really implemented them yet. I should do that.
OD v0.10x Download

Personal To-Do List:
ICARUS
Aot3

WC3C Chat
Earthbound 2 in English
vJass Manual

Old 05-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #12
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

Gorman will become famous soon enough (57)Gorman will become famous soon enough (57)

Send a message via MSN to Gorman

So i played this the other day, heres how it went:

We had a nice balanced and full team, ran in guns blazing, wipped the first few spawns of kobolds (think thats what the were) got like 3 levels from that at once (very fast xp *shrug*) then someone said "alright lets teach this big boy a lesson"(refering to the giant kobold boss dude). The boss then proceeded to 1 hit each of our team members as we fled. Game lasted around 3 minutes.

Something seems wrong...
Old 05-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #13
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Yes, you decided to suicide against the boss without considering that he starts the fight with his ultimate ready. Welcome to the Obsidian Depths, it's not easy, deal with it. :)
OD v0.10x Download

Personal To-Do List:
ICARUS
Aot3

WC3C Chat
Earthbound 2 in English
vJass Manual

Old 05-19-2009, 02:24 PM   #14
2-P
la la la

Terrain Moderator

Submissions (14)

2-P is a glorious beacon of light (423)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (423)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (423)

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(Sorry, couldn't come up with something useful to say. =/ )
2-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:41 PM   #15
iNfraNe
MSc

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)iNfraNe is just really nice (261)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe

I think it should be more visible that the boss actually uses a spell. Bloodlust effect on him should be nice. Eyecandy does serve a purpose. A bloodlusted 10meter high tauren on 'roids makes you run.

Also, ithink people are right. The game will have 12 bosses, right? If boss 2 is close to impossible... what about the rest?!?
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball
iNfraNe is offline   Reply With Quote