wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > vJass Spells
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #1
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Default Anitarf's Olympic Spellpack

Click image for larger version

Name:	S_OlympicSpellpack.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	40094
This was my submission to the Spell Olympics last year, I figure it's about time I submitted it. The pack consists of seven spells, for their descriptions read the documentation included with their code or download the testmap and try them out.

The spells require the following libraries (not every spell requires all of them):
TimerUtils, Table, GroupGet, LineSegments, IsTerrainWalkable, xe, ABuff
The spells in this pack are:
Expand Illuminate:
Expand Glacial Wall:
Expand Lightning Blast:
Expand Thornwine Armour:
Expand Razor Gale:
Expand Lurking Shadow:
Expand Sacred Ground:
Attached Files
File Type: w3x AnitarfsOlympicSpellpack.w3x (177.1 KB, 152 views)

Last edited by Anitarf : 06-24-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Anitarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-29-2009, 11:31 PM   #2
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I keep forgetting that the olympics even existed.

Anyways, you misspelled LurkingShadow in the scope's name. It also still drives me nuts that you 'shamelessly copy' Ammorth's line segments' code as opposed to just using it for Glacial Wall. I'm pretty sure he updated it to be usable, even in your case here. Otherwise, everything looks good and in order. Thank you for making your spells easy to follow and with sensible looking code, it goes a long way to make reading over it smoother.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:53 PM   #3
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (152)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (152)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk
I keep forgetting that the olympics even existed.
So true...

Well, as a fellow contestant, I must say you will give us a run for our money, Ani. Nice job with the ideas.
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)Anitarf has a brilliant future (888)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
Anyways, you misspelled LurkingShadow in the scope's name. It also still drives me nuts that you 'shamelessly copy' Ammorth's line segments' code as opposed to just using it for Glacial Wall.
Right, I forgot I had that in there; like I said, it's been a while. Fixed now.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:03 PM   #5
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Awesome. Approved
Old 02-21-2009, 12:24 PM   #6
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix

Well, I was testing the ice ability, and I got pissed with a bug:
- Why the hell can the units attack the ice blocks ? Shouldn't they be invulnerable or have locust or something?

Please fix ...
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition

Last edited by Flame_Phoenix : 02-21-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Flame_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:55 PM   #7
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (152)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (152)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Not necessarily. In fact, I'd say you want the ice blocks destructible; makes sense, as a bunch of warriors trapped in ice would attempt to chip their way out.
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:08 PM   #8
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Quote:
Not necessarily. In fact, I'd say you want the ice blocks destructible; makes sense, as a bunch of warriors trapped in ice would attempt to chip their way out.
Mmmm good point, didn't think of that.
Well, one more spell for my project with credits to Anitarf =p
Old 02-21-2009, 10:09 PM   #9
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

If you don't want your wall units to get attacked, you can always make them invulnerable in the object editor...
Old 02-22-2009, 09:43 AM   #10
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Quote:
If you don't want your wall units to get attacked, you can always make them invulnerable in the object editor...
I know that, but if it was a bug, it would be my obligation to report it. Other users may not have the same level of knowledge you do (or I do) and it could be a nice fix for them.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:55 PM   #11
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Map updated to work with Warcraft 1.24. All it took was updating Table and TimerUtils, got to love vJass.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:13 AM   #12
SanKakU
User

SanKakU has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-1)

Send a message via AIM to SanKakU Send a message via MSN to SanKakU Send a message via Yahoo to SanKakU

glacial wall is so awesome, i'm definitelygoing to put it in my tag map when i get around to working on that one again, haha.
SanKakU is offline   Reply With Quote