wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > vJass Spells
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-06-2009, 02:17 AM   #1
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk
Default Deadeye Spell Pack

Deadeye Spell Pack (Hero Contest #3)
Background:
This is a spell pack I made for an entry in the 3rd WC3C Hero Contest. The skills were designed for use in the melee environment and some of them have some object editor dependencies. Other than those requirements, the spells can easily be ported to any map individually or as a group for use in your maps. The skills were also designed with the Deadeye Model, by Jigrael, in mind. BoundSentinel technically isn't required for any of the abilities to work, but it is used with the skills at my recommendation.

Requirements:Spells Included:
Spells:
Click image for larger version

Name:	BTNMarksmanship.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	40318Barrage
Actively Cast

Shoots arrows at units in the target area, dealing damage.

Level 1 - Small area, 75 damage.
Level 2 - Medium area, 130 damage.
Level 3 - Large area, 200 damage.

Name:	BTNSkeletalLongevity.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	2.4 KB
ID:	40319Rickets
Actively Cast

Decrepifies the target unit's skeletal structure, causing it to have reduced armor and movement speed.
Lasts 16 seconds.

Level 1 - 4 less armor, 20% slow.
Level 2 - 6 less armor, 40% slow.
Level 3 - 8 less armor, 60% slow.

Name:	BTNExhumeCorpses.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	2.4 KB
ID:	40320Graverobber
Passive

As long as the Deadeye is within range of corpses, he is invisible.

Level 1 - 3 corpses.
Level 2 - 2 corpses.
Level 3 - 1 corpse.

Name:	BTNAntiMagicShell.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	40321Quench Life
Actively Cast, Channeled

Creates a swirling vortex of life draining energies, stealing 20 life per second from all foes in range and evenly distributing it to allies in range.
Code:
Expand Barrage:
Expand Rickets:
Expand Graverobber:
Expand Quench Life:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DeadeyeScreenshot.jpg (74.0 KB, 307 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x DeadeyeSpells_v1.02.w3x (280.6 KB, 436 views)
OD v0.10x Download

Coming soon eventually...

Personal To-Do List:
ICARUS
Aot3

WC3C Chat
Chat IP: 66.103.20.109
Earthbound 2 in English
vJass Manual

"DAMAGE_TYPE_POISON motherfucker!" ~Anitarf

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 08-25-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-06-2009, 02:45 AM   #2
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 has a spectacular aura about (143)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Oh cool; I didn't know one could submit spell packs like this... Well, while I'm no authority, sure looks nice. Also, I like the in-game icon alternatives. :P

P.S. Weren't you going to rename "Barrage" to "Volley", due to the conflict with the Human Siege Engine ability of the same name?
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 02-06-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:04 AM   #3
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Yeah, but I figure it's in good spirits that I keep the spell pack submission in tune with what I submitted as the hero. That it's submitted now no longer places the requirement upon it to be a melee hero, so technically it's no problem at all.
OD v0.10x Download

Personal To-Do List:
ICARUS
Aot3

WC3C Chat
Earthbound 2 in English
vJass Manual

Old 02-06-2009, 03:51 AM   #4
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

^Good point(s).

Hey, shouldn't it say "Active" Cast, instead of "Actively Cast"?
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Old 02-06-2009, 04:03 AM   #5
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

The spell is cast actively. Actively is functioning as an adverb in this case.
OD v0.10x Download

Personal To-Do List:
ICARUS
Aot3

WC3C Chat
Earthbound 2 in English
vJass Manual

Old 02-06-2009, 04:11 AM   #6
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Oh. Guess I'm just used to using one-word adjectives.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:50 AM   #7
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Did I say something wrong? I'm pretty sure that what I said was grammatically correct..
OD v0.10x Download

Personal To-Do List:
ICARUS
Aot3

WC3C Chat
Earthbound 2 in English
vJass Manual

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 02-06-2009 at 04:51 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:41 AM   #8
fX_
User

Submissions (2)

fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)

Can I submit an entry with this model (with Undead ranger theme) too?
fX_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #9
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litany
Not wrong, funny. Sort of. ("Actively" is functioning as the subject in the sentence "Actively is functioning as an adverb in this case," and "one-word" is a two-word adjective in the sentence "Guess I'm just used to using one-word adjectives.")
Oh, I see. I can never tell with you. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fX_
Can I submit an entry with this model (with Undead ranger theme) too?
Of course. First, you need to not redistribute the model (unless specific permission is obtained from Jig). Notice I only used it for some screenshots, since the spells were made for the model and the model for the spells. Second, you just need to make sure that you code your own spells and then it's fine.
OD v0.10x Download

Personal To-Do List:
ICARUS
Aot3

WC3C Chat
Earthbound 2 in English
vJass Manual

Old 02-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #10
fX_
User

Submissions (2)

fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)

ZZZ I JUST READ THE CONTEST THREAD AND ITS ALREADY OVER!!!

p.s. i did have my own spells in mind but a hassle was that spell,throw and spell,slam were not valid animation tags as the tags were appropriated as Spell - Throw and Spell - Slam. such tags work like "Attack -" and "Stand -" tags so they cannot be made more specific in the Object Editor :c

how did you specify animations, then?

Last edited by fX_ : 02-06-2009 at 01:02 PM.
fX_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #11
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassiel
These jokes would kill at an MLA convention.
That's only a little bit frightening...

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 02-06-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:17 PM   #12
akolyt0r
In Flames

Submissions (3)

akolyt0r has a spectacular aura about (120)

Just read the description of Rickets and wondered, why does this require any jass, it can be all done with a simple ability based on acid bomb, ...or is there anything special about it ?!

and what does the RANGE_THRESHOLD_SQUARED constant for barrage specify ?
or the ITERATIONS_TIL_EFFECT of Quench Life ?
Old 02-06-2009, 10:40 PM   #13
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akolyt0r
Just read the description of Rickets and wondered, why does this require any jass, it can be all done with a simple ability based on acid bomb, ...or is there anything special about it ?!
It stacks with cripple, acid bomb, and all of those Blizzard abilities. Remember this was made for a melee map.
Quote:
and what does the RANGE_THRESHOLD_SQUARED constant for barrage specify ?
If the target point/unit of the arrow is within Sqrt(RANGE_THRESHOLD_SQUARED) of the current arrow position, the arrow ends.
Quote:
or the ITERATIONS_TIL_EFFECT of Quench Life ?
This means that ITERATIONS_TIL_EFFECT timer callbacks must be run before the spell will create a special effect on struck units of the spell.
OD v0.10x Download

Personal To-Do List:
ICARUS
Aot3

WC3C Chat
Earthbound 2 in English
vJass Manual

Old 02-06-2009, 11:34 PM   #14
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
It stacks with cripple, acid bomb, and all of those Blizzard abilities. Remember this was made for a melee map.
Wait... Huh? If you base it off of Acid Bomb, but then modify it, give it a new buff (Rickets), what's the issue?
*dreads the answer*
Old 02-06-2009, 11:38 PM   #15
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrbi0
Wait... Huh? If you base it off of Acid Bomb, but then modify it, give it a new buff (Rickets), what's the issue?
*dreads the answer*
... Then the new buff, Rickets, would remove the Acid Bomb buff if the target was hit by Acid Bomb first. This is the reason custom buff systems such as ABuff exist in the first place.
OD v0.10x Download

Personal To-Do List:
ICARUS
Aot3

WC3C Chat
Earthbound 2 in English
vJass Manual