wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Texture Resources > Skins
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 10-21-2008, 11:13 AM   #1
ike_ike
User

Submissions (5)

ike_ike will become famous soon enough (30)ike_ike will become famous soon enough (30)

Default Revenant of Purpleness

A purple Revenant. 'Twas supposed to be arcane, that being the theme of THW texturing comp #10. Anyhow, it slowly turned into the mess you see now.

His little kilt thing and his shoulder pads are team coloured.

Units\Creeps\Revenant\Revenant.blp

By the way, I have no idea what the fork happened to the portrait. Because the portrait included with the texture and model in the war3.mpq isn't the portrait used in the game. Odd, no?

EDIT:The screeny isn't the newest one. Oh dear. Just a moment whilst I root through my folders for it.

Never fear, I live! Be back with updates in just a moment.
Attached Images
File Type: png Revenant.png (360.7 KB, 1919 views)
File Type: png revenant screenshot.PNG (1.50 MB, 560 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot.jpg (350.7 KB, 480 views)
Attached Files
File Type: blp Revenant.blp (89.9 KB, 332 views)

Last edited by AnemicRoyalty : 11-12-2008 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Housekeeping
ike_ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-21-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (926)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

Decent, but requires in-game screenshots to be approved. (including a portrait shot please)
Old 10-21-2008, 05:59 PM   #3
TotallyAwesome
User

Project Member: TBR

Submissions (7)

TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)

Send a message via ICQ to TotallyAwesome Send a message via AIM to TotallyAwesome Send a message via MSN to TotallyAwesome Send a message via Yahoo to TotallyAwesome

Yuck, portrait on revenant model is SHITTTTT (in a bad way). But yeah, awesome texture (hough it could need some contrast). Guess where it got used :P
Old 10-21-2008, 06:17 PM   #4
Vestras
User

Project Member: LoC

Submissions (4)

Vestras will become famous soon enough (40)Vestras will become famous soon enough (40)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAwesome
Yuck, portrait on revenant model is SHITTTTT (in a bad way). But yeah, awesome texture (hough it could need some contrast). Guess where it got used :P

At a contest?
Vestras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:32 AM   #5
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

arawrawr, tis a cool texture. All of Dusk's comments from the contest judging apply too.

Hidden information:

ike_ike
Submission
Contrast: 4/8
Well, it's... Purple! That's well and good, but you do have some good contrasting colors in there with the blue on the shield and pink on the dress. The problem is that you weren't consistent with it at all and were kind of random in the colors over the whole piece. That inconsistency detracts from the overall composition.

Shading: 6/8
Your shading was pretty good, though I imagine it would've played a much larger role had the purples been lighter and more distinguishable. Black versus purple is a tough call in most cases, though on the whole you did a good job shading.

Design: 4/8
Inconsistency in the design is a big killer here. I mean, the ice mace, the blue shield, the swirlies here and there, and then the sharp edges everywhere else. It really had a good design, but it just ended up a bit choppy. There was adequate detail put into the face, though I think the revenant just has a mediocre portrait anyways. Still, I think it could've used to be more visible and imposing, it's almost impossible to make out in-game.

Creativity: 5/8
Revenant of purpleness is pretty awesome, not gonna lie. The truth, though, is that while a creative model to choose, it also served as a nice medium for you to get some wavy energy curves in there. It's those swirls on the loin cloth are really strong aesthetic points, you should have had them more uniform around the whole texture. It really would've done it wonders.

In-Game Appearance: 13/18
It's too bad you placed ice revenants that are tinted super blue for your in-game shot, but that's okay! When I tried it, in-game it retained a good portion of its detail, but was way too purple and almost melded into the blob. If you had done a few more of those light-pink swirls around the lower dress, it would've held up much better in-game.

(12/108)*50 + 32 = 37.56

So yeah, it's a bit dark, try lighten the purple up a bit and highlight the edges
of the black a bit more to really bring out the contrast.
Also see if you can't pimp out the mace a bit more.
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:33 PM   #6
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

So any updates? Also, don't forget the ingame shot.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:56 AM   #7
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)

Approved Map: Jurassic ExplorationSmiley contest 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.Skinning Competetion #4 - FallenSkinning Competetion #4 - Atoned

Rather nice, I think the texture doesn't need an update, ingame screenie would be enough.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite
My Wc3c Resources

I'm not doing requests, don't pm me about it

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
Olof always speaks true.
olofmoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:13 PM   #8
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

It's been nearly two weeks since an in-game screenshot has been requested. I'm giving this 24 hours.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:58 PM   #9
TotallyAwesome
User

Project Member: TBR

Submissions (7)

TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)

Send a message via ICQ to TotallyAwesome Send a message via AIM to TotallyAwesome Send a message via MSN to TotallyAwesome Send a message via Yahoo to TotallyAwesome

I think ike is offline for some reason, also he is from asia so he could get his acces here blocked.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #10
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (23)

I'm gonna approve this, feel free to update it though!

~Approved
Old 11-11-2008, 11:31 PM   #11
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

At the very least, attach the proper screenshot and stuff to the first post.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:38 AM   #12
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (23)

Done.