wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 10-20-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
RolePlaynGamer
User

Submissions (1)

RolePlaynGamer is on a distinguished road (20)

Send a message via MSN to RolePlaynGamer
Default Everwood ORPG

Current team:
  • Yohobofire: Terraining
  • RolePlaynGamer: Scripting, modeling
  • Darkenneko_003: Texturing

"Everwood" is an ORPG that my team and I have been working on for a long time. Our goal is to bring Warcraft III maps to a new level with this, bringing the entertainment and quality level from MMORPGs to the Warcraft III engine. Ofcourse you cannot bring the MMO feeling to a 12-player map, but you can bring a lot of the features. With this in mind, we have filled "Everwood" with a ton of well-known and liked features from popular MMOs such as "World of Warcraft", "Guild Wars" and ”The Elder Scroll: Oblivion” to bring you the absolute ORPG experience.

List of Everwood features:
  • A well integrated mount system with a wide variety of mounts to aquire.
  • An advanced camera system which allows you to view the hero from all possible angles.
  • In the arenas of "Everwood" you will not only be able to fight friends and foes but also be able to take a look at fights and bet money on them, taking the ideas of ORPG arenas to a new level.
  • A realistic condition system made to enhance the combat aspects of the game.
  • "Everwood" will feature a realistic attachment system, allowing players to see everything they equip on the hero. The attachment system will include weapons, shields, chests, helmets, legs, shoulders, gloves and even boots. Other equippable slots are ring #1, ring #2, belt and amulet.
  • All heroes in "Everwood" will be able to choose a secondary profession, taking the benefits and conditions of multiple classes.
  • "Everwood" will feature a wide range of well developed and interesting quests, with multiple tasks to accomplish and people to help while keeping the spirit of MMOs alive with the classical "kill 20 rats" quests. These types of quests will however be kept to a minimum and there will be a greater focus on unique quest lines.
  • If you get tired of completing quests and fighting mobs then you can make time pass by traveling to the big cities where you can learn how to craft. Planned crafts include: Fishing, mining, smithing, cooking, fletching, alchemying and more.
  • "Everwood" will feature a new take on skills with our own custom made skill system which allows you to pick up to 11 skills at once from a pool of up to 100 skills.
  • Are you as bored as us with the generic Blizzard item chest for each and every item on the map? All items in "Everwood" will have their own unique and animated item model.
  • "Everwood" will feature not only transparent trees, but also transparent houses. So when you enter a house, you will be able to view through the roof, and when you get nearby a tree you will be able to see through it. This makes every building in ”Everwood” enterable.
  • "Everwood" will include a Full Screen Inventory made only for this map. The inventory will include 50 bag slots, equipment, shop, progress bars and much more.
  • ALL skills in "Everwood" are triggered, and their effect are based on stuff like health, mana, defense, attack range, conditions with many more.
  • "Everwood" will feature a worldmap system, which allows players to add markers to the map.
  • "Everwood" contains a battlefield with AoS like fights.
  • An unique animation systems which will change your animations depending on the weapon you're wielding.
  • "Everwood" features a dynamic world, full of People. Not just computers standing in one sport, or randomly wandering around, these people, Wake up in the morning and decide what to do, they can go for a stroll, go get something to eat, walk the dog, who knows. Stores will open in the morning and close at night, Traveling Merchants will travel from town to town.
  • More than 650 imported models/skins/icons.

Other small features:
  • Custom attack- and defencetypes.
  • Save/load system.
  • Custom hero selection system.
  • Custom experience system.
  • Dynamic health- and manabar system.

Time for some screenshots.

Terrain screenshots

NOTE: The green fog on some of the screenshots has been replaced with a bright blue fog.
A hanging bridge in the forest

Entrance to the human guild

Entrance to the orc guild

The waterfall in Lioncourt

The fountain in Lioncourt

The library in the cult guild

The Room of the Damned in the cult guild

Creatures outside the cult guild

A road in the undead region

A path leading to the cult guild

Bridge to Stratham, the starter city

Eating room in the human guild

An orc outpost

Entrance to the castle ruin, one of the dungeons in Everwood

Here's where the orc region starts

Here starts the swamp

Random screenshot of the forest

Another random screenshot of the forest

Spells

NOTE: EVERY spell in Everwood are trigger enchanted.
NOTE: So far i’ve made 30 skills, 3 for each profession. The ones you are going too see now are far from the best ones in my oppinion. The better ones simple can’t be pictured.

Truss of Might

The Berserker throws his rope at the enemy grabbing him, he puts both his hands on the Rope and pulls hard bringing the opponent down to a slam behind the berserker.

Screenshot

Rays of Heaven

The priest calls upon the lights of heaven to shine down on the unholy, he raises his hand and the divine lights from god himself come down in a firey ray to destroy the enemies of the pirest.

Screenshot

Corpse Explosion

The Necromancer channels his powers through a nearby corpse, when the time comes, bones, muscles, skin tissue and other parts of the body are thrown after an explosion towards nearby enemy targets causing injury to the nearby enemies through means of the dead.

Screenshot

Fire Wall

The Pyromancer summons a great wall of fire to block the paths of his enemy, those who set through are set ablaze, burning themselves down to the bone as the fire eats them away.

