wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Model Resources > Animated Models
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #1
Callahan
Bullseye

Submissions (72)

Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)

Default Nerubian Widow

Zoom (requires log in)

Nerubian Widow :
This is my own interpretation of how a female nerubian would look.
She looks more deadly, superior and feminine than nerubian males with an obvious physical superiority.

Model info :
Model is based on nerubian model.I deleted the upper chest and made a new one and reanimated the upper chest part as well as her 4 arms.
Legs and abdomen are just slightly edited.

Animation :
Attack : She strike with her 4 arms in a crown shape.
Stand : She stand with her arms in offensive stance.
Stand 2 : She clean her claws from victim's blood.
Walk : She walk using the web to protect herself.
Death : She dies like any wc3 nerubian.Her arms cover the body.
Spell : She move her arms backward in a parabolic shape and use telepathic power.

Object editor info :
Damage point : 0.470
Casting point : 0.450
Soundset suggested : Evil Sylvanas
She use standard nerubian walk animation and run animation speed.

Edit :
-Spell animation added.
-Hydralisk attack sound removed
-fixed normals being bugged by mdlvis.
-added hero and portrait and an icon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FemaleNerubian2.jpg (31.0 KB, 3824 views)
File Type: jpg NerubianWidow.jpg (144.0 KB, 867 views)
File Type: jpg BTNNerubianWidow.jpg (2.6 KB, 983 views)
Attached Files
File Type: mdx NerubianWidow.mdx (110.8 KB, 593 views)
File Type: mdx HeroNerubianWidow.mdx (106.5 KB, 532 views)
File Type: mdx HeroNerubianWidow_Portrait.mdx (84.9 KB, 512 views)
File Type: blp DISBTNNerubianWidow.blp (5.2 KB, 430 views)
File Type: blp BTNNerubianWidow.blp (5.2 KB, 451 views)

_________
I support every RPG map maker.
_______
OMG!My signature doesn't countains subliminal messages anymore!

Last edited by Callahan : 05-06-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Callahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #2
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (165)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (165)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Woot-age. This is such a schweet model; thanks Callahan. :P
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:30 PM   #3
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

A triumph. Delicious.

Death animation is a bit nuts, but I love the way the web settles around the body at the end.

I was hoping for a few more animations than this meagre set, but it's still delightful as it stands.

Approved.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:37 PM   #4
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

Nice! Awesome model, thanks for uploading.

~Gladiator, Sacred
deolrin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #5
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
I was hoping for a few more animations than this meagre set, but it's still delightful as it stands.
With that huge web, she ought to have some sort of "parachuting" animation, like a jump and then a slow settling flutter.
Or a web-throwing animation.
Or a "cage" animation where she pins a unit down with her claws, between the web.
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Old 05-05-2009, 11:28 PM   #6
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I feel like this really deserves at least some portrait animations, a dedicated spell animation, and a hero version with glow and a dissipate animation. It's really nice, though, fits right into the standard WC3 scene.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:52 PM   #7
Callahan
Bullseye

Submissions (72)

Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)Callahan is a splendid one to behold (688)

Ok I'll add some animations and make a portrait.
It use the standard nerubian animation set that's why ther's so few.
I can't make scratch animation for this model since it has animated helpers.
The only way is to duplicate and modificate an existing animation.

If I'd used cryptfiend as base model i'll have extra burrow anim but going underground with a web is weird.
I can duplicate attack animation and just modificate for a spell animation.

I thought about the web cage idea for a stand channel eating corpse animation she protect herself with the web while eating corpse but can work on living prey as well.
I can do this by duplicating stand animation.

The parachute idea is nice but doesn't fit that model.That not the purpose of a web.

I tried to swap texture between other nerubian textures.It need some fix because they are different from the nerubspiderlord texture because there no rune on their leg just a plain teamcolor.So multiple version will need some fixing.

I can also make a pimped version with more spike and stuffs.I had the idea to add some bone rest stuck on the web but I think it would be too noisy.

So anyone has a good way to duplicate animation?Because I only know to do this in notepad by cnp keyframe on other interval.

Oh and if you tested it in game did the attack sound is annoying or it's ok?
it plays the hydralisk death sound on attack i think it's cool ^^ but it may be annoying on long threme.

_________
_______

Last edited by Callahan : 05-05-2009 at 11:59 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:55 PM   #8
Alevice
It feels good

Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)

mdlvis perhaps?

Alevice.jones is SC2 Beta, losers.

Check out my never updated deviantart gallery!!

