wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Model Resources > Animated Models
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #1
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin
Default Jungle Troll Altar Of Blood

As requested by Kyrbi0.

Description:

A trollish altar, made by request for Kyrbi0.
Based on Altar of Kings. It is the first building I created.

The statue is supposed to represent Hakkar the Soulflayer, blood god of the Gurubashi trolls.

In order to make the Birth animation functional, you have to import the AltarOfBloodOrcBirth.mdx file, and remove the "war3mapImported\" from its path in the Import Manager.

Portrait is included inside the model. Icons are included.

Animations:

Stand: Nothing interesting happens, the altar just stands there, there is small fire burning in the torches.

Stand Work: The cauldron is emitting bubbles, there is a bigger fire burning in the Torches.

Death: The building explodes, leaving just a couple of gray debris rocks.

Decay: The debris stays, there is smoke coming from it. Later, the smoke dissipates. The debris disappears at the end of the animation.

Birth: The base of the altar is showing all along, alongside with the basic Orc building Build\Birth animation. The whole model appears at the end of the animation.

Paths:

Models:
AltarOfBloodOrcBirth.mdx(remove the "war3mapImported\")
The path for the "AltarOfBlood.mdx" file does not matters.

Icons:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAltarOfBlood.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNAltarOfBlood.blp

Important:

Please give me credits for my work if you use it in your map. Do no redistribute this model to other sites. You may edit this model for your own purposes as long as you give me full credit.

Icon:

Click image for larger version

Name:	BTNAltarOfBlood.jpg
Views:	710
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	42826
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AltarScreenshot.jpg (196.1 KB, 2164 views)
File Type: jpg AltarScreenshotIngame.jpg (616.8 KB, 783 views)
Attached Files
File Type: rar AltarOfBlood.rar (49.7 KB, 604 views)

~Gladiator, Sacred

Last edited by deolrin : 05-08-2009 at 04:13 PM.
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-08-2009, 01:44 PM   #2
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

This looks substantially cooler than it did before. I'm glad you took our suggestions for improving it, I actually really like it now. Looks classy in-game.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
Linaze
User

Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)

Send a message via MSN to Linaze

Cool, yes, indeed.
Quite square-ish perhaps, but still good.
Linaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:26 PM   #4
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

I like the shape, fits with how I'd envision a troll altar being.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:30 PM   #5
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 has a spectacular aura about (143)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
This looks substantially cooler than it did before. I'm glad you took our suggestions for improving it, I actually really like it now. Looks classy in-game.
//
I like the shape, fits with how I'd envision a troll altar being.
And that's what I was waiting for. :P

~~~

Deolrin, ~awexome~. I'm very grateful you agreed to take my request, and have fulfilled it so perfectly. I'll be glad to use this in my Jungle Troll project (assuming I finish it, GACK).

+Rep and <3.

--EDIT--
2 things; you should post a picture of the icon, and you should get someone to change the title to "Jungle Troll - Altar of Blood", since this is almost exclusively a Jungle Troll-themed Altar. (you could use it for, say, Forest Trolls, except for the giant serpent-ly Blood God in the middle, whom the Forest Trolls never succumbed to... /loregeek)
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 05-08-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:14 PM   #6
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

Thanks anyone :)

@Kyrbi0 -
Posted image of the icon. Dusk or anyone, could you please change the title to "Jungle Troll - Altar of Blood"?

~Gladiator, Sacred
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #7
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deolrin
Dusk or anyone, could you please change the title to "Jungle Troll - Altar of Blood"?
Done.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #8
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

I like how it's approved.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #9
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolrin
Posted image of the icon.
Done.
I like how it's approved.
TRIPLE KILL.
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Old 05-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #10
Arik
User

Arik has little to show at this moment (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrbi0
you should get someone to change the title to "Jungle Troll - Altar of Blood", since this is almost exclusively a Jungle Troll-themed Altar. (you could use it for, say, Forest Trolls, except for the giant serpent-ly Blood God in the middle, whom the Forest Trolls never succumbed to... /loregeek)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoWWiki
A small minority of forest trolls also worship Hakkar the Soulflayer, though his cult never achieved the dominance it enjoyed among the jungle trolls.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:25 PM   #11
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arik
A small minority of forest trolls also worship Hakkar the Soulflayer, though his cult never achieved the dominance it enjoyed among the jungle trolls
Lies! WoWwiki lore is a debauchery. :P

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 05-08-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:01 AM   #12
The-Cata
User

The-Cata has little to show at this moment (4)

Awesome altar, fits well with existing wc3 models.

(I thought World of Warcraft lore was denounced and disowned by the non-WoW playing community (what's left of it))
The-Cata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:42 AM   #13
Ikum-bokum
User

Submissions (4)

Ikum-bokum will become famous soon enough (60)Ikum-bokum will become famous soon enough (60)Ikum-bokum will become famous soon enough (60)

You can never have enough jungle troll buildings.
Ikum-bokum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:02 PM   #14
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikum-bokum
You can never have enough jungle troll buildings.
Workin' on it. :P
Old 05-10-2009, 12:03 AM   #15
Arik
User

Arik has little to show at this moment (3)

Wasn't the whole Hakkar thing from WoW anyways?....