wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Model Resources > Animated Models
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-15-2009, 01:16 AM   #1
Dan van Ohllus
Negatory

Submissions (40)

Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)

Default Weredragon Pack

Weredragon Pack

Model by: Dan van Ohllus (aka Kuhneghetz)

Descriptions:
Half-beast, half-dragon. They are usually found in dark interior areas like dungeons and caves. When they attack they either use their massive claws to slash their victim or cast fire (or other elementals) magic on them.

These Weredragon models I made were inspired from the Herectic Weredragon (though that version only prefers ranged attacks) and I gave my versions my own little touch-ups.

Model is based on the Owlbear model with some extra animations for use as both a regular unit, a boss unit and a hero unit.
Ingame textures are used for this model.

YOU MUST GIVE ME CREDITS IF YOU USE THIS MODEL IN YOUR MAP!!!

Feel free to edit this resource for your projects as long as you credit me for the resource you based it from, so please disregard the outdated permission part in the readme file.

Disabled icons should be inserted into this path to work correctly:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\*insert disabled icon here*

Enjoy! ;)

Note:
Some people wonder why I didn't made a version with the other Frostwyrm texture (the ingame one, not the cinematic).
Well, I tried, but that texture is VERY much different from the other dragon textures and makes it look horrible on the model no matter how much I tweak the UV.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WeredragonPack-screenie.jpg (144.6 KB, 2579 views)
File Type: jpg WeredragonBlue-screenie.jpg (139.5 KB, 435 views)
File Type: jpg WeredragonRed-screenie.jpg (142.9 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg WeredragonYellow-screenie.jpg (141.9 KB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg WeredragonGreen-screenie.jpg (137.4 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg WeredragonBlack-screenie.jpg (135.3 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg WeredragonUndead-screenie2.jpg (135.1 KB, 341 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Weredragon.zip (450.4 KB, 474 views)

I don't take requests, so don't PM or e-mail me for any.

WHY IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA TO POST YOUR FIRST MODEL/SKIN/ICON

Last edited by Dan van Ohllus : 01-31-2015 at 01:47 PM.
Dan van Ohllus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-15-2009, 01:55 AM   #2
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
. . .

Submissions (21)

WILL THE ALMIGHTY is just really nice (284)WILL THE ALMIGHTY is just really nice (284)

Silly DvO.

Weredragons are actually called Pyritie furries.
[21-10-16] Ash: WILLTHEALMIGHTY, IT IS NOT SAFE OUT THERE, TAKE THIS!
[21-10-16] Ash gives WILL a kitten.
WILL THE ALMIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:56 AM   #3
Shade987
User

Submissions (1)

Shade987 is on a distinguished road (19)

The posture looks odd. I realize that they use the owlbear bone structure, but the massive shoulder and fully upright posture distract from the dragon head, which is the most important part of the model.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:37 AM   #4
Tekal
User

Tekal has little to show at this moment (1)

they look sexci, good job
Tekal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:40 AM   #5
Kwah
Christmassy.

Submissions (4)

Kwah will become famous soon enough (43)Kwah will become famous soon enough (43)

Quote:
Weredragons are actually called Pyritie furries.

Good call WILL.

Anyway, luvely modelz.
Kwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #6
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Project Leader: LoC

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

Why the heck weredragons? I mean, come on, really?

Why not dragonian or drake beast or anything of that sort..

Weredragon, come on, REALLY?!

Anyway, they look a little ridiculous. In a good way :)

Last edited by Archian : 01-15-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Archian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #7
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

How many times do we have to debate a model's name in the model thread? The name is immaterial, you can call it what you want in your map. Since name is immaterial, he could probably call them "cum-buckets" and it wouldn't affect their acceptance into the database.

Score-screen icons? Sheesh, Dan, you really push the boat out.

Where on earth did you get Attack Slam from? If I didn't know any better, I'd have said it was the ghoul attack and you made it bounce off the ground yourself.

I'm not sure about the Spell sequence, though; the feet bobble about rather a lot in Magos' and I can't yet be bothered testing if it's a serious issue in-game.

Also, considerable number of geosets? I thought you'd managed to put everything together and assign matrices and shit by now?

Considerable(ish) poly-count, but I suppose they're large enough that those claws are a reasonable expense.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:01 PM   #8
dust
User

dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)dust has a spectacular aura about (95)

Hero #4 extra-official winner

the attack slam comes from the earth pandaren brewmaster^^
and I donīt think that the spell animīs feet problem will be visible ingame. ( who takes a look at the feet anyways....)
dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:03 PM   #9
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust
the attack slam comes from the earth pandaren brewmaster^^
and I donīt think that the spell animīs feet problem will be visible ingame. ( who takes a look at the feet anyways....)
Ah, I never cared for the Pandaren so I never look at him.

On a model this large, though, I think the details like the feet are a consideration.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:00 PM   #10
Dan van Ohllus
Negatory

Submissions (40)

Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
How many times do we have to debate a model's name in the model thread? The name is immaterial, you can call it what you want in your map. Since name is immaterial, he could probably call them "cum-buckets" and it wouldn't affect their acceptance into the database.

Cum-buckets would be a little bit exaggerated though. =P
I used the name Weredragon because other humanoid-dragon names sounded too clichéd for me to like. Weredragon sounds more brutish and fierceful than a weakly Draconian.

But you can name them to whatever you wish when you use them in your map.

Quote:
Score-screen icons? Sheesh, Dan, you really push the boat out.

Why not? Someone might wanna use the models as hero units, thus I also added dissipate animation. I didn't include any hero glow for good reasons though.

Quote:
Where on earth did you get Attack Slam from? If I didn't know any better, I'd have said it was the ghoul attack and you made it bounce off the ground yourself.

Like dust said, the Earth Pandaren.

Quote:
I'm not sure about the Spell sequence, though; the feet bobble about rather a lot in Magos' and I can't yet be bothered testing if it's a serious issue in-game.

I took my examinations and the feet do not go through the ground in any animations except attack slam, but it's so minor that it would not be noticed at all ingame.

Quote:
Also, considerable number of geosets? I thought you'd managed to put everything together and assign matrices and shit by now?

I admit that I'm very late at this vertex assignment thingy and didn't know any better when I made the models. I once tried that method on another model via Vertex Modifyer, but the result went shit.

Lucky that I got a partially translated version of Mdlvis, and I have experimented a little with it on this new model I'm working on, and it works so far (no holes or anything like that).

Quote:
Considerable(ish) poly-count, but I suppose they're large enough that those claws are a reasonable expense.

Polycount is 710 per model, so it's not really something to cry about. =)

And the older owlbear claws looked simple and fugly on these models.

I don't take requests, so don't PM or e-mail me for any.

WHY IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA TO POST YOUR FIRST MODEL/SKIN/ICON

Last edited by Dan van Ohllus : 01-15-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Dan van Ohllus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:05 PM   #11
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Well, I think you've addressed my concerns. Welcome to the database!

Approved.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:36 AM   #12
Matarael
User

Submissions (2)

Matarael will become famous soon enough (49)Matarael will become famous soon enough (49)

Fantastic looking pack, mr Dan.

Last edited by Matarael : 01-16-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Matarael is offline   Reply With Quote