Screenshot

Systems

Mount System

The heroes of Everwood can have a variety of mounts to ride, and can ride them using this system. You probably already have seen maps with systems like this, but trust me, you have never seen anything like this. When you choose to ride your mount in Everwood, the hero can actually be seen riding the mount.
Screenshot

Attachment System

Every map nowadays have an attachment system, but nothing like this. Normally you can only see weapons, shields and sometimes helmets on your hero, but in Everwood you can see weapon, off-hand, helmet, chest, legs, boots, shoulders, yes even gloves are shown. Since you can zoom in with the camera system, and because we're perfectionists, we've put a lot of time into correcting the attachments so they display probably on the hero.
Screenshot

Transparent System

Everwood features a transparent system, which not only turns nearby trees transparent, but also houses if you enter them. This system gives heroes the opportunity to enter peoples buildings and explore the world of Everwood down to last detail.
Screenshot

Worldmap System

Everwood contains a worldmap, which you not only can view, but also add your own markers.
Screenshot

Items on the ground

Battle Mage Set (only contains half of it)

Random Items 1

Random Items 2

Random Items 3

If you want more screenshots i have more than 100 uploaded on my photobucket account.
Questions welcome.

Progress:
Terraining: 100%
Triggering: 65%
Icons: 65%
Models: 60%
Yohobofire: Terraining
RolePlaynGamer: Scripting, modeling
Darkenneko_003: Texturing

Last edited by RolePlaynGamer : 02-28-2009 at 09:19 AM.
RolePlaynGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-20-2008, 07:29 PM   #2
Rommstein60
User

Rommstein60 has little to show at this moment (4)

Looks really nice and interesting : a RPG with nice terrains and decors, nice spells and icons, and no many system useless !
Good luck
Rommstein60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:57 AM   #3
Leopard
Banned

Submissions (6)

Leopard seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-100)Leopard seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-100)Leopard seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-100)Leopard seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-100)

Send a message via Yahoo to Leopard

Wa, very nice screenshots and systems, it should take you a lot of time, im also creating an ORPG (Hero Online) but your map is sure much better, good luck ^^
Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:03 PM   #4
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

Looks exceptional.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:47 PM   #5
RolePlaynGamer
User

Submissions (1)

Exceptional?
Old 10-21-2008, 04:40 PM   #6
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)

Approved Map: Dodge The Wisp Wheels

Send a message via MSN to ragingspeedhorn

He's saying it looks great ^^
ragingspeedhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:07 PM
RolePlaynGamer
This message has been deleted by RolePlaynGamer.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:18 PM   #7
RolePlaynGamer
User

Submissions (1)

Changed first post and added a new system, the Transparent System.

Hidden information:
"]
Old 10-24-2008, 11:08 PM   #8
Craka_J 123
R.I.P. George Carlin

Submissions (6)

Craka_J 123 will become famous soon enough (47)Craka_J 123 will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via AIM to Craka_J 123 Send a message via MSN to Craka_J 123 Send a message via Yahoo to Craka_J 123

This project looks very interesting. The occlision system and the terrain are both very good. I look forward to seeing this get released!

~Craka_J
Craka_J 123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:14 AM   #9
Darkenneko
User

Darkenneko has little to show at this moment (4)

Default Update

Rawrs,
I've done some working, [kinda, I'm a slow working person.]
well I need the publics critics on my world map, tell me the good and the bad.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...verwoodMap.jpg

Anyhoo,
More stuff will be updated later, time for this slacker to get back to work.
Blah.
-Calvin
Darkenneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:03 AM   #10
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

This actually looks quite phenomenally well made for a WC3 RPG. I really can't cast my final thoughts until it's a little further along in development though. Know, however, that I will be watching this; it has the potential to be quite epic.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:45 AM   #11
RolePlaynGamer
User

Submissions (1)

In this thread i only included the best features, spells and screenshots, if you want more i can also include the rest, which will make the first post more than twice as big. =)

Last edited by RolePlaynGamer : 10-26-2008 at 06:46 AM.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:56 AM   #12
Vestras
User

Project Member: LoC

Submissions (4)

Vestras will become famous soon enough (40)Vestras will become famous soon enough (40)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlaynGamer
In this thread i only included the best features, spells and screenshots, if you want more i can also include the rest, which will make the first post more than twice as big. =)

Yes please. :)
Vestras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:03 AM
RolePlaynGamer
Old 10-26-2008, 07:51 AM
RolePlaynGamer
Old 10-26-2008, 08:51 PM   #13
RolePlaynGamer
User

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlaynGamer
Post has been updated, more will come later.

Here's a another screenshot of the equipment system with some of Calvins icons.

Screenshot

Old 10-26-2008, 10:34 PM   #14
assassingao
User

assassingao is on a distinguished road (13)

I'm looking forward to it. This beats any other ORPG by far.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:27 PM   #15
RolePlaynGamer
User

Submissions (1)

Alright people, i have a question for you. Should players share the same quest progress or should players have their own invidual progress? Or should i make 2 kinds of quests, one where you share progress and one with invidual progress?