wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 09:41 PM   #31
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverSpell Making Session 13 WinnerSpell Making Session 12 Winner

Send a message via AIM to Zerzax Send a message via MSN to Zerzax

Did someone edit my post?
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-17-2008, 10:34 PM   #32
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (156)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (156)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

No, he (was supposed to) quote your post, then change the mentioned portion, Bold the change, and say some variant of "Fix'd".
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Old 11-17-2008, 10:37 PM   #33
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverSpell Making Session 13 WinnerSpell Making Session 12 Winner

So it's a bad idea? It's already being done? I partially understand what you're saying...
Old 11-17-2008, 10:47 PM   #34
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

In His Opinion, it's a bad idea. Would instead be "Epic Fail".
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Old 11-17-2008, 10:54 PM   #35
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Gotcha. Well, it did pop into my head suddenly, but I thought it would be interesting to take 4 people with each race and pit them against each other.. whatever

Last edited by Zerzax : 11-17-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:11 PM   #36
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

It could be cool, but you'd need to find someone willing to do it. We've bounced the idea around for past hero contests as well, but it never really got off the ground.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:25 PM   #37
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

As long it wouldn't be an obscene amount of object editing, I'd be willing to do it.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:26 PM   #38
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Well now that depends on the entries, doesn't it? :)
Old 11-17-2008, 11:27 PM   #39
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Damn that was fast! Of course :P
Old 11-17-2008, 11:34 PM   #40
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Yea. If it was like me, it'd be a pretty high-level of Object Editing to transfer between maps. The only other problem is, then, the difficulty in balancing the additions with themselves, their race, and the other races.

So no one has PMed me back... Dangit.

~~~

So question; of course, no Spells made from before the contest. But can we get help? And/or, can we re-make old coding (as long as we don't copy/paste)?

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 11-17-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:42 PM   #41
abriko
User

Submissions (22)

abriko is a jewel in the rough (159)abriko is a jewel in the rough (159)

A confirmation :

Quote:
Create custom special effect models for any number of the hero's spells and/or the hero's attack.

We can create several special effect models ?
Old 11-17-2008, 11:52 PM   #42
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abriko
We can create several special effect models ?
Yes, as many as you'd like if you choose this option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrbi0
So question; of course, no Spells made from before the contest. But can we get help? And/or, can we re-make old coding (as long as we don't copy/paste)?
If you fully recode something from the ground up, it doesn't break any rules. If you merely revamp an old spell, I would call that for breaking the rules.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:12 AM   #43
Mc !
Master Creator !

Acting art director
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (101)

Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)Mc ! has a reputation beyond repute (1117)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd PlaceModeling session 2 - Chimeras

Send a message via MSN to Mc !

So, since it's 3 options it would be legal if I do all of the following:

·Create a custom hero model with either in-game or custom animations.(Ingame textures)
·Create custom special effect models for any number of the hero's spells and/or the hero's attack.
·Create custom icons for the hero's spells.

Right?

Awesomeness = #Rep / #Posts
Old 11-18-2008, 12:58 AM   #44
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Yes, Mc !, it would be legal.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request ThreadDone for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:08 AM   #45
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogasm
Yes, Mc !, it would be legal and awexome.
Fix'd.

Please, visit upon us your awe-inspiring 3D wrath and concurrent ideas, Mc!.
Closed Thread