wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Model Resources > Animated Models
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 03-30-2009, 02:29 PM   #1
jigrael
Worker Ant

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (36)

jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceBattle Droids Model Competition Winner

Default Troll Headshrinker

MODEL by (from Ominous Horizons team)
TEXTURE by AnemicRoyalty

I ANIMATED IT. I DID NOT MODEL THIS. I DID NOT DO THE TEXTURE.

Permission!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicRoyalty
Aww, what? I didn't even get to test it :P
As in my PM to Kyrbi0, I wholeheartedly give my permission for Jigrael to release this resource. Any issues with the texture I won't be able to resolve until next week, due to uni time constraints, unless Jigrael wants to retexture it himself :)
Zoom (requires log in)

Zoom (requires log in)

I finally finished animating this model for Kyrbi0.
A long time ago, Kyrbi0 asked me to animate this troll model, I said ok but never finished it... until now.
Kyrb told me I could release the model, and Im glad he did, I really hate to make models "private", so here it is.

Model by Tijil
Texture by AnemicRoyalty

Hope you like it.

keep an eye open for the Python Warriores

edit: Icons added
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (64.7 KB, 8267 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (76.2 KB, 1294 views)
File Type: jpg BTNHeadshrinker.jpg (19.7 KB, 1630 views)
Attached Files
File Type: rar Headshrinker.rar (240.7 KB, 1891 views)
File Type: rar HeadshrinkerICONS.rar (14.2 KB, 1003 views)

Last edited by jigrael : 04-16-2009 at 05:54 PM.
jigrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #2
wraithseeker
User

wraithseeker is on a distinguished road (17)

Omg, this is brilliant. 10/10 for a troll model. That is really nice for a model made in warcraft.

Good quality, nuff said by Jigrael + REP
wraithseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:48 PM   #3
xXm0rpH3usXx
I want my rep back! asap

Submissions (35)

xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)

i dont have magos or wc3viewer on this comp, but looks good!
i guess anims will be awesome as always!

but somehow he doesnt really fit into the troll's lore in my opinion...
its a great model, dont wanna say that, but the concept is a bit off!

looks like a human caster which was trollalized!
Old 03-30-2009, 03:02 PM   #4
wraithseeker
User

wraithseeker is on a distinguished road (17)

How so? He looks like a troll with his skin!

Although I have to say that the glowing staff? (Correct me if I am wrong, doesn't fit into the troll model)

I don't see any human form of the troll :P This troll must be a badass troll who collects head aka a head hunter.

Last edited by wraithseeker : 03-30-2009 at 03:03 PM.
wraithseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #5
TheKid
User

TheKid will become famous soon enough (37)TheKid will become famous soon enough (37)

Hmm.. for some reason when I try to click on the .jpg it constantly tells me to login. I tried logging in twice (directing myself through the links each time) and it still tells me to log in.

Anyways, it looks nice but I really can't give any feedback to you until I see the animations, but I hope they're nice :P
TheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:37 PM   #6
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Is there written permission from both AnemicRoyalty and Tijil to release this under your account name? That's important.

It looks okay. I really dislike how cluttered the texture is and particularly dislike the shape of the staff. Can't check the animations, but they're likely along the quality level of most of your work, so I won't complain. Cool stuff, would be good enough but I really think the texture looks awful. It also needs that permission I mentioned above to be attached somehow to the first post.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:02 PM   #7
jigrael
Worker Ant

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (36)

jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceBattle Droids Model Competition Winner

you are absolutely right Dusk, Ive no authorization from them. When I finished animating this I was very tired and wanted to get feedback but yeah I cant post this when its not entirely mine. Im removing the model until I get authorization.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:43 PM   #8
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (156)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (156)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Alright, this is so awexo-mazing. But I've already said that. I do want to publicly appreciate jigrael for giving me such a cool Birthday present, though. :D

~~~

Permission, you say? I will attempt to contact Tijil again (he's a slippery fellow), but hopefully this will suffice?...
Click image for larger version

Name:	~Tijil's Permission.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	41753
(I coulda sworn I already released all his Max files, for people to edit at will; this was one of them.)

Anyway, in case AR hasn't seen this yet, I'll PM him.
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #9
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

Hmm.. Interesting model. I'm not a big fan of the glowy staff and the the green-purple parts of the texture, but otherwise this is a great model. The animations are imba, good job on that jig.

~Gladiator, Sacred
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #10
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Well, the staff doesn't (shouldn't...) glow regularly; only for his Spell/Attack anims. Normally it's just a leafy-TC staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXMorpheusXx
but somehow he doesnt really fit into the troll's lore in my opinion...
its a great model, dont wanna say that, but the concept is a bit off!

looks like a human caster which was trollalized!
O_o
What are you talking about... a Troll Headshrinker fits more than perfectly into Troll lore and design. In what way is a "human caster"-ish at all?
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 03-30-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #11
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (166)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrbi0
Well, the staff doesn't (shouldn't...) glow regularly; only for his Spell/Attack anims. Normally it's just a leafy-TC staff.

I meant the staff as a whole, sorry if someone misunderstood my post. I practically meant that the glow was pretty... eh... bad, and not really fitting with Darkspear trolls(if it was supposed to be a Darkspear, that is).

~Gladiator, Sacred
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:30 PM   #12
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)

Gorgeous model, and I'm quite sure the animation work you did on it matches the quality of the model... a shame that I can't rep you more...

I'm just wondering if AR could do an Ice Troll version of the skin... I'd need it badly for my hero...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigrael
keep an eye open for the Python Warriores

We are... of course we are!
Old 03-30-2009, 06:31 PM   #13
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Ah.

Well, I'll have to see in-game, but from the pic, I actually like the SFX.
Also, it's supposed to be that kind of purpley-doom particles; he's primarily a Voodoo-troll (as common as that seems; but Voodoo isn't the only magic in my Troll race, so it's good to have a hero like this.

You'll have to wait for my testmap (if I get the MPQ working and uploaded) to see him in the action as he was intended. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
I'm just wondering if AR could do an Ice Troll version of the skin... I'd need it badly for my hero...
You are welcome to ask him, but the model itself is a pretty Jungle Trollish concept.

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 03-30-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:01 PM   #14
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrbi0
You are welcome to ask him, but the model itself is a pretty Jungle Trollish concept.

Well, of course, but if he could make that head a magnataur/mammoth/penguin head without screwing up the entire model (probably very difficult), it could fit an "Ice Shaman" role pretty well...

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 03-30-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Michael Peppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:16 PM   #15
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk
It looks okay. I really dislike how cluttered the texture is and particularly dislike the shape of the staff.
Do you mean, like, all the little tools on his belt, and the anklets? Or even the skin tone?

Also, it's not a very good picture of the staff. What about it do you dislike?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Headshrinker.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	41763