wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: What will be the new mini-race? (Note: I won't start it so soon)
Fel Humans (of Alterac) (Humans) 4 66.67%
Ogres (Orcs) 2 33.33%
Murlocs (Undead) 2 33.33%
Kobolds (Night Elves) (in need of Hero Abilities) 1 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2009, 10:07 PM   #1
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)

Exclamation Warcraft - The Withering Kind

This main post will be reworked sooner or later, in the meantime enjoy these links:

[Files]Testing Thread (Betas and other cool things)

Blood Elves: (0.1a)

[Hero]Blood Elf Tracker
[Units]Units part 1
[Units]Units part 2 / [Hero]Occult Invoker
[Hero]Farstrider
[Hero]Scarlet Enforcer

[Image]*Crappy* Menu Recolor

[Misc]Beta (0.1a) Completion Checklist
[Misc](Spoiler) Mini-races in the Blood Elven campaign

The "F" Factor: (0.1b)

[Misc]Beta (0.1b) Completion Checklist

[Image]BE + Neutral Heroes

VERY outdated (and useless) info, still here for "historical reasons"

G'morning, guys, I'm working on a "simple" map project: doing a race with everything that moves in the game.

It will consist in two kind of races:

Full Races: Work as the in-game races

Mini-Races:
Buildings: a simple hall, barracks, a building for spellcasters, a farm (or something similar) and a tower.

Units: a basic melee unit, a ranged unit, a strong melee unit, 2 spellcasters, a siege weapon and a hero (but if you want more heroes you can use Taverns, right? )

For now there are 9 races and 4 game modes:

Full Races:
Blood Elves -> Humans
Trolls' League -> Orcs
Nagas -> Undead
Corrupted Ancients -> Night Elves
Woodsgang (Gnolls & Furbolgs) -> Night Elves

Mini-Races:
Alliance Remains -> Humans
Draenei -> Orcs
Nerubians -> Undead
Watchers -> Night Elves

Game modes:
1. Standard Melee (Races) (by Michael Peppers)
2. Deathmatch (Mini-Races) (players start with a great amount of resources, for a fast battle) (by Evil_Arthas 87)
3. Invaders vs Natives (Mini-Races) (one or more squads of players against a squad formed of a native mini-race (Nerubians in Northrend, for example)) (by Michael Peppers)
4. Gold Rush (Races or Mini-Races) (after 45 minutes of play, the player or the squad with more mines wins) (by Michael Peppers)

It's meant as a single-player pack, so I made some AI for all races, but I guess it will work also in multiplayer.

No need to say that any help would be appreciated and rewarded with rep points.

Comments and suggestions will be appreciated too.

News:
Version: 0.1a
- Added Gold and Lumber exchange in item shops
- Added a fourth mini-race: Watchers
- Created a new map for the project (Draenei Keep)
- Fixed Victory/Defeat Triggers for Gold Rush
- Fixed AI Expansion Sites bugs (and NOW I'm happy! :) )
- Implemented Custom Player Colors for Multiboards (for now there's only 1 of them, in Gold Rush)
- Enhanced (only a bit) Deathmatch AI
- No more Glow Color errors!
- 3 new spells for the Elvish Rogue
- United squads feature now works
- New units for Blood Elves, Naga and Trolls!
- All custom content but the AI has been moved to a self-executing MPQ!
- Some triggers have been redone in JASS/vJass to increase maps fluency

Not in the download: (for now)
- More changes to come :P

Coming Soon:
- New units for the full races (for a total of 12 for each race)
- All triggers vJassed
- The "F" Factor v2.5 (SR version) (but it will take a lot of time, believe me...)
- A unique flying unit for each mini-race

Current Problems:
- Since I don't know how to make spells (for now) Now I can code decent spells but I'm lazy, so there are almost no new spells, and most of the new spells are modified in-game spells
- There may be some AI problems
- Final tech-tree results won't work for: Woodsgang, Draenei, Nerubians, Alliance Remains, Watchers.

Currently working on:
- Bug Fixing (no matter what you do, new bugs will always peep out)
- Models and Spells Implementing
- Reworking the main races

The project is now in closed beta testing, I won't release an open beta until:
- I'll have 51 new hero spells (16 of them must be the final 6th level spells) I'll be satisfied by the overall quality (so not soon :P)

Beta testers (for now) are:
Michael Peppers
Evil_Arthas 87
bobbuttons

English closed beta now released! (Wanna join the testers? Let me know in this thread)
IMPORTANT!!! ALL BETA TESTERS MUST READ THIS!
Other useful posts:
Pack Status

Benefits:
- 2 new game modes exclusively intended for the testers:

1. Bug Hunt: Find a bug, take it to me and I'll kill it.
2. In Search Of The Wrong Letter: Hot-key issues to find in the map.
(But remember the most important thing a beta tester should do: give suggestions to improve the project)

Last thing: if you are italian or for some freaky reason you want to test the italian version, specify it in your post.
Italian version on hold

Race screens: (Nerubians only, for now)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nerubian.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	809.9 KB
ID:	40624

Another Update:

I got bored of the old screens so I made some badass ingame screens:

Both taken from Gold Rush:

Name:	TLvsCA.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	722.6 KB
ID:	40882Click image for larger version

Name:	BEvsCA.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	730.0 KB
ID:	40883
Woot?

