wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Project Recruitment
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-23-2009, 04:43 PM   #1
Waynebebay
User

Waynebebay has little to show at this moment (8)

Send a message via AIM to Waynebebay
Default Four Kingdoms - Ready for Help

This is a long read for people to get an understanding of how the map works and what I am looking for. Please take your time.

Four Kingdoms

What is it?
Four Kingdoms is a cooperative map with four kingdoms battling an Orc stronghold. Each player is granted possession of one kingdom and according to what kingdom they have control over there is a different responsibility for them.

How does it work?
The kingdoms are spread throughout the land taking directional positions. The responsibilities for kingdoms are as follows:
Chronos (North Kingdom) – Manages Armies
Therian (East Kingdom) – Manages Magics
Kagorian (South Kingdom) – Manages Economics
Syerian (West Kingdom) – Manages Defenses

These basic responsibilities aren’t to be overlooked. Just because they have certain responsibilities doesn’t mean they aren’t challenged at the same time. A different break down will display a subgroup of responsibilities:
Chronos (North Kingdom) – Will act like a Footman Wars – Also will be relied upon with upgrades for other Kingdoms.
Therian (East Kingdom) – Will be staged as a ‘defend a structure’, kind of like a king of the hill so to speak – Also will be relied upon with supplying upgrades and infusions.
Kagorian (South Kingdom) – Will be responsible for a Hero and its leveling – Also will be relied upon for leveling as players get certain bonuses directly from the hero and rewards from quests.
Syerian (West Kingdom) – Will be set up as a Tower Defense – Also responsible for supplying neighboring kingdoms with towers and unlocking certain upgrades, units, and more.

With the Kingdoms and responsibilities it may be hard to remember the real threat at hand. The Orcs’ have taken home to a spot in the direct center of the map and the main objective is to rid the area of all Orc presence. They will be bothersome and may interrupt the flow of processes. Just remember that you are there to take them out.

What do I expect from this map?
I expect a replay value of 100%. Given that the map may have static objectives it may be a bit difficult to sway a 100% replay value but this map is expected to be ever-changing.
AI
- I am looking for an AI process from the Orcs’ central base to be a bit nagging and bothersome at times but, nonetheless, rewarding. I want the Orcs’ AI to be unpredictable but want the feeling that the Orcs’ are there and dangerous.
EVOLUTION
- I expect players to be so immersed in their own troubles that they have to rely on teamwork to succeed. I expect the map to be so random that you get a different game play every single time.
HEROES (KAGORIAN)
- I expect massive amounts of quests for the Hero along with random rewards (some static of course) and the feeling that you want to level, that you need to level because you want a certain item or do unlock a certain unit for your team. I want the hero GAINING process to be unique, I don’t want the traditional ‘click on a building and choose a hero’ technique. So far you need to construct a ‘Conversion Chamber’ and produce a ‘Necrologist’. The Necrologist is then able to fuse his shell (body) with fallen spirits of the past. I would like the fusing process to be tedious and eventful (that way when you DO gain a hero, you will appreciate him/her that much more) BUT I don’t want it to be extreme to the point where you don’t ever want to do it again (something fun like pressing certain keys in a pattern displayed on the screen to reel the spirit in and if you don’t hit the key in time then the spirit is deterred farther away).
TOWERS (SYERIAN)
- I expect towers to be unique and favorable. Combinations are always an option and differences are a must. I expect creep pathing and tower placing to be adequate and fun for the player. A challenge is definitely necessary and creep abilities and uniqueness will make for a very interesting challenge. Upgrades for towers will be solely relied upon from other kingdoms (ie. If you want that flame tower, Therian needs to research it). You will have basic towers to start with (Arrow, Cannon, and Axe so far) but in order to get elemental based towers you have to build Therian infused towers which require upgrades. I also want to grant the player the opportunity to occasionally capture creeps and be able to build them as towers. Creep towers will have different and unique abilities. In addition there will be Hero Towers available which are expected to feed abilities and stats from the leveling hero in the Kagorian kingdom. Hero towers base damage will be influenced from the Hero’s superior stat (ie. Ranged = Agility, Melee = Strength, Magic = Intelligence) and maybe even down to the ‘T’ dynamics such as influences/stat bonuses from Hero’s items that are carried.
GENERATOR (THERIAN)- The generator is a structure that produces a massive sum of magic to protect and shield the Therian kingdom. The generator is so powerful that if placed inside the kingdom itself it will interrupt the magical flow in the kingdom so the generator is placed upon a nearing mountain. What I expect for Therian is to have their hands full. Waves of creeps will be at their wits end trying to rid the East of the generator that powers the shields. I expect this player to have a lot of fun but be challenged at the same time. He/she won’t get strengthy shielded units to defend the generator, in fact the complete opposite. Cloth wearing mages can be produced and will have an array of magics at hand to help defend the generator but they need to watch themselves as nearing melee units will tear them to shreds.
ARMIES (CHRONOS)
- I expect Chronos to be challenged economically and strategically. Chronos will have the ability to mass produce armies but surrounding creep beds have watched carefully and acquired that same strategy. Creeps are at a constant build to a higher number army than Chronos and fight hard to take this kingdom out. Chronos will supply upgrades for all kingdoms which include defensive, offensive, and ability upgrades (ie. Fortified Corners – Adds defense to structures). Chronos may play out as an evolution and I do expect to develop a system to making unit production less micro-managing. Chronos may have 10 barracks, it wouldn’t be fun to click on one, queue up your units, click on the next, so on and so forth.
OTHER
- I would like a roaming merchant with a tag-along donkey (just as a cool little effect)
- Maybe implement random creeps spawned
- Implement spawn points for creeps per the Hero’s questing
- Add 9 custom modeled/skinned heroes. (3 per type of hero(melee, ranged, magic))
- South mines gold and every return is split evenly between kingdoms
- Implement a way for defending the generator to be exciting and on-the-edge
- Develop a system for Chronos

What have I done so far?
- ⅓ of the map is terrained
- Created spawning routine for TD side, made 42 levels of creeps already.
- Created around 10 – 12 towers
- Hero process (temporary)
- 2 quests
- Placed all kingdoms in their respective areas
- Terrained a few questing areas (could support about 20 quests if properly looked into and polished)

What do I need help with?
- Now we are finally getting into the main reason why I am posting this. Lately I have been so absent minded that I can’t think of any ideas and I feel lost. I am looking for people to shout out ideas and even for some people who might even be interested in creating this map with me. The potential for an amazing map is here if it is executed correctly.
- If anything I would like someone to create 58 more levels of creeps OR even suggest them (including special abilities)
- I would like some people to even test some things now and put in some suggestions.
- Mainly I can’t find anyone to get excited about this map with anymore. All my friends gave up WC3 a long time ago and my cousin wants nothing to do with this map anymore so it’s more or less a motivational cry for help.
- Unique Quest suggestions – I am looking for things like, the hero gets a disease from killing the boss and needs to find a witch doctor before deteriorating into a fleshy mess. As time goes on the hero becomes slower and weaker and has discovered potions don’t even work like they use to. His desperate struggle comes to a conclusion when he finds the witch doctors hut but is surprised to find a temporary fix as the witch doctor doesn’t have the necessary supplies and the hero needs to go out and find them. (Just came up with that right now but I am looking for creative ideas like this)
- Unique Towers would be a great topic and I know there are threads about towers EVERYWHERE so I may just peak around.
- Basically I am looking for people who’s heads are out of the box and see this map as a creative playground rather than a limited wc3 custom map

About me
- I am a perfectionist and an artist. The reason why I need help is because instead of focusing on developing the main systems, the way the kingdoms develop and work as a team, I get hung up around polishing what I got so far. I can make skins and icons, though I haven’t done too many but I would like to focus more on the tasks at hand, lets face it, polishing comes last.
- I don’t have the most time in the world but I could probably squeeze in an hour or two during the week and more on the weekends.
- I have been devoted to this map for several years. My cousin and I made an initial version of it back in 2002 but never really advanced it to what it could be. We gave up on it really plus the map size was way too small for what we wanted to achieve. Around 2007 I scrapped the old map and started over with this new one. I have been working on it off and on but lately have been working on it almost daily for the last 2 months.

Current Project Four Kingdoms
Terrain |||||
Units |||||
Towers |||||
Kingdoms |||||
Overall |||||

Don't paint reality if it's wrong.

Last edited by Waynebebay : 04-23-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Waynebebay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-09-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
Switch33
User

Switch33 is on a distinguished road (13)

This map sounds pretty interesting, I kind of want to see a small demo/sample if you have it though. Going by the information it just seems hard to follow and picture. And ideas would probably be more in tune with the general flow of the map if people had a feel for what the map is already. Although, from what i've read it sounds like a pretty neat idea.

Basically all the kingdoms work together supporting each other in different ways from masses of orc armies? Maybe some info/special roles or things about the orcs would be a good idea then as well. Like the orc will build posts(small buildings) near bases and set up camps. Destroying them would be wise since if they expand or are left alone they can build up heavier forces, or provide aid to their warriors(like auras etc). Also since it seems more about defending the kingdoms, some siege weaponry would probably be a good idea as well.
Switch33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
Waynebebay
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch33
This map sounds pretty interesting, I kind of want to see a small demo/sample if you have it though. Going by the information it just seems hard to follow and picture. And ideas would probably be more in tune with the general flow of the map if people had a feel for what the map is already. Although, from what i've read it sounds like a pretty neat idea.

Basically all the kingdoms work together supporting each other in different ways from masses of orc armies? Maybe some info/special roles or things about the orcs would be a good idea then as well. Like the orc will build posts(small buildings) near bases and set up camps. Destroying them would be wise since if they expand or are left alone they can build up heavier forces, or provide aid to their warriors(like auras etc). Also since it seems more about defending the kingdoms, some siege weaponry would probably be a good idea as well.

I will provide some screenshots and probably the entire map so far when i get home.

Regarding the suggestions, that is the type of stuff I am looking for! I am down for the intricate AI of the Orcs. I want them to play according to the progress of the kingdom players and I want it all based on randomness for example.

Hero gains a level
then Orc has a 25% chance to build an additional unit and send it on the Orc's occasional raid(s).

I am leaning heavily on the randomness because I want it to be a different experience each time.

Terrain |||||
Units |||||
Towers |||||
Kingdoms |||||
Overall |||||

Old 05-24-2009, 12:17 PM   #4
Waynebebay
User

Here are some screenies along with the map.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4king.jpg (96.8 KB, 15 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x four_kingdoms_v2.w3x (1.56 MB, 4 views)

Terrain |||||
Units |||||
Towers |||||
Kingdoms |||||
Overall |||||