Kalimdor Raiders (Race Contest #1) Pastebin Page
Cavern Crawlers (Race Contest #2) Pastebin Page
Airship Race Motherfuckers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://ajaxian.com/archives/would-you-like-a-_-with-that-new-library-gives-js-what-it-should-have#comment-276203
- Dont solve problems that dont exist.
- Improve the wheel, dont reinvent it.
- Port the wheel if it doesnt exist in your environment.
- Integrate the wheel into your project.
- Make sure you can replace your wooden wheel for a rubber one if someone else invents it.
Alevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:41 AM   #9
TotallyAwesome
User

Project Member: TBR

Submissions (7)

TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)

Send a message via ICQ to TotallyAwesome Send a message via AIM to TotallyAwesome Send a message via MSN to TotallyAwesome Send a message via Yahoo to TotallyAwesome

Callahan, there's an easy way to turn helpers into bones, so could you animate it THEN? Just open the model in notepad, do this:
Replace:
helper
to
bone
When this is done, it'll turn all your helpers into bones, it's good for compatibility reasons. After that, use guesst's MDLX converter, so it'll fix certain bugs made this way. Then you got model with pure bones, with no helpers (though you can turn certain ones into helpers if you really need to, manually)

Also, to duplicate animation, just copy the model, then name the animation from "Spell Attack" to "Spell"
Then in oinkerwinkle's animation transfer, transfer animation from the copy (with "Spell") to the base model with "Spell Attack". Then you get "Spell Attack" and "Spell", then just rename "Spell Attack" to "Attack" and modify spell further to fit your needs. Then repeat the process for the rest of animations.

Last edited by TotallyAwesome : 05-06-2009 at 12:45 AM.
TotallyAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:43 AM   #10
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan
it plays the hydralisk death sound on attack i think it's cool ^^ but it may be annoying on long threme.
It is a bit annoying, yeah, I'd suggest making it something else.
Quote:
If I'd used cryptfiend as base model i'll have extra burrow anim but going underground with a web is weird.
All nerubians should have burrow animations, if you ask me. :p
Quote:
I can also make a pimped version with more spike and stuffs.I had the idea to add some bone rest stuck on the web but I think it would be too noisy.
I think the sleekness is what makes it such an awesome model, personally. Spikes would make it as you say, too noisy and too cluttered. It'd take away from the model's charm, personally.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:00 AM   #11
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Ok I'll add some animations and make a portrait.
It use the standard nerubian animation set that's why ther's so few.
I can't make scratch animation for this model since it has animated helpers.
The only way is to duplicate and modificate an existing animation.
Awexome. :P

Y'know, something to consider, instead of creating two separate models ('hero' and 'unit'), is to put all of it into one; Decay and Dissipate anims, Hero Glow, etc. Because it'll never use both (if it's a Hero, it'll Dissipate; if a Unit, it'll use the right Decay anims), and removing Hero Glow is supremely easy, even with just Notepad. Just something to consider (unless you have ulterior motives for 2 separate models :P)

Quote:
Actually, no it's not. :P Three words:
Trap-Door Spider.

She burrows underground, and then her Stand-Alternate anim has her body entirely underground, except for the arms/web, which lay right along/above the ground, like a Trap-Door. Then she has a "Attack-Alternate" (or "Spell-Alternate") where she opens the door and grabs/bites the unfortunate victim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAwesome
Also, to duplicate animation, just copy the model, then name the animation from "Spell Attack" to "Spell"
Then in oinkerwinkle's animation transfer, transfer animation from the copy (with "Spell") to the base model with "Spell Attack". Then you get "Spell Attack" and "Spell", then just rename "Spell Attack" to "Attack" and modify spell further to fit your needs. Then repeat the process for the rest of animations.
Hmm, really? Sounds useful, although "Transfer Single Animation" always bugs up the model for me.

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 05-06-2009 at 01:01 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:01 AM   #12
Callahan
Bullseye

Submissions (72)

Thx guys i've added a spell animation.
I'll make the portrait and hero version tomorrow

_________
_______

Last edited by Callahan : 05-06-2009 at 02:18 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:27 PM   #13
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Very cool; I await your update anxiously. :)
Old 05-06-2009, 01:04 PM   #14
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

DAMMIT DUSK you *must* put this into OD. As a 5.00 scaled boss monster. Called Schkittl.

Love the model; the design, texture usage and custom anims (<3) are just perfect. I can totally see an unburrow animation where it bursts up from the ground and goes RAWRAWR, waving its legs around in the air.
  • DIII: TFA Textures
  • Finish and release a bunch of stuff
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:33 PM   #15
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

I'd use this as Shivra in OD, except that model needs the spider animations and not the nerubian animations. Kind of throws a wrench in that one. I have been wanting a Gohma model, but that's a little ambitious a request for OD and is by no means necessary.