1. My Troll allies are defending their base from a Corrupted Ancients' assault.
2. Me (Blood Elves) kickin' some Ancients' asses, thanks also to "Bouncing Ball".

7 from Invaders vs Natives:

Name:	IvsN001.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	577.8 KB
ID:	40887Click image for larger version

Name:	IvsN002.jpg
Views:	617
Size:	554.5 KB
ID:	40888Click image for larger version

Name:	IvsN003.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	574.8 KB
ID:	40889Click image for larger version

Name:	IvsN004.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	658.4 KB
ID:	40890Click image for larger version

Name:	IvsN005.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	731.2 KB
ID:	40891Click image for larger version

Name:	IvsN006.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	644.7 KB
ID:	40892Click image for larger version

Name:	IvsN007.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	707.8 KB
ID:	40893

Woot?

1. My Watcher allies have to learn something about siege...
2. Me (Nerubians) stuck in a corner of Draenei's base. HELP!
3. My Watcher allies have finally cleared their entrance from the towers...
4. While I distract the enemies...
5. ...My Allies clear the area! (But my units are dead... )
6. Watchers vs. Watchers, who'll win? (mine... )
7. My Allies try and succeed in saving my ass from some Azjol' Nerub traitors (I'm the only real Nerubian in this game, ok?)

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 02-05-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Michael Peppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-01-2009, 05:09 AM   #2
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (152)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (152)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Well, as a fellow "custom-racer", may I wish you good luck. :P You'll need it; things like this are a dime-a-dozen (mine included).

Anyway, my best piece of advice would be to tell you to take it slow. (Of course, you could look at my thread and call me a hypocrite, yet notice that I make no promises and just try to work on one thing at a time. :P) So while you seem to promise all these races, I would caution you that, to make them well, it takes a lot more work than you would think.

Also, something strange with your thread; your signature links to a "http://hilton.gw.oiccam.com/showthread.php?t=104333", which (IIRC) is for archives, and means no one can post in it. I substituted "hilton.gw.oiccam" with "wc3campaigns.net", which helped a bit. Anyway, it works if I go through the Forums to click on it, but I would highly suggest fixing your signature so it leads to the right place.

Finally, take it from me; posting your test map for all to see will net you little in regards to reviews or even feedback here. There is actually a "Project Testing" forum (which I recently found xD), that is precisely what you need. Post a more finished product there, and hopefully it'll work out.

~~~

So yeah. Good luck. :P
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #3
Evil_Arthas 87
User

Evil_Arthas 87 has little to show at this moment (1)

Looks a very good and promising project,so good luck with it!
You need some custom abilities for the heroes to improve it.

PS:I'm italian too.
Evil_Arthas 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #4
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)

to kyrbi0: thanx for the advices, I posted the map to increase attention a bit, but I think is quite a useless way if it's not in the main language of this forum. Also you're right, I should take it to the testing forum, after the translation. (PS: I fixed the signature)

to Evil Arthas 87: You're officially the second player of this map, congratulations! XD
Old 02-02-2009, 03:42 PM   #5
Dragoon
User

Dragoon has little to show at this moment (8)

A small hint, I started a race project before, and it is MUCH easier to build only mini-races at first, and later build them up to big, major races.
Waiting for Custom Race consest #3
Dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:48 AM   #6
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon
A small hint, I started a race project before, and it is MUCH easier to build only mini-races at first, and later build them up to big, major races.

Yeah, that's true, in fact I'll start every new race as a mini-race, but some of them are meant to remain small (ex: Murlocs or Kobolds), some of them will be expanded (Nerubians?) if I have enough models, spells and also ideas.

However, this is my first project, but it's also quite old (I made the first 4 races and Draenei 3 years ago, Nerubians and Woodsgang a year ago, Alliance Remains just some weeks ago, though I made very long pauses between periods and I began to use custom models only recently), so the amount of work for the races is way less than it may seem. Thanks for passing and for the interest you shown.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:55 PM   #7
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

So what's this about a Troll race, mmmm? :P
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 02-19-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:18 PM   #8
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrbi0
So what's this about a Troll race, mmmm? :P

An old idea, to be honest (3 years :P)
Initially this pack was intended to be followed by a campaign for each race, in Trolls' League's campaign Island Trolls (like the Darkspear Clan) suffered from heavy attacks by a Naga army, the result of this was Island Trolls seeking for aid from the other Trolls and re-forming a long-time past league with fighters from each of the 4 Troll races in WC3.

I also have ideas (but sadly not the time) for campaigns made from the other 4 main races.

Last thing, actually I'm working on having an almost decent (but still rough) english beta for a closed beta testing (it'll be hopefully finished on Saturday), are you interested? As a "fellow custom-racer" your tips could be really helpful.

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 02-19-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:47 PM   #9
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP
An old idea, to be honest (3 years :P)
Nonsense. I've worked with older ideas. Whatcha got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP
Last thing, actually I'm working on having an almost decent (but still rough) english beta for a closed beta testing (it'll be hopefully finished on Saturday), are you interested? As a "fellow custom-racer" your tips could be really helpful.
Well, I don't know; sounds interesting, I'll see if I have the time. However, I most certainly will offer to proofread your translated English version for lingual perspicacity.

*cough* like here... *cough*
*cough*
Quote:
--EDIT (Feb-18-2009)--After seeing the last few contests, I would also like to include "English Spellchecker" in there. If you want a proficient English-speaker to go through any sort of text (i.e. tooltip --> flavor text --> paragraph) and check for Spelling or Grammatical errors, hit me up.
*cough*
Old 02-19-2009, 11:50 PM   #10
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Quote:
However, I most certainly will offer to proofread your translated English version for lingual perspicacity.

Funny, that's just one of the things I was going to ask to beta testers.

EDIT:
I've just seen that example of your work and, well, I just want to say that you're really, I mean REALLY skilled in this kind of things, so OK, I think it's a really good idea if you make a proofread of it (if you can, of course), but since it's WIP it could be a little problematic situation.
Then I think I'll ask the beta testers to make only suggestions, bug and hot-key issues reportings.

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 02-20-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:03 PM   #11
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Well, ask anyone you want; in fact, the more people that look at it, the better it could be (potentially. Then again, if you ask too many people, it's like democracy; nothing will get decided on. :P)

Anyway, I'd be glad to proofread stuff when I find the time. Just hit me up (or post in this topic) when you have a translated beta/alpha/whatever. :P
Old 02-22-2009, 04:21 PM   #12
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Exclamation IMPORTANT!!! ALL BETA TESTERS MUST READ THIS!

Bump'd

Now English map is completed (again, post in this thread to join the beta testers), in this post I'll answer to some questions you'd surely ask me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone In The Future
Why does Warcraft say it's a 4 player map when there are 5 player slots?

A: Warcraft is right, this IS a 4 player map, fifth slot is computer-only slot for Invaders vs Natives, in the other modes it'll be disabled

Quote:
I think you need a terrainer :P

A: So do I :P, if you are a terrainer and you're interested let me know...

Quote:
How do these modes work?

A: All explainations are in Pack Status and in the map's quest menu

Quote:
Race X surely needs a lot of work...

A: Most of the races are not completed, here is a quick list of polishing status:

Hidden information:
Blood Elves: 50% from total completion
Trolls' League: 30%
Mini-Races: 25%
Corrupted Ancients and Woodsgang: 20%
Naga: Erm... 10%, maybe?

Quote:
Why does hero X have spell Y?

A: Most of the hero spells are now simply place-holders, a quick list: (I'll make a detailed one these days)

Hidden information:
To recalculate, actually :P

Another thing on this question: classic heroes = classic spells (if this doesn't cause doubles in the modes)

Quote:
Nerubians have "Web", but there are no flying creatures among the mini-races, why?

A:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thread
Coming Soon:
- A unique flying unit for each mini-race

'nuff said

Quote:
I opened this map with WE and I found spell/hero/unit X in italian, why?

A: Majority of untraslated spells are simply junk, heroes and units are either unused or usable in the future.

Quote:
Does it work in multiplayer? Can I try it in multiplayer?

A: It should work in multiplayer, the current version should give no problems if all of the players have the right SEMPQ, but if you want to give it a try, remember, ONLY BETWEEN TESTERS!

(And in the case someone asks)
Quote:
Can I use/copy/modify your triggers/spells?

A: Sure, but I'd like to have a minimum of credits.

Same answer if you want to use/modify one of my AIs.

And DON'T STEAL IDEAS, if you want to use a mode/race of mine etc. ask for permission first!

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 03-11-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:58 PM   #13
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

All I care about right now is Trolls and Naga. (mwahaha). Also, if you have anything "mostly polished" (i.e. probably just the Blood Elves/Naga), or anything you feel is "finished" that I can go through (grammatically), then I'd be happy to.

Waer da link!? :P
Never mind. Just read the PM. >_<

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 02-23-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #14
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Information Pack Status

Kyrbi0, for now I think proofreadable races can be: Blood Elves, Naga and Trolls' League (also a short look on interface (triggers) could be helpful).

In this post I'll put and update pack status (and completion status):

Races descriptions will come soon

Legend:
No ideas (open to suggestions) ("(?)" means that all the idea is in discussion and so changeable)
In mind
Done somewhere else (to port and adapt for the project)
In game
Almost Completed (To Revamp/Bug fix)
Completed

Game modes (for a total of 8):
Normal (Races) (That was surely easy)
Idea

What to explain? :P

Deathmatch (Mini-races)
Idea

Players start with a great amount of resources, for a fast battle. Thanks to Evil_Arthas 87 for the idea.

Invaders vs Natives (Mini-races/Native Mini-races)
Idea

One or more squads of players against a squad formed of a native mini-race. (Nerubians in Northrend, for example) My idea.

Gold Rush (Races or Mini-races)
Idea

After 45 minutes of play, the player or the squad with more mines wins. Yes, a simple control-point game. My idea.

(No name yet) (Hero only mode)
Idea

All players start with a buiding to choose the hero. The players have to defend their building as long as they can from creep hordes. The player lasting longer wins. (no PVP in this mode) Thanks to Evil_Arthas 87 for the main idea. (that I modified :P)

Involution (Races)
Idea

All players start with a huge army that slowly "involves" (loses power-ups, troops changes to more-basic versions etc.) until only the hero remains, the goal is to win before also the hero disappears. My idea. (well, really of my brother, but he doesn't want credits :P)

Creep Commander (Hero only mode)
Idea

All players start with a hero, the goal is to build an army converting the creeps of the map to kill the enemy (new creeps will spawn periodically and the spawning point will be signaled to all players). My idea.

Native Overlord (Native Mini-races)
Idea

All players start with a developed base (except houses (and towers for Nerubians)), they'll fight for their native race's supremacy. No allies allowed and all the players will have different races. My idea.

Normal races (for a total of 8):

Humans:
Blood Elves
Dwarves (sorry for being unoriginal :P)

Orcs:
Trolls' League
Goblins (same as Dwarves)

Undead:
Naga
Pandaren (Pandaren as undead? It was the last slot remaining...)

Night Elves:
Corrupted Ancients
Woodsgang (Gnolls and Fubolgs)

Standard Mini-races (counts also as Natives for "Native Overlord") (for a total of 12):

Humans:
Crusaders (Lordaeron, Barrens)
Fel Humans (Of Alterac) (Outland, Lordaeron)
The "F" Factor (Lordaeron, Barrens) (Yes, the contest race, only waiting for major debugging, new models and perhaps some major spell changes)

Orcs:
Draenei (Unbroken) (Outland)
Ogres (Barrens, Lordaeron)
Centaurs (Barrens)

Undead:
Nerubians (Northrend)
Murlocs (Barrens, Lordaeron)
Unbroken/Faceless (?) (Northrend)

Night Elves:
Watchers (no native land for them in-pack, so I'll say Barrens)
Kobolds (Lordaeron, Barrens, Northrend)
Quillboars (Barrens)

Native mini-races (only usable in "invaders vs Natives" (native squad) and in "Native Overlord") (for a total of 8):

Humans:
Tuskarrs (Northrend)
Bandits (Lordaeron)

Orcs:
Draenei (Broken/Lost Ones) (Outland)
Taurens (Barrens)

Undead:
Arachnatids (Northrend)
Skeletal Legion (Outland, Lordaeron, Northrend)

Night Elves:
Azure Dragonspawns/Draconians (?) (Northrend)
Imps/Magespawns (?) (Outland)

Maps (for a total of 4):
(4) Draenei Keep (Outland (Really Black Citadel, but it's the same))
(6) ??? (Northrend / Icecrown Glacier)
(6) ??? (Lordaeron)
(8) ??? (Barrens)

AI Status:
In game (for the current races) but has to be redone from scratch (scripting it, thing that I should learn :/)

When I got this whole written in Blue, I can say the Pack is completed.

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 02-01-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #15
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Woah woah. What's all this? Game modes, natives, mini-races... I'm confused. I thought you were adding some races to the game. :?

Also, I have yet to download the map. I haven't forgotten; I just haven't gone out yet. :P So no updates as of yet.

Umm... Yeah. So what are you talking about with the above? Love the colors, BTW